1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 6

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 15, 2007.

1. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Its <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> fault ( ! ) that I make this comment invariably every week - ‘another wonderful episode’ ! I liked Nalini’s motherly affection towards Sethu . I enjoyed Sharadha’s excellent introductory speech . But what caught all my attention & admiration was Sethu’s profound words :
    “ Working in an office, manufacturing articles, rendering commercially valuable service is necessary to live. But dancing, poetry, sunrise and a child’s smile are the reasons for living.” – superb ! ( vaazhvin arthangalai , suvaigalai azhagaaga vilakkineergal ! )

“And, you Sir, if you have ever loved another human being in your life, you will not have asked those questions.” – cool ! ( nethiyadi ! )

“‘If God decides that I should be hurt by someone, nothing I do can prevent it. If God decides that I should not be hurt, a thousand persons like this man cannot even touch my hair. “ - Bravo ! Hats off to Sethu ! :hatsoffTo u too Sridhar ! ( so don't be jealous of Sethu ! )
    <st1:City><st1:place>Ur</st1:place></st1:City> reply to Chithra :” When we dance, let's say in a party, we will have to shed our egos, our position, our age and our mind which we have accumulated all these years and merge in the activity.” – the audience may have to shed their precious lives too if U dance , Sridhar ! ! ! ! Have mercy on them ! ! ! ! Big Laugh

With best wishes ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

It was a puzzle to me as to why I get so excited when you announce a new serial on IL, now I know.
    Don't get me wrong, you are doubtless a genius in story telling and I love reading it. But, I must add that the excitement is not just about your story, but it is about the feedbacks that you so welcome and which we so readily give because you encourage us. And to top it, I jussss luuuuuv reading your answers to all of us. That surely makes you one apart from everyone!!
    I am repeatedly amazed at what tolerance you show and how you take our praises along with brickbats, with such humor and equanimity. And, there is always much to learn from all your quotable quotes and references. That surely makes your stories much much richer than they actually are!
    True, there is a guru within your vicinity if you only can recognize them. Come to think of it, I haver profited by such gurus, though I may not have A Guru that I follow. A gem of an advice and thought.
    What I am enjoying most this time is Indhusri's feedbacks!
    Thanks Indhu for providing a bit of an insight into our author's personality. You are getting better and better at it. Obviously, he is coloring you off....or....at last, your own colors are coming forward! He was very frank about his choice while marrying...Maybe our author does not know what he has bitten....These men take a bit long to get it...we all know that, don't we !:queen

L, Kamla

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    oh, this episode is so very moving! And the answer Sethu gives for Balki's question, well, one has to read it many times over to grasp it well. Such a very noble thinking!
    (My father in law used to discourage me to grow flowering plants, saying that they have no use. He used to say that I should only grow plants which are useful!)
    And so the villain is a rel villian. Now I am getting tense about what Sharada would have to face when she reaches home, poor lady!
    And, I too visualised the episode in my mind, like many others. I guess you can think of making it into a serial (not mega) with a nice director.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vandhana,

You could come out of the auditorium in a few minutes, Vandhana. But just think of me. I had to go into the auditorium almost a week before the programme and then work with all the characters. I had to do a research on what should be put on to the mouth of Sharada and then do the same thing for Sethu.

I came out of the auditorium only late morning yesterday. I am like the father of the bride. It is he who enters the marriage hall first and invariably the last to leave after settling the accounts of all the parties.

But like the girl's father I am happy and proud even after the tiring efforts. For my girl is now in safe hands; the hands of graceful and gracious ILites like you. As I come out of the Mandapam with prespiration and palpitation, I see you people there telling me that the girl looked beautiful and the wedding was grand; the food was good; we all enjoyed it, I become thoroughly refreshed again.

Thanks Vandhana for the fb.

Now you will have to let me go. For Madhavan and Priya are waiting in their house for me. I need to live with them for one more week before coming back to Sharada, Sethu and Nalini.

Be careful in picchifying your hair. If you lose your hair on account of my story then I am answerable to your DH. Who knows he may sue me for damages.. ha ha ha.

regards,

5. varalotti

Dear Chithra,
    Sorry for the delay in answering this fb of yours. I had to finish the first round of serving payasam to all, before I take the second round. And you have given the pillayar suzhi for the second round.

அதைக் கண்டவர்களால் சரியாகச் சொல்ல முடியவில்லை. அதனால் தான் இப்போது கண்ட கண்டவர்களும் (அதாவது என்னைப் போன்ற அரை வேக்காட்டு ஆசாமிகள்) வாய்க்கு வந்ததைச் சொல்லிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்.

I have kind of built in some jet lag in to the system. Though this is supposed to be a weekly serial, there is actually a gap of 14 days within the same timeline. So if you can divide yourself into two parts one part for A and the other for B, you can avoid jetlag by making one part sleep at a time.

How easy and simple is this suggestion.. ha ha ha

Love,

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

Balki kept me at the edge of my seat. As I belong to the Corporate World, I can identify Sethu, Balki and Mythraeyi too (not to miss Madhavan), There would be many out there who would agree with me. Regarding Balki all I can say is "Sea water will always remain salty". Poor Sharada!!!!

A person who has never got love or has never shared his love is not worth moving in the society. He hates the echo of laughter, he loathes to see anyone successful than him, he detest the thought of happiness.

This episode reminds me of the famous hindi song:

Yeh Zindagi Hain Ek Jua, Yahan Jeeth Bee Aur Haar Bhee ( Sharada)
    Kabhi Dushmanon Ke Beech Mein, Mil Jayenge Tumhe Yaar Bhi ( Nalini / Sethu)
    Thu Kehlta Ja, Khelta Ja, Baaziyon Pe Baaziyaan (Balki / Maithraeyi)

Sethu!! Sethu!! Sethu!!! is a lava of love... When is the Volcano of love erupting!!!!!

:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff Too Good Sri...

7. UshaV

UshaV New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

I should first thank you for kindling my interests in reading stories. I have all along been an ardent reader of non fictions for its range of topics. Stories for me,except a few, were like mega serials pouring out some plots and later giving solutions with dramatic twists and turns which everyone will be able to predict.

But after reading your HE episodes, i understood that stories are like songs with good lyrics which are etched in the memory for long and which you really feel proud just knowing and remembering it.

The philosophical insights into life and living and the characterisation are admirable.

Pls accept my "heartfelt appreciation" and looking forward to all your writings.

Usha

8. varalotti

Thanks Aruna for those words. I am happy to know that you are an accountant's daughter. Convey my pranams to your father.

Let me make one point clear, Aruna. Among the interests a person can have, nothing is superior or inferior to others. Writing is not in any way superior to newspaper reading nor is making soup inferior to writing poetry. It is not the activity or the recognition for the activity that counts. It is the intensity of passion that counts. So long as you do what you intensely love to do, you are fine.

One of my professional colleagues here in Madurai does karakattam in his pastime. That is his passion. Whenever we CAs gather, we make him dance. He is a good performer. He has travelled around the world for his karakam performance.

I am looking for the answers and hope to get them on time.

regards,

9. varalotti

My dear Indhu,
    It's not my fault dear. I am giving my life to this work to get out those words from you. I am happy you found that this episode also deserves such words of praise.

<st1:city><st1:place>

Thanks Indhu. Thanks for taking the hat off to me as well. A wife lifting her hat in honour of her husband is something rare and I am touched and moved. Now you have loaded me with greater responsibility to keep up the standard of writing of this serial.

</st1:place></st1:city>
    Well, Madam, now that you have talked about my abilities of dancing (or the lack of it) I am reminded of what happened some 11 years back when we two were forced to dance in RYLA in Kodaikkanal. I was the Pilot Faculty of the Leadership Development Programme and we were virtually compelled by the students to dance on the last day. I vividly remember what a girl dancing near me commented.
    "Sir, Madam, we want you to dance. Not to cast the net to catch fish."
    I have never danced after that.
    Now after hearing these comments from you, I have decided to learn to dance especially from a beautiful woman dance teacher. Howzzat....

love,

10. varalotti