1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 7

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 22, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

I almost thought that this time there will be no delivery. I was caught in a whirlwind of work and could not even conceive HE 8, let alone deliver it on time.

I for one believe that it is better not to give you any food at all rather than giving you low-quality food.

But your prayers helped me. And within a matter of two hours I could conceive HE 8.

The baby is eagerly waiting for your graceful hands.

Stay tuned.

New Year is round the corner. I saw many young ILites happily talking about their plans to celebrate in their own way. Somebody is going to a sea-side resort, some to a posh star hotel and somebody planning something very big. Do celebrate. Have fun. But ladies, please do take care.

At my age I have not only seen many a summer, but also many a new year party. One thing I have found is that people are excited beyond measure that many times, they don't exercise a basic degree of care. And we have our Thiruvalluvar who could foresee these new year parties some 2000 years ago, when he wrote,

"Worse than too much wrath is the laxity due to too much exultation."

இறந்த வெகுளியிற் தீதே சிறந்த
    உவகை மகிழ்ச்சியிற் சோர்வு

So I say with a heart full of happiness,"Have a great time." and a heart full of concern and affection, "But do take care."

Love,

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  2. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

I have never underestimated the ILites' sense of humour. Nor have I ever denied the fact that many gracefully naughty ILites are around always waiting to pounce upon me on slightest provocation.

For example one ILite after reading the above post, especially the lines,

writes that,

Well, hats off to your sense of humour.

But let me just clarify it in the same tone. Conception is beyond time. The act that leads to it might be over in a few minutes. (Irving Wallace estimated the time as 7 minutes and wrote his classic novel under the same title. Paulo Coelho was a little more generous; he gave 11 minutes for the act and wrote one of his masterpieces under the same title.)

So in a way giving the time estimate as 2 hours is not that wrong. Again, anyhow in my case the conception had to be immaculate. Hope you got it.

Your views, ILites?

Love,

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    You asked
    Your views, ILites?
    But your moderator or you as a moderator will give me infraction !!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. varalotti

Dear Chithra,

No probs. Now, as far as I am concerned I am a toothless moderator. I can correct your posts but not issue infractions.

You can give your views. Let me see whether you get an infraction or not. After all it is long since I saw an infraction happening in my forum.
    ha ha ha

Now, you have already hinted about the nature of your answer. Let's see.

Love,

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    The way you put it
    After all it is long since I saw an infraction happening in my forum.
    makes me already feel like a guineapig in your forum for you to "enjoy" some fun !

But I am not going into the "intricacies" of seven or eleven mts ( remember? I reviewed the book with the latter title in good old days??).
    Scientifically speaking
    Sperms are "waiting" in the fallopian tube when the egg is released.
    To make a baby, sperm and egg must meet at the ideal moment.
    The process by which the sperm enters the egg, fuses with it, and the egg starts dividing into separate cells takes about 24 hours and usually happens while it is travelling down the Fallopian tube.
    So it is approximately 24 hrs.

Oh, Sridhar, save me from infraction, if at all ! Do you not owe this to an old friend ?
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sridhar,

Regardless of how much time or how little time, the original immaculate conception took, we should keep in mind that the product of that divine union continues to influence human minds, kindness and destiny.And also, that HE was crucified on Cross. Just wish, pray and hope that the product of Immaculate conception a la Varalotti has a gentler end.

regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: Part 7!

Dear Sridhar,
    Thank you for the info.I always visit the book fair. So, this time I will have a specific book in mind even before I go there! And thanks for also letting me know that the book fair commences on 4th Jan 08> I was looking for this info in the papers!

8. varalotti

Dear Malathi,

When you go to the book fair, ask for Kavitha Publications Stall. Please go there and ask for all the books written/translated by me. You can choose therefrom.

Only two books are being published this year. Manithanin Puthakam, which should be priced around Rs. 200, because it is a 500 page book. The other book Nambikkai Tharum Thannambikkai which will be priced around Rs.100 (plus or minus Rs.10)

And one more suggestion. Don't visit the book fair on the first day. Plan your visit on the 3rd or 4th day, and plan it on a working day, early in the evening, lets say around 4 PM. Otherwise the crowd will not let you browse the books.

Have a great time. This time I had to deny myself the pleasure of visiting Chennai during book fair owing to my professional preoccupations.

regards,

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Congrats! Very happy to read here that your book on Osho has been approved by the Osho Foundation. I have heard that they are quite discerning and take their time and will to approve translations. Well, a job well done is always rewarded! As always, I have to wait to get my copies of these two books. In the meantime, have finished reading Jannal and Visaranai. Actually, three generations in my family- patti, amma and myself read them. They are absolutely wonderful, very easy to relate to to and the Tamil is very impressive- azhuthamaaha irukku.

This thread is very active over these two days! Good!!

regards
    V24

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  10. varalotti

Dear Vidya,

Thanks a lot. In this approval matter I was only worried of one thing. The foundation had given a checklist for key English words and their approved Tamil translations. There were more than a hundred words in that checklist. While I diligently checked for these listed words most of the time, I could not do full justice to that list. I could not inhibit the natural flow of language to check for each and every word. I thought that might be a block. But by God's grace it wasn't.

I am known to take too much liberties with the authors I am translating. The love I have for Osho made me take greater liberties with him. Thus when he says, "Men fantasise Sophia Loren and Marlyn Manroe..." I brought in our local heavy weights Nameetha and Nayanthara, so that an average Tamil reader would enjoy the original work even better. Can you please tell me whether this is going a little too far? Or is it within the "translator's licence"?

I consider it my blessing that three generations of discerning women read my stories and found them interesting.

I am now praying that the thread should be active during the next two days as I am likely to post HE 8 tomorrow morning.

Thanks for this pep post, Vidya.
    Regards,