1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 4

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 1, 2007.

1. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

hi V,

Enjoyable episode. More of descriptions and buildups as compared to the moving story. Of course, thats the speciality of the episode, you never let any details slip out of hand! Its amazing and enthralling to note how subtle expressions are captured by you, thus making the whole theme seem real. Sharda's unbound happiness when Sethu clapped his hands, the hidden romance between them etc are beautifully brought out. Apart from a creative writer, I would add on and say that you are also a dreamer. The whole episode flows like a sweet , calm dream! Very nice!

Regards,
    Purni

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sridhar,

What to say. everything has already been told.

An insight into the personalities of other characters of the story. a small hit with anybody can read an m&B, not Gone with the wind...???

A little into philosophy....

A little interleaving romance....way to go........waiting for the next episode....

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    I was looking for your experiences in US which sowed the seeds of the story! Indeed human beings do happily relate to each other even if they are from a different culture and religion.I always felt that it is the polititians who create trouble between common people. My daughter often tells me that Americans are very warm and more friendly than Indians in US . This observation of hers crossed my mind when I read Sarada's interaction with the foreigners.Yes, of course, our natural way of treatment is more ancient amd less detrimental than allopathy. I enjoyed this episode very much. You are soaring high in your expressions and language. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword.
    Regards,
    meenu

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

You have penned the character of Mythili so beautifully, a woman in anger with an ego and false pride, dying to keep her head high after the embarrassing debacle where Sharada fixes in a corner. I like the way she was desperately searching ways out to knock down Sethu. The animal in human reaches great height of ferocity when its ego is hurt. Very few can take it with a "Chill Pill".

Sharada's character is also carved with lots of panache. Her eyes are set on Sethu and his stern looks forever - will there be a volcano!!! Waiting for the lava to emerge...

Nalini has proved to be the classic example of an Entrepreneur who would never like to lose his / her employee worth million dollars. The way she handled the whole episode was mind blowing.

Needless to say the description of the set up in a five star hotel which was too perfect...

Eager to read about Madhavan.. Cant wait for the next episode... Can you give some hints !!!
    Bye...

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello
    This was a beautiful episode. This is how the managers should be who stands by the side of they workers. that was a wonderful write up. I always admired Nalini's role from the beginning, in this episode you have really put her up very beautifully.
    All the parts were good and explained them very beautifully as if the whole scene happening in front of you. Getting good books and the natural theraphy into this episode.............
    This episode in general was a bit touchy.
    Wonderful curdling this child too, but read that the next one will be a bit late sad about that, no worries will wait for the next one.

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Liked the way Nalini handled everything and felt sorry when Sharada had a fall.....thats the worst thing for a performer , that too on the day of the performance. Was i glad that Sethu could rectify it so soon. And good that Sharada thanked Sethu in public....it shows that she practises what she preaches.....a good soul!
    We have to wait to see what will ensue with the entrance of the new vilian...have to wait for 2 weeks now!
    Now awaiting for the suspense in THE BEDROOM!

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vandhana,

Thanks a lot for the standing ovation. I am happy that you liked all the concepts I brought in this episode. Thanks again.

When you wrote that the last episode was not "as racy as the earlier ones" I went back to my desk with some determination.

And I changed my method of conceiving an episode.

Instead of writing it from the notes I have prepared, I started first writing the screenplay. I divided the episode into a number of scenes and then started visualising each scene. Finally I put in the dialogues.

This is how TV serials are written. Once some 7 years back I was invited to write for a TV serial. Seeing that it was always a team effort, I backed out. I can work only at my pace and all alone. I cannot collaborate in writing.

But a long talk with the person who invited me, who was himself a screenplay writer, gave me some idea as to what was going on.

I used that technique and I am happy to see it worked.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  8. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

Thanks for the applause. Your applause means a lot to me and will be the fuel for the coming episodes. Thanks once again.

Mythili character was a last minute thought and has an interesting history. When my daughter was in Class 7 she had a physics teacher by that name. She was a real sour-puss. My daughter's health was affected by the way she handled her classes. I had to interfere in a big way. I made a short story out of that saga under the title Monday Morning Blues. It was published in The Alive and is here in my forum.

I still had some unpsent anger against that character. So I brought her in as Sharada's assistant. Now I understand that my daughter's teacher had a role to play in my life.

I have not tricked you, Madam. On the other hand I have taken upon myself the task of writing two stories in one serial and also the unenviable task of knitting them together in the end (hopefully). So the apt expression is not,
    A clever writer indeed! :cheers

but
    poor sridhar shakehead

Thanks once again for the resonse.

Love,

9. varalotti

Dear Jaya,

I am very happy that you liked my description of Mythili. I have moulded her character on the lines of my daughter's school teacher. Please see my reply to Kamla in this regard. If you want to read my experiences with th real Mythili, let me know. I will give you the links.

One of my friends used to say that you should never corner evil people. Because they are sure to pounce on you and hurt you. I have been using it as my policy for the past two decades. In 1986 when we were auditing a small company in Pune we found out by sheer accident that the accountant himself was swindling money. The time was around 8 in the night. There were two of us Auditors and the culprit, the Accountant. My colleague wanted me to confront him with the findings.

I told him that it would put him on his guard and second he is likely to turn violent. So let's leave the place now and plan our attack tomorrow, I said.

The next day we lured the accountant into a serious discussion and when the discussion was on, I escaped with the Manager to the vendors place to check against the accountant's statements. We confirmed the fraud and with the help of two lawyers and a Police officer we confronted him that evening and got what we wanted.

But when the cornered belongs to the feminine specie, one should be extra careful. I have know several cases where a wicked woman employee has used sexual harasament complaint to have her way in the office. When I am with a femal colleague I keep my doors and windows open, so that there is no complaint later.

That sure is a powerful weapon in the armoury of women. And one has to be very careful.

I am happy Jaya, that you like the story. (Or should I say stories, because there are two serials going on side by side)

Next episode is hardly 140 hours away.

Love,

10. varalotti

Dear Chithra,
    Thanks a ton for your words. Though they say that writing, like dancing, is its own reward, we writers do thrive on such nice words, especially when they come from a discerning reader like you. So thanks once again.

The human mind has a peculiar mechanism. When I sit down to write, many times, I had to struggle for words. But when I visualise a scene and try to live the lives of my characters, I see everything happening before my very eyes. It is then that I get de-promoted to the post of a mere scribe. But I faithfully write down what my characters speak in that visualised scene.

Believe me, Chithra, I conceived this episode only as successive scenes. My first draft contained scene-wise description. Actually I am writing the screenplay for the movie HE.

The quote about only one God and only God actually came from the famous dancer Dr Padma Subramanian. But expanding the statement and bringing in the the opening statement of Eesavaasya Upanishad was my idea.

Happy to know about Sports Physiotherapy. Such medical methods are least invasive as they do not tamper with any of our internal systems.

About the villi character I have already explained her in my reply to Kamla.

A big thanks for visiting this thread; A bigger thanks for those kind words.

Love,