1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 5

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 8, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

Thanks for the prompt fb post. And thanks again for talking on behalf of Madurai.

I remember what happened 27 years ago. I got the third rank in CA Inter and the rank list was published in our CA Magazine. CA ranks rarely come to Madurai, so in my address they had printed the name of the town as Madras (It was not Chennai at that time)

Many CAs in Madurai took a strong objection to the printing error and some even decided to call our Delhi office to issue a corrigendum. In those days trunk calls cost you a fortune, but these people did not mind that.
    I was moved by their affection and was quite amused by their actions.

Your love for Madurai stirred up my malarum ninaivukal of 1980.

And the beautiful conversation between the two most beautiful women of IL should happening in my forum! A great blessing. I now think HE 5 should be really special to get such a blessing. The inter-change of posts between you and Kamla, speaks about your love and friendship. May it be so for all time to come.

The tempo has to build up. And the story has to move on. Otherwise I wont be doing justice to the trailer and to the hype I created for this serial.

Destiny has to wait for two weeks, while we will be seeing what happened to SB's dance programme.

I am happy that you liked my description of Destiny.

Thanks once again,

Love,

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: Part 6!

Superb! The last few lines of the 6th part !

Destiny is a strange creature. When a life is not perfect it stays on the sidelines and watch people struggling to make it perfect.

If the slate of life is already crowded with confusing writings Destiny stands away and watches with amusement.

Once people have perfected their lives, have cleaned up their slates, Destiny steps in to write some rubbish on the slate and at times, to even break the slate into pieces.

Now seeing that Madhavan and Priya had created a clean slate of their lives, , Destiny stood up from its place, yawned and stretched its limbs. It’s eyes shone with wickedness, as it always happened when it was looking for some piece of action.

While all the rest of the story were a beautiful narration of happenings in two people's lives, the closing lines brought out the real writer in you!
    No more am I able to say other than pondering over those words that are but a naked truth!

3. Malathijagan

Dear Sridhar,
    Even this one quoted by Vandana is worth mentioning, but then after having read the full episode in one go , what I read last remained in my memory. Otherwise I would have to stop at each and every part to applaud you and post an fb!

4. Malathijagan

Oh dear Chithra,
    You never shy away from showing your naughty (youthful ) side whenever you get an opportunity! I mean the 'Ayyo pathikichu,pathikichu, ayyayyo pathikichu , pathikichu!'

5. Malathijagan

Indhusri,
    U ‘ve described their romance likably & carefully ( ! ! ) – never crossing the limits !
    When I read this line in your fb, I recollected one sentence of Sridhar-

The distance between them came down to zero and then even less.
    Very true indeed! For great writers, it is not what they say but how they say that makes the great difference.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti
    Wow this episode is great which took me to my teens where I use to read lot of Mills and Boons books. This 'He' is nothing less then that. I just enjoyed reading it. I was so crazy that I use to keep these books in between my study books and read them. Only hoping mom will not catch me reading them. But this episode took be back, eager to complete the book, but :iagree, I know have to wait again for saturday.
    Thanks for writing such lovly episode for the ladies.
    I have no words to write it was just fantasic one.

7. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

Thanks for those words. To recognise our powerlessness before destiny is in itself a source of power to manage it.

If there are no further problems in Madhavan-Priya's life, then HE 5 should be the last episode in Timeline A. Again a life without grief is always shallow. People who have never suffered grief can never enjoy happiness.

That's why Khalil Gibran said, the more sorrow carves in to your heart, the more happiness you can hold. And he went one step ahead and in a moment of supreme realisation remarked, your sorrow is your joy unmasked.

My views on women and man-women relationship had not changed over time. I described this man and woman in the same room scene in 2002 in my story The Opportunity published in The Alive magazine. But as I mature in years, and as I see people all over the world, as I read about man-woman relationships in books, I am even more convinced that the feelings of woman should at least be acknowledged if not respected, should at least be understood if not accepted. And the conviction I have must have given power to my words.

That's true. But at times I get more involved with a story and find it difficult to switch timelines. But I guess I have to do it sooner or later, if the next episode is to come on 15th Morning.

Thanks for the response, Sudha.
    regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Chithra and Kamla,

What is NP?
    What is nithya and mithya?

The encryption technique you use is stronger than the industry standard RSA?

Do you guys have any forum where the meanings of these words are readily available?

Do you think a buddhu like me can learn these things?

haha ha

Love,

9. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    Reading your post I had the same thrill that a musician (carnatic) would have if Subbudu chose to appreciate his performance. After a strong review of HE 3 and after leading me to presume that HE 4 is not worth your review, now I am really ecstatic to read,

I am not very sure of the psychological clarity especially in a place like Madurai. Here if a girl is seen wearing a jean and a shirt, well, the elders (the Madurai word for elders is "பெரிசுங்க" ) will say, "not suitable for the family." In Bangalore the psychological clarity is there; in fact the worry now is that we have too much of clarity over there, that it has become very difficult to have even a trace of the so called values in marriage. After writing some 300 pages of strong Osho material I now feel that even he was not for the kind of promiscuity that is prevalent in Bangalore call centres. An American if he knows about the lives of our teenagers in call
    centres will blush to his roots.

So while I want more freedom and more understanding and while I am not surely with the Madurai "பெரிசுங்க", I am against the pendulum swinging too much to the other side.

I too wanted some fireworks. But I am mortally afraid of our wonderful moderators. Better not to have any fireworks, than have some and incur the wrath (read infractions) of our beautiful ladies.

To be honest Vidya, even I am not able to predict on what lines the story is taking me along. I have a broad outline, no doubt. But within that pre-defined permiter, the story is racing here and there. So let's see if any "womb tremblers" are coming up in the future episodes.

regards,

10. varalotti

Dear Indhu,
    It's always Him, the Almighty, who acts through the hands of the author. The way you started getting concerned over Madhavan and Priya, I thought you might even make a request in the Let's Pray thread for their welfare.

!
    While its true that whatever you do to His devotees, you only do to him, the central point of the Swamiji's words is that love does not flow in the reverse direction. That is to say a mother's love towards her child is not the same as the child's love towards her. The first is a spontaneous love that is essential for race preservation. But if the mother expects the same unconditional love from her children, well, then, she is mistaken. She is stifling the growth of the child. The child will show the same love to her child. And so on.
    The child's love towards her mother will be one of deep respect and gratitude. Many a mother-child relationship is distorted today as this distinction is not understood. You might be wondering, 'How come, my husband is talking so intelligently, and that too all of a sudden?'

Well, Madam, these are not my words, but Osho's. I picked up from the book I was translating till last week. I am happy you liked those words.

Thanks. And please look at Malathi Jagan's post in the forum. She has pointed out the exact words which prompted you to make this comment.

Thanks. I badly need them.
    Love,