1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 9

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 4, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha,

(Change in name noted, appreciated and gratefully reciprocated)

Thanks. It is a pathetic fact that the people of evil are extraordinarily alert while good people are not so at all times. Of course being alert is not an excuse for evil.

But you know unless we have good and evil together we cannot appreciate the good. We have a proverb in Tamil that we will realise the value of shade only when we are exposed to hot sun. And in love, people say, that presence strengthens love, but absence sharpens it.

In writing this episode many real life incidents I saw in corporate circles came to help.

Thanks a lot, Lalitha.
    Thanks again. Let me pray God that I should always be upto your expectations.

Loves,

2. varalotti

Dear Veda Vyasan,
    Several years ago, I should say, decades ago, I saw a movie called Deiva Piravi. Shivaji and Padmini had played the lead roles. The villain (I think it was M.R.Radha) would plot in such a way that Shivaji starts doubting his beautiful wife, Padmini. Life would be hell for her. And when Shivaji is in a state of anguish, there would be a beautiful song sung by the C.S.Jeyaraman in his unique voice. "Thannai thane nambathathu sandhekam"
    A man in doubt does not even believe himself. The scene, the setting, the words, and the beautiful Kanada Raagam to which the song was set - I was just shedding tears all through the song.
    Reading your response and ruminating this episode I relived those moments. I know Veda Vyasan I made you and all the ILites quite heavy with this episode.
    But only episodes like this build a strong story line. Episodes like this add a touch of realism to the story. Even in a movie like Shivaji they had to write a story in such a way that Rajni comes to the street before striking back.

Eagerly waiting for your re-entry.
    Love,

3. varalotti

Hi Mals,

You see how much planning Vulture has done to convince Priya of the truth of his version. True love can withstand any storm no doubt. But when pure evil like the Vulture plots against love, love receives a few blows before it recovers and strikes back.

You need persons like the Vulture and Balki to complete any story.
    Their love for each other will make them repent for their fallacy.[/quote]

Will their love for each other make them repent for their faults? Well, Mals, I have my own doubts.
    Thanks for the response,
    love,

4. varalotti

Dear Janani,
    Thanks a lot, Janani. I am able to write the story purely because of the interest evinced by ILites like you.

In the case of Madhavan and Priya, it is not just money and trivial ego matters. It is pure evil personified in the Vulture.

What Veda has said is a beautiful statement. But in general it is better to trust but verify. Blind trust is as much dangerous as blind faith. Marriage counsellors now ask the partners to keep their eyes wide open to any suspicious behaviour on the part of their spouses and then immediately sort it out.
    Let's see where the story leads us to.
    regards,

5. varalotti

Dear Chithra,

Thanks for the nice, stimulating words.
    After reading this episode I think many ILites are now convinced of my evil propensities.
    In this story, I am Madhavan, Sethu, Priya, Sharada and even the 10 year old boy who tried to put the chain in Sethu's bag are none else than me.
    The Mandukya Upanishad (correct me if I am wrong, for any day you are the authority on religion) talks about waking state, dream state and deep sleep state. While describing our dream state it draws a poweful analogy.
    Let's say that I dream of a tiger chasing me and that I go running towards a waterfall. There is also a large mountain to my right.
    The Upanishad says, you are the tiger, the waterfalls, the mountain and the person chased by the tiger. Only you are real and the others are your projections.

And in the same breath says, that similarly whatever you see in your waking state are your projections. So believe me Chitra I am good, I am evil. I am all the characters and the stage in which the characters act.

True, but I also said that there will be some casualties on the side of good as well. Mahabaratha talks of the enormous casualties suffered by the Pandava's side, the side of good.

Love,

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  6. varalotti

Hats off to you Shanthi. You are the only person to point out that this episode was a drain on my emotions. Believe me, I could not sleep on Friday night. I had read the draft some eight times that night for editing. At half past eleven, I was tossing in my bed. I did not have a wink of sleep. Around mid-night I woke up, switched on the system and posted the episode.

All these are very beautiful to say in hindsight. But we should remember that when a powerful evidence, though doctored, is presented to our senses, our trust is generally shaken. And if the times are bad that leads to disastrous consequences. If evil has destroyed 10 families, suspicion has devastated a hundred thousand.

There are several species of vultures. Some can only smell blood; others can draw it. Some will go when there is a wound; others will go create a wound.

True. In Mahabaratha too, ultimately truth triumphed. But what price it had to pay! None survived on the Pandava's side except the five brothers.

As I told earlier blind faith is as much a poison as blind suspicion is.

Thanks for the fb,
    regards,

7. varalotti

Re: Part 5!

Thanks Malathi for picking up those lines which I loved to write. But I am still looking forward to your regular, proper feedback. Tell me what do you think of the story. What do you think of the characters. And what do you think of what others have said about the story.

regards,

8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Let me admit very frankly, I would love to analyse every bit of the episode thread bare. I have been reading the fbs by Chithra, Kamla, Shanthi Vandhana etc.(Chithra and Shanthi's fbs in this episode were wonderful.) and felt how I wish I too could write in like them. But then as always, my personal commitments keep me busy. In fact, when I am at home I have the routine house work keep me busy since my old m-i-l is with me. And I have to travel a lot too attending meetings etc. I know these may all be excuses, but then may be I am bad at time management. I am just waiting to get relieved from my present honorary post in another 5 months after which I would be able to concentrate more in what I have a passion for.
    As for the story 'He', more than the incidents happening in the lives of the characters of the story, I look for the writer's punch like your quotes about destiny etc. which impress me more than the story itself. But to be very truthful, both 'She and 'He' have certainly had an impact on me in the sense that , I have started realising that circumstances do play an important role in every individuals life, whether good or bad. Now I have stopped judging people.I have become more compassionate than before.And certainly that credit goes to your writing. I will keep reading all theepisodes and shall post fbs too as and when I get time.
    Regards,
    Malathi

9. varalotti

Dear Malathi,

It is perfectly okay if you don't read the episode at all. I would be the last person in the world to want you to neglect other important duties to read this serial.

Well, when I saw your post picking up the quotes, I pessimistically thought that you didn't like the rest of the episode. That's the reason for my post.

Remember me talking about winning some Government award for my story, Mannippu? Well, I am much more happy now to receive these words of praise from you. A writer cannot hope for a better award or a greater recognition.

Regards,

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti
    Oh it was so sad to read...........
    nazar laaga in love birds ko...............
    I hope both will realise the vulture and comes back to they senses.
    Thought you will get sethu and sharada in this episode..........
    ohhhhhhhh this is creating lot of suspense..........
    both trusted so much on each other how come Priya is doubting on Madhavan???
    suspicious mind gives an evil place in the house............
    Hope to know what happens in the next episode...............waiting for it