1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 2

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    You are giving us large shots of the story this time. It is very nice.
    And the way you have described Nalini is also very beautiful. Most of our people always think that white skin is beauty. And one can be dignified by the way they dress. Now this time you are bringing in more characters, the more the merrier.
    It gives a lot of speculation of many things to come.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Sujatha. Whom do you want to be the HE? Sethu or Madhavan? Tell me.
    I am glad that you still remember the story Challenge and its main character.
    Thanks,

3. varalotti

Dear Meenu,

I admire your ability of exploding a bomb just using soft words as match-stcks.

"Making exorbitant claims on account of one's rank, power, worth; presumptuous; haughty; overbearing; proud and assuming."
    This is the meaning Websters Dictionary assigns to the word "arrogant." Oxford, Mariam and a host of other dictionaries also follow suit.
    Now tell me Meenu which of my women characters has these qualities?

Nalini is the General Manager of a star hotel. Sethuraman is just a masseur working in its health club. Had she been arrogant she could have ordered Sethu to do the job. She calls him and makes a request to him. And thanks him for accepting her offer. Does any of these qualities show that there's a streak of arrogance in her character?

SB is a world-class dancer. When her troupe-member complains against Sethu she could have shouted at him. But she only offers him tips to remove the unpleasantness; to compensate for the humiliation inflicted by her troupe-member. The tips was not well timed, agreed. But it has nothing to do with arrogance.

And I don't think any one would call Priya an arrogant person, at any stretch of imagination.

I am sure you can be a great writer. Just by seeing a few characters in a fictional story you are able to assess the author of the story. Marvellous. But I hate to tell you it is not true. I like all kinds of women, submissive and arrogant. Each woman in this world be it young or old, lean or fat, beautiful or ugly, arrogant or submissive has a unique beauty in her being, which is not replicated in any other woman.

A few years back I was to meet a woman entrepreneur. She was to give me some training for a Exchange Tour to Europe. The agreed meeting time was 12 noon. I was there by 11 55. But she had not come. So I went to the nearby bank for some chore and came back to her place by 12:03. By that time she had come and gone. And she called me by phone and advised me that I should be punctual.

Any other man in my place would not have gone to that lady again. But I apologised to her and fixed another time to meet her. By that time I was sure that she could not give me any useful information on the subject I wanted. But her haughtiness, her arrogance impressed me. I wanted to see her in flesh and blood. I found her to be okay. Actually her arrogance sort of added to her charm.

I salute your ability to be fluent in so many languages. Even more so, I salute your ability to elicit such a long response from me by just writing a few explosive lines.

regards,

4. varalotti

Dear Jaya,

Be more careful next time. At times I write pretty long episodes. So if you are deprived of oxygen for a long time, you may by hurting yourself. I would suggest that you read one part and then divert your attention outside. Stretch your hands, blink your eyes, take a few deep breaths and then go to the next part of the episode.

God is the most creative person. He has created six billion units of human beings, there is not even a single repetition. It's easy to mass produce identical goods. But to create six billion people (and its still counting) each of them unique is something only She can do. Hats off to her.

At my level, taking inspiration and help from the most creative person, I have created a few characters who are unique. But there is something in the end. You will have to hold your comments on this till then.

Will Sethu's character have something passionate? Honestly I don't know, Jaya.
    Let's wait and see.

Love,

5. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    Thanks.
    White skin is not beauty. A photographer friend told me that black and white pictures still have greater depth than the colour pictures we now shoot in our digital cameras. Painters say that in a dark woman, the features are sharper and well defined.
    God knows this fact very well. That's why Rama and Krishna were born black.
    Real beauty comes from how one bears herself. And not how she looks like.

In a story like HE speculations can be rife. So just go ahead and indulge yourself. You can do all the speculation you want in the interval between two episodes.
    But come back to the story on Saturdays.
    regards,

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti,
    The way you portray your characters with the minutest details ( and also the places) is really amazing. I could just imagine them as living persons. Waiting eagerly for the next episode to welcome some more lively charecters.
    Regards,
    Pushpavalli

7. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Dear sridhar,
    I was held up with some personal work for the week end, so couldn't read it on saturday. Just got the time to read the Timeline B episode. Good going with this too. Interesting and intriguing character portrayal.
    Well, the rich, orphaned, intelligent and elegant Madhavan is in contrast with the vulnerable, reclusive, uneducated(since there is no mention of his education status), mysterious, bereaved but self-respecting, Sethu.
    And now comes the ladies of (y)our show, Priya and Nalini with their own charm, admired beauties for their presentation of the inner-strength through their attire and the way they carry themselves. They are limned with picturesque character.
    It isn't surprising how a women could be touched with motherly instincts for anyone who is vulnerable. It is connatural for any women and our Nalini is no different. She wasn't manupulative but she could get the work done innocuously and that's how she pulled-in Sethu. Sethu seems to reciprocate to her motherly feelings towards him. He accepts the favour she requests of him. And where it is going to lead......?????

So, Are they(timeline A HE/She and timeline B HE/she) going to the meet each other in the Dance performance or meet Sethu as a masseur and her as a GM??It would be interesting to watch or read how their paths cross or perhaps crossed???

8. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Sridhar sir,

Excellent episode and i like ur narrative style very much.
    Like everyone even i am also waiting how you are going to link the
    two timelines.
    the format of the story is quite interesting too.

Looking forward for the next one.... ohhh its long wait.........

9. varalotti

Dear Pushpavalli,
    thanks. I have two options before me now. Either introduce more characters. Or introduce more drama in the existing ones. I still feel that we have been taxiing on the run way till now.
    It's high time we take off and seek the freedom of air and the exhilaration of heights.
    Fasten your seat belts and be ready.
    Thanks once again,

10. varalotti

Dear Padma,
    I have been missing you so far. Thanks for joining us. And you have omitted one important character, Sharada, the beautiful dancer. I am just creating the characters along the way. Some of them might play a great role in the movement of the story. Some might just stand in the sideline and watch other characters passing by.

Of course in a movie you have somebody like Madhavan (I mean the actor) who appear almost on every frame. And there are characters like somebody who's travelling with him on the train, who diasspear after the scene.

I will share a secret with you. This story can never be made into a movie. I am designing the story in such a way to stretch the limits of writing. Writing a story like this is an exclusive privilege of a writer and a movie director cannot venture into something like this.
    Confused? wait till the end. You will agree with me.

Will the paths cross? Will they meet each other? The words "Wait and See" have almost become a cliche for me. But at this time I do not have any other alternative. So wait and see.
    regards,