1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 5

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I thought I should write a reply, since I was not sure if you are miffed by my first reply. The 'Subbudu' analogy was a barb, right? But I am grateful that you compared me to Subbudu mama. One Subbudu did more for the purity of Carnatic music than many vocalists together. As they say, there are no statues of critics, just those of writers.But if there were no critics, there would be no statues of writers.

I am glad that parts of my first reply gladdened your heart.

We seem to have a slight gap in defining 'openness' and 'clarity' here. What we probably see in Bangalore is an openness but a confused openness. What we saw in Madhavan and especially Priya was more of clarity, clarified openness. In Madurai, probably the openness and clarity are yet to sink in, since traditional values still rule there.

Well, good for us that there are places beyond Bangalore and Madurai where a healthy attitude to human relations is seeping in. As opposed to mere intimacy or infatuations.

Kinda cute to read in almost every episode that you fear infraction. We all know that aint going to happen, don't we?

The statement that the story is proceeding on very predictable lines seems to have hit a raw nerve. And I believe you when you say that even you have no idea where and how it is going. But what I meant is, when we read the episodes so far, they do bring a whiff of pink and perfume back, of Mills and Boon, Harlequin--. I am sure the racy turns will follow and we will be gripping our hair soon.

All said and done, am looking forward for the episodes to follow. Even Subbudu had favourites whom he never faulted-MS, Mani Krishnaswamy. If you wish, I could extend that treatment to you too as far as HE is concerned.

regards
    Vidya

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,

Thanks for the detailed replies. Let me share with you a conversation I had with Indhusri after I read her response.
    I asked her what prompted her to make a statement like this,
    She then said that one sentence I wrote said it all and quoted this sentence.
    I told her that none of the respondents so far have commented on that one sentence, either because they did not see it or because they did not think it worth commenting on or because they felt rather too shy to comment on that. She said that every one would have noticed that sentence. And as if to make her words true, in comes your post quoting the exact sentence we were talking about.

Thanks for the nice comments on the 'destiny' paragraph. On the wheel of life paragraph. Thanks for your time. And for your response.

regards,

3. varalotti

Hello Aruna,

Thanks. I have not read any of the M&B books so far. About ten years back I saw one whole library in Chennai consisting only of M&B. Almost all the college girls used to be there.

Another ILite has written that HE is quite predictable and goes like M&B. And now you say that HE is no less than an M&B novel.

I shall take it as a compliment, Aruna. And thanks for that.

Next episode is just 130 hours away.
    regards,

4. varalotti

Hi Mals,

Thanks. What happened in Amsterdam is not just a physical union, but an emotional union too. If they had not discussed such emotional topics like death of Priya's husband or Madhavan's Swamiji, probably, nothing much would have happened.

As the emotional bonding preceded the physical bonding their relationship is supposed to last. But as of now I can't give any commitment. No person remains the same for ever. Madhavan looks good today, bu t tomorrow.....
    Oh I have started revealing the story......

A cute expression. I loved it.

Love,

5. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    Brilliant.
    The defence rests.
    No, that's not the expression.
    I am defenceless, Your Honour.

Thanks,

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    The happenings in the hotel room are usual, but I think you have more unusual happenings based on that for us in the coming episodes. I also liked the attitude of Priya about the happenings of the night, it shows that she is truly honest.
    I am seeing the cruel hand of destiny playing havoc in few people's lives, they are very close friends who have taken great blows in the end of their lives and are coping very bravely. People who have seen much 'downs' intheir life would not be much affected by both up and down, but it is vey difficult ofr those who have never seen any harship in life to get such blows. But we cannot help, ezhuthi chelllum vidhiyin kaikal maarumo?
    Now we have to wait with bated breath to know what is going to befall on the contented and happy couple and make their life upside down.

And one thing more, as soon as we log in, most of us rush to read the new episode. In our hurry to read on, we just rush thro the words in the first reading. Then we sent you an FB and then only we read the episode again in a slower pace. May be that was the reason that we forget to mention the wonderful lines which you have written.

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    You are welcome, Sir, to my sub-forum to learn all abut nithya & mithya.
    Don't blame me if you decide to run a mile away after reading the same.
    Sir, when a worse buddhu can explain it, you can understand it all in a split second. All said & done, I have read your upanishad quotations in various threadsin IL.
    I will not accept your humility in underestimating yourself, knowing the stuff, you are made of.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hear hear Chithra....well said! No false humility sir, wont be appreciated here:)
    I am really bad with abbreviations, but I use a handful and NP is one of them!
    NP= No Problem !!!!

L, Kamla

9. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I really admire the way you have correclty drafted the lines on the emotions that bundle up and the psychology of the human mind in such a circumstance!!

And like many IL'ites have already mentioned,this does not require an 'A' certification:)

One thing that I would like to mention is the situation where Priya and Madhavan got locked into each others arms could have been brough out without having the consoling phase!! I mean, like Priya sobbing on thinking abt her past and Madhavan consoling her and then the romance starts! Instead,since Priya is shown as a bold lady,the situation for their romance cld have been brought out in someother way!!

I am just giving my views here!!!:)

And the phrases by Swamiji on th wheel of life...This is going to be in my memory like the class room compariosn in SHE. Thanks for these thoughtful lines Sridhar!!

And eagerly waiting for the next emotional outburst!!!

Love,
    Jaya

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

I read all the 3 episodes (the last 3) just now.

The coming together of the dusky damsel and the handsome hero was tooo goood.
    Priya - seem to be a perfect blend; the dusky part makes her even sensual.
    Madhavan - he commands respect and admiration for his self-made image.
    His handsome-ness makes him even irresistible.

The first sight, coming together, dating at the Park (my favorite place), Fisherman’s cove (fantastic) and the honey moon at Venice – nothing can be as perfect as this courtship.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE, SRIDHAR…
    While reading their first meeting E3 – I had this song playing in my house –

You're just too good to be true.
    Can't take my eyes off of you.
    You'd be like heaven to touch.
    I wanna hold you so much.
    At long last love has arrived.
    And I thank God I'm alive.
    Can't take my eyes off of you

Pardon the way that I stare.
    There's nothing else to compare.
    The sight of you leaves me weak.
    There are no words left to speak.
    But if you feel like I feel.
    Please let me know that it's real.
    Can't take my eyes off of you.

AND while reading the coming together / honeymoon part of your story, I had this one –

Tonight I celebrate my love for you
    It seems the natural thing to do
    Tonight no one's gonna find us
    We'll leave the world behind us
    When I make love to you

And that midnight sun is gonna come shining through
    Tonight there'll be no distance between us
    What I want most to do, is to get close to you
    Tonight

And soon this old world will seem brand new
    Tonight we will both discover how friends turn into lovers
    When I make love to you

These songs make me very emotional every time I listen and reading your romantic story along was a beautiful feeling altogether.

When all is picture perfect, you thought it’s the ideal time to wake up the cruel destiny for some action ??? . why do you bring in this cruel destiny now, Sridhar???? Can’t we just relax for just one more episode??????

Maybe another romantic journey to some exotic locale….. pls don’t tie them to the room there’s so much they can do outside.

Anyway, I’m sure our perfect couple can handle this monstrous Destiny.

Regards,