1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 3

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Sorry for taking a portion fo your reply to Sudha....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2007
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Am replying to He 3, keeping my reply to He 2 in abeyance. I am still fixated on Timeline A though I like the proceedings in Timeline B far better.

All has been said and done by our gracious members and yourself, so let me just add my two cents.

Madhavan's speech was impressive. Yes, the big, bad ad world could do with some moral lessons.

I find Priya a bit pushy in telling Madahavan to take her out for dinner. I suppose modern day girls are like that. Still, when will a woman be emancipated and mentally liberated to ask a man out for dinner and then pick up the tabs?

Rishi- poor guy. Very conveniently dispensible. Well, when the World Bank beckons, we all rush.

The stress interview made my head reel. But how could you portray Madhavan as so overbearing and presumptuous? How could he assume that Priya would want/like a job in an/his ad agency? How can he just brusquely summon her for an interview and then appoint her? Surely, a woman's will matters for something. Varalotti, you are a bit smitten by male superiority here. How can a woman as smart and sassy like Priya allow a man to make decisions for her?? Again, am I out of times or am I just lacking a romantic heart?

Amsterdam is one romantic city. I am willing to sink all my reservations abt the accidental booking in one room, just to let the lonely souls get some happiness together.

Now to get to my good cop act. In all, it is a very smooth and succulent narrative. The plot develops gently, to an extent we know/guess what is going to happen. But we willingly allow ourselves to be led there by the writer. That is one of your major successes in this work. I can see that your expression has improved effortlessly since B&B. But equally glad to note, that the story teller in you remains the same - writer, sooth-sayer, human all rolled into one.

regards
    Vidya

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,
    I enjoyed the quote as much as you did. I am not a prude. If a man and woman want to indulge in consensual sex, it's their affair. I will be the last person to interfere on ground of morality.

But to demand sexual favours for career gains or business advantage, well to me it is worse than a rape. What I have been having against these rapists, just burst out in this episode. Thats all.

Please read my response to Vandhana on the same issue.

For this, Varloo, please read my response to Sujathae.

Thanks for joining us, Varloo.

regards,

5. varalotti

I enjoyed the banter, Veda Vyasan!

Dear Veda Vyasa,

I enjoyed all your responses. I loved the humorous banter and your talking about the universal truth.

When we build a house and build some steps at the entrance, we naively think that it is only our house that has those steps. vasappadi.

It takes some time for us to realise that veetukku veedu vaasapadi.

Just hope, wish and pray that Shan and Indhu do not read this exchange between us.

Thanks once again,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    Your two cents are worth two millions. And you have given a tough homework for me. Believe me answering the posts is more difficult than writing the story. But I love it. Now let's go for a blow by blow reply.

Blow 1
    It was not a blow; but a pat. Thanks.

Blow 2
    A real blow. Being a MCP I am it did not strike me that Priya should offer to pick up the tabs. But I am open to women picking up the tabs. I used to meet a woman friend of mine (dont read it as girl friend) for breakfast in a hotel in Chennai. The first time I picked up the tab. But the second time she put her foot down and told me that unless she pays, she wont come for the next meeting. Well, women in real life are more emancipated.

Blow 3

Rishi is part of the ambience. He was there to help me portray Madhavan accurately. When Priya came in some one had to give her the way. And Rishi came handy. That's all.

Blow 4

That was a real blow and I am defenceless. Let me however make a meek attempt. I have seen women being equally overbearing and equally presumptuous. In this instance it so happened that Madhavan was like that. Now they have met several times. Madhavan knows about Priya's salary and position. And he is offering her three times her current salary. And remember Priya is being offered a post held by an IIT-IIM guy, who has been lured by World Bank. While giving a career break to Priya, why don't you let my man to be a little overbearing? a little chauvinistic? Of course it doesn't hurt much, does it?
    Well my wife and my daughter constantly tell me that I am bittem by male superiority. I still do not know whether it is true.

Blow 5
    Thanks. I was afraid that you may come against this hackneyed scene of the man and woman staying in the same room. So in reality it is not a real blow; but just the blowing of a soft breeze. Thanks again.

Breeze 6
    All the blows were worth bearing because of these remarks. As I told earlier in this forum, the greatest compliment a writer can hope to get is that he has improved over time. A really big thanks. Words like these inspire me. And they could not have come at a better time, for I am struggling with the 4th episode.

regards,

7. varalotti

Most Gracious Ladies,

Time again to announce the birth of another child. Yes the fourth child is born and by the Grace of God and your good wishes, she is healthy.

Normally a child would weigh around 3 Kgs. This one weighs about 5Kgs. I can talk about the weight and about the fact that the mother and child are doing fine. I can't however talk about how good the child is. That is for you to tell.

When I said that the weight is more than the normal, I know, you will understand that this episode is going to be a little longer than usual.

I apprehend some delays in posting the fifth episode as I am being overwhelmed by a number of other projects. I am now slicing my time into 15 minute-pieces and attending only to the most important work. Writing HE for you of course is one of the most important work for me. But next week, the episode due on 8th is likely to be delayed by a day or two.

The extra-length in Episode 4 may be a small compensation. Or would it add to the punishment?
    Only you can tell on Saturday Morning,
    So long,
    love,

8. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

HI V!!

This episode was very fast paced. When the episode came to an end, I thought "Oh! so soon?" , then i realised that i read it with such concentration and interest, that I didnt even realise when it ended. It was like putting a sudden brake in the car! I still feel I am standing somewhere very close to Priya and Madhavan, watching every move of theirs! Very nice V, very few writers have the capacity to pull the readers into their world and you do it brilliantly! Hats off!

Regards,
    Purni

9. varalotti

Thanks Purni for your nice words. I am grateful you read it with that kind of concentration.

To be honest when I wrote the episode I felt the same degree of excitement. I did not want to end the episode there at that point. But I had already reached my limit of 2500 words. So I had to force myself to stop.

But even I could not stop myself while writing HE 4. So I let it go to 3500 words. Let's see what others think about that.
    Thanks for the post, Purni.
    regards,

10. varalotti

Re: HE - Episode 4

Most Gracioius ILites,

In a few minutes from now I will be uploading HE 4.

Happiness is there not only in deliverig a child, (that's the greatest happiness and added to that it is the greatest relief) but also in conceiving it and carrying it for the stated period. (In my case it is almost a week)

For me it was sheer happiness carrying the child for you. Now I am happy and relieved. I have delivered the child to the tender, safe and graceful hands of the Gracious ILites.

The usual caveats apply. Please have your coffee first and give your DH his cuppa before starting to read the episode.

A happy reading and a happy week-end.

Love,