1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 3

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,

Veda had read the he2...infact it so happened that he thought that his fb would be the same as mine..so restricted....i assume he has not yet read he3..as he has been busy with some legal cases, month end, and seminars...he would have definitely replied for this episode i am sure about it...let us wait and see....

Regarding fabindia, yes it is on the upper side as it is promoted by the indian government and also helps lot of upcoming designers.....and cottage industries..indirectly i am helping lot of them..so don't mind about the little hike..

Westside, i don't buy in bulk.. by now you should know about my being frugal.bonk..veda has just taken to shouting it from roof tops in lot of threads....may be i have been lucky.......but there is a lot of room for improvement.....

2. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    HE 3 is like a high quality marble flooring , given 3 coats of polishing ! I enjoyed reading every line of it ! Smooth advancements in the relationship of Madhavan & Priya really makes me worry about them – touch wood they should remain so forever – please don’t give them any sort of trouble – let them enjoy life . If u want to give twists to the story , do it through some other characters (since u ‘ve introduced so many characters , u can choose one or many among them ) !
    Madhavan’s speech was damn good – especially what he told about the values of life . Shows he is a man of good qualities ! But Raghu ( Priya’s hubby ) scores higher marks in my opinion .
    “I am now living my life on my own terms. You know that was what Raghu wanted me to do. He insisted that there should not be any picture of his in the house I live. And that I should not spend any time thinking about him. ” His REAL concern for his wife – oh … a GREAT SOUL ! My close friend’s hubby was exactly having the same noble ideas . He passed away (due to cancer ) when my friend was just 29 . She didn’t remarry for the sake of her four children . Now she is 40 + . At this stage her eldest daughter said what her dear dad told her just a few days before he died : “ if ur mom wants to remarry after my death , please don’t stop her . I want her to be happy forever “ . My friend just burst out when she told me about his most caring words . I started thinking if she had told her mother earlier my friend might be leading a happy life by now – I really feel sorry for her .

Priya’s reply to the embarrassing question was clear cut & wonderful ! “Sorry sir, we are running an ad agency. Not a brothel. If you are going to give the deal to us for the only reason I slept with you, then, Sir, God save your company.

“And Sir, I am sure, you will apply the same principles to your wife too. When your customer wants to sleep with her for an order, you would happily let her do so. God save your family too. So long.” Hats off to her !
    Nice build up about the next episode ! Great job , Sridhar !
    Love ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Sorry, I couldnt post my FB immediately, as I was really tied up in some of the official tussles and I was in a very tight spot, doing the last minute damage controls and savings... So the last 4 days were hectic and full of tension... Atlast came out of it...

I like the character Sethu more than Madhavan... Please dont tell me my DW also said the same... as I saw her FB also... First thought should I have to say this or not... This character reminds me of my favourite lines in one song.."Dhukkam sila neram pongi varum bodhu, makkal manam pole paduven kanne... En sogam ennodu than...". Whenever I sing this song, Shan will come with a big karandi.... rest U know better....

I dont know that Nalini is a real time Character... Great... I love to meet people who takes their jobs very seriously and with love... Loving their job and doing it with whole heartedness... The day, you stop loving you job you should quit... This is my motto... But my DW sont agree... Lot of Mgt Philosophy says, you should not love your Job... Just do it... I dont know...

Like Vandhana said, I would have enjoyed better if Madhavan has not offered Priya the job... Working together and with lots of fights and love... I like it... I will be fully for that... Nobody else can vouch better for it than me & DW... But working as a Boss... It is something different... There you cannot afford to argue or fight... You have to follow instructions, whether you like it or not... Staying in the same room... mmmm... I couldnt feel differently as both seems to be matured and capable of holding themselves........

I liked the words of Priya's husband... You live your life... Not to be brooding over him... I used to tell my DW, if at all something happens to me... Got some real treatment... Leave it to your assumptions, as she also will be reading this...

Waiting for the next episode....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu,

When others say my work is good, I feel like passing the CA exam. But when you say so, I feel like getting a rank there.

I always tell that no man is a hero to his wife. But from reading your reviews I think I should change my statement.

While I can guarantee about my life and my character, I can't make any commitments on behalf of Madhavan or Priya. A story, especially the one like HE, is a carpet of complex design. To achieve symmetry and aesthetics, I may have to play with all the characters. So be forewarned. And dont identify yourself with any of the characters. This I am saying for your own good.

Yes, Raghu scores above Madhavan in the question of values. I am moved to tears reading about your friend's story. I am surprised that you haven't told me this so far. May be you reserved this for an occasion like this.

Will I be like Raghu? I would love to. But right now I cannot even bear to think of being away from you.

In today's corporate world women are being tossed here and there. Many have lost themselves in the fire of their career ambition. I wanted my character to be strong in that and hence that dialogue. Anyhow if sex is to be traded like a commodity, it is not just degradation of sex, not just degradation of women, but an utter degradation of humanity itself.

Thanks for the great words which have spurred me to write HE 4 right now.

Thanks once again,
    Love,
    sridhar

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh Sridhar,
    You are smartly "incorporating" an undercurrent love-story in your HE-3 FBs.!
    Not that the love-story is an undercurrent, I mean your expressing it subtly is the undercurrent. I thoroughly enjoy it, Sridhar !
    I refrain from quoting for obvious reasons !
    I hope Indhu got a suitable reward for your getting a rank in CA !:kiss
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I read the episode and then your interactions with Indu and lastly Chitra's fb too.....looks like there is a real life romantic story brewing again after what is it 22 years .....all afresh and ONCE AGAIN! wow! :whistle Hats off to indu for sharing her thoughts abt HE with all of us with her fbs! Really enjoying that too! And of course Madhavan and Priya did take a second place now! After all REAL is Better than REEL isn't it!

madhavan seems to be too GOOD to be true! He chose to be with Priya and not attend his 10 million worth contract meeting...well it happens in the initial stages of courtship, romancing etc...but once HE crosses that stage....ha ha .....where will Priya's place be in his life! I wonder! :roll:Dont we all see that in REAL life!
    Anyway, waiting for the Small step turning into a Big step!:hatsoff

7. varalotti

Dear Veda Vyasan,

It's all right, Veda Vyasan. (I want to repeat your name as many times as possible, as I believe that just telling the great sage's name is inspiring for me.) When I didn't see your response for a while I started missing you and even teased Shanthi about your absence. Of course your DW was there to protect you and argue for you.

I am sure you would have solved the work-related problems and woudl have accomplished substantial damage control. Good.

One way you are lucky, Veda Vyasan. Only when you sing Dhukkam sila neram... Shan comes with a karandi. My wife comes with a karandi whenever I sing, whatever may be the song. You know we husbands are always at the receiving end.

Nalini is not a real character. But CV is so much carried away by the story that she is planning to meet the fictional character in the real place. Oh, I should ask Chithra whether she saw her. I will do it when I reply to her.

Sethu is made of better stuff. His grief had given him enough depth which makes him attractive. I have known people who have not seen any suffering in life. They are very shallow. Sethu is not like that.

There is a good reason for Madhavan offering a job to Priya. You will know more about it when the story unfolds. Poor Madhavan, let him at least be a boss at the office. You know at our homes our better halves are the bosses.

Please read the reply I gave to Sujathae in this regard.

Regarding this please read my wife's reply (Indhusri) in this thread.

Thanks for coming here in spite of your really busy schedule (It's a cliche; but I am saying from my heart)
    Everytime you write here you always bring an interesting dimension to the discussion at hand, Veda Vyasan.
    regards,

8. varalotti

Oh My God, Chithra! Reading your post I lost my balance so much so, that instead of replying to Veda Vyasan I edited his post itself with my newly invested moderators powers. Fortunately I was able to reconstruct his post from the scratch.
    Well, there is no under current or upper current, straight or subtle. How can it be after almost quarter a century? tell me.
    However your teasing post has gladdened Indhu and I am very happy for her.
    Thanks for making this thread lively, though I am not sure whether what you stated is true. In fact I don't even understand it. ha ha.

(Moderators, is there a smiley for the expression, "Inda poonaiyum paal kudikkuma?" Please supply one. I badly need it now.)
    Love,

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Sorry sir, we are running an ad agency. Not a brothel. If you are going to give the deal to us for the only reason I slept with you, then, Sir, God save your company.
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />
    “And Sir, I am sure, you will apply the same principles to your wife too. When your customer wants to sleep with her for an order, you would happily let her do so. God save your family too. So long.”
    Dear Sridhar,
    I feel that the above quote of yours must be the only way to tackle such a problem and all working women must use it. (Hope you will not demand royalty from the fairer sex). I just liked those words.
    And it is so very nice to see a remake of a romantic marriage (now the current trend is to remake the old hits, :wink::wink:.
    About the episode, well it is okay but not as fast as the HE 2. But still it will lead to many things in the next one,won't it?

Is there no other thought except the obvious one, when a man and woman land up in the same room for the night?I wonder.:rolleyes:

10. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

Real life romantic story after almost 24 years? (since 3/2/84) No way!
    One day I asked Indhu why don't you come to my forum and give your views about what I write. She has now been religiously following that in HE.
    Well that's about it.

It was only for HE did Indhu said for the first time that I write well. Just imagine a poor guy had to write some 300 stories, publish 5 books, write 3 serials in a website before he got that comment from his wife. Poor me!shakehead

About this aspect of love and marriage, I have now enough material to write a whole book. And added to that I am translating Osho's book which talks in minutest detail about marital relationship. But I don't want to spoil the "romantic mood" in this forum now (especially after Chithra's post) by quoting from them. Let's reserve that for another day.

Stay tuned for the next episode.

regards,