1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 4

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 1, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    I have to thank you not only for your nice words, but for something else too. I took an idea from your post, when you wrote about the lukewarm response for classic dance, and a great applause for Bollywood songs, in Frankfurt, during this Deepavali.

Hence I chose Enjoying Classical Dance as the theme of the seminar and made Sharada spoke the words which I had in my heart.

Yes, you need to wait for 2 weeks to know more about the new villain and the development of the story in Timeline B.
    But I am afraid you may have to wait a little longer the "bedroom" episode, though I am trying my best to bring the next episode on time.

regards,

2. varalotti

Dear Padma,

Thanks. As I have been telling all along, the story is just an excuse to tell what I have to tell to all of you. The story is the frame and the message is the picture. At times the frame is more beautiful than the picture. At times it is the other way round.

The world is abound with Mythilis. Please see my earlier reply to Kamla to know how I chose this name for this character. When Mythilis taunt you, you should ignore them.But when they attack you you need to put your foot down, preferably on them and finish the deal.

I took Chitra Visweshwaran's beautiful face and Padma Subramanyan's erudition for my Sharada. These are some small "writer's licences", which of course is not large enough as the poetical licence.

I do like Padmini. I have seen Thillana Mohanambal several times. But she is too cinematic to be a pure classical dancer.

Thanks.
    This message is 5000 years old. I just gave a new package and a new context for that.

About Balakrishnan, we will have to wait for a fortnight. I am now more concerned with Madhavan and Priya, closeted in a hotel room in Amsterdam.

Thanks for the post.
    regards,

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti
    I was a bit busy that day I read the episode and scribbled just a few wards and had to go off, as it was important for me to catch up with the story as I was eagerly waiting for it. But later realised that it is equally important for you to get the feedback for the episode. I did not make much justice on it. But after reading your reply:hatsoff
    You ended the episode so well, Sharada calling Sethu, and giving him respect, which he really deserves. Yes 4 days left but this weekend too have guests but this time will not make an hurry in replying will read it and might reply it later.

4. varalotti

Dear Rajameenakshi,

This fire is not like the kitchen fire. It can wait for an eternity for you. And thanks for the kind words.

Mythilis are a common sights these days. Mythiliism as a psychological phenomenon is worth studying. I am just fresh from my Osho translation. I can say that sexual frustration could be one reason why Mythilis behave like that.

Cheeniya is right. Even I don't believe in the theory of "uncontrollable anger."
    Suppose the MD of a company shouts at his employee, and suppose the employee is very angry because of that. He does not show it to his MD. He just lets out the most ugliest smile a human face could ever produce.

Then he comes come and at the slightest provocation (and many times even without it) pounces upon his wife and abuses her.

If a person can hold on to his anger till he gets of the MDs room, goes to his own home and can wait for an opportunity to jump at his wife, well, anger is surely controllable. And eminenty divertable.

I am slightly lagging behind in all my work. I have not yet started writing HE 5.
    Will I be able to deliver it to you by this Saturday? Even for an answer to this question you will have to wait for 96 hours.

Thanks once again Rajameenakshi.
    regards,

5. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    Thanks.

It is really sad that women use their sexual prowess to exploit men. Men are quite vulnerable in this area.

The Manager of a local bank branch told me about this incident. A lady staff was reading magazines during banking hours and customers were shouting at her. The Manager called her to his room and admonished her.

She started crying and complained to the Union guys of sexual harassment. Well, the Manager said, if you just look at that woman once.. even the most perverted man would not like to have anything to do with her.

Your Dad has been doing a very valuable service. Cramps immobilise people and though they would go away after a few days, to provide immediate relief is a humane service.

I am really proud that I made a daughter think of her father.

About Balakrishnan.. ....well, we'll have to wait for two weeks - not exactly - just ten days.

thanks once again,

6. varalotti

Dear Sujatha,
    Thanks. I am happy you liked the episode.

The beautiful relationship between a man and a woman has become so perverted that a person like Mythili does not hesitate to use it as a trap. Unless men are aware, they will be caught in the net.

Sethu has escaped the trap of vengeance set by Mythili. But will he escape trap of .. set... what is this, I am now giving away the story... Better, let's wait for the story to unfold at its own pace.

We will also learn about the new character, Balakrishnan, in the next episode in this timeline.

Sujatha, I take this as a compliment. And thanks for that. I write somewhere between 2500 and 3000 words for an episode.If you watch TV serials you can find that my average episode is more than 2 times the average length of a serial. And man, I don't have commercials in-between... ha ha ha Just kidding.

Thanks once again for the kind words,

regards,

7. varalotti

Dear Gayathri,

I have been missing you in HE for some time. Nice that you have chosen to join us on board HE.

Unlike a professional writer I don't research for my story. I just report incidents which have impressed me, which have stayed in me for a long time. I had been to Le Meridian. I had been to their large multi-cuisine restaurant. Once we conducted an interview for our new hires there.

About diamonds in Kumbakonam, let's see if there's an opportunity to get that.

Thanks once again, gayathri.

regards,

8. varalotti

Never mind, Aruna. I enjoyed your "scribbed off" reply. In fact that way it is always good. When you are in hurry and had to scribble off something, you write only what is there in your heart. You will not decorate the words and try to hide your feelings.
    I enjoyed your reply.
    I am happy with your FB, whether pre-meditated or just scribbled off.

Looking forward to see you in HE 5
    regards.

9. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Sorry for my delayed fb . He 4 –of all –is an extremely touching episode . Nalini , Sharadha & Sethu brought tears in my eyes through the kindness they showed to each other . Eventhough they score equal marks , Nalini’s level is one step high & she stands first :” if you insist that only an apology can make you dance, I will apologise, Madam. I will apologise for the grave error of deputing an expert like Sethu to do small chores for you. I am ready to fall at your feet and apologise.” . ( uyarndha ullam! )

” Madam, you believe that there is only one God. We believe that there is only God. The tall mountains, the vast sea, the green fields, the butterfly, the birds, the animals, even the earthworm, the filth, good, evil, beauty, ugliness, you, me, the men and women – everything is nothing but God.” . SB’s words are highly acceptable ! So ..varalotti ,,,hereafter ( or always ?! ) u ‘ll see God in every living & non-living thing that exists in this vast world ( hope that includes me too ! ! ! ) ,right ?
    I liked <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> narration of Sethu’s treatment to Sb ! Sb should be really lucky ! I fear all madhavan fans are likely to run for Sethu after reading this episode !
    With love & best wishes ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  10. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

I was missing your feedback till now. When I did not see it coming even after 4 days, I thought the episode was not up to the mark and it did not merit a reply from my DW.

(Somebody said in another forum that DW is not much in use as an expression; at least not as much as DH)

So your fb gave me an immense sense of relief.

(Chithra, please note the words. I am using ordinary, mundane words. Please don't think that there is an under or an upper curent of love or romance or whatsoever)

I am happy that you like Nalini's approach to the problem and her "uyarndha ullam"

Well, Madam Indhu, if you're a God, so am I. So is our maid. And so is the man on the street. Got the point?

When it comes to fans, the competition is between Sethu and Madhavan. Or between Nalini and Sharada and Priya.
    Varalotti does not figure in the list at all. Right? Poor me!shakehead

Love,