1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 2

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Nov 17, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,

Thanks for the rave review. You have noticed the subtle points in the storyline. Great.

You have raised questions on motherly love. But it does happen, Mals. I have felt that in a few women. It is not like what we see in bollywood movies. "Beta" "Ma" and the mother and son run into each others norms.
    It's a very subtle feeling that comes in the mind on seeing the other person. It wont be even adequately expressed. You would have noticed that Nalini clearly draws the line and her words show that she is the boss. But as a writer I will have to bring out what's happening in her mind too. And it is there the mother lives.

Can you please tell me how Sethu's sad looks might lead him to a passionate encounter? I am not questioning your line of reasoning. But your explanation may help me building the story.

Yes, Mals, something is definitely brewing. And is constantly brewing. And it has to be so for another 10 weeks at least.

Saturday is just 144 hours away. Stay tuned.

regards,

2. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    I modelled Sharada not on one dancer but on a handful. I took the looks from a dancer, dancing from another and erudition from yet another. Of course, as a writer, that's one of the sweetest freedoms I enjoy.

I felt sorry about the Diwali festival there and about the kind of reception for "shaking and gyration" while classical forms languish for want of attention.

But only a few people can appreciate the classical format. Its not for the masses. Unfortunately in this world classes and masses exist in the ratio of 1:10000. We should never go by numbers.

In those days Tagore's books which were quite heavy never used to sell much. I am talking about the 1920s and 1930s.

There was a popular author who used to write fiction. He used to sell in millions. His publisher had high regards for him as he was raking in money.

In a meeting all these three people were there. Tagore, the popular writer and the publisher. Seeing Tagore the writer went to him and prostrated at his feet and got his blessings.
    The publisher asked him, "Why did you fall at his feet? His books rarely sell. It's less than one-tenth of what your books sell. Then why make a big fuss about him?"
    The writer snapped. "It's true his books sell less. But he writes for persons like me. Whereas I write for idiots like you. Naturally there are ten times more idiots than normal persons."
    I am reminded of this incident when I read about what happened in the festival there.
    Give me your guess, whom can we approach to act as Sethu. While on this you can also find out the actresses who can play Nalini and Sharada.

regards,

3. varalotti

Dear Bunty,
    thanks for coming in to post your views. Their goodness have already come out. Both these characters Madhavan and Sethu are good in their own way.
    In the future episodes we are going to trace their lives, what happened to their goodness and how they come out of all their troubles, real and imaginary.
    My major task will be to link these two timelines.
    Thanks once again,
    Luv,

4. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    U've passed the second examination too ! 'HE - 2 is also very interesting to read !
    Nalini –a dignified person who accomplishes her duty unfailingly & perfectly ..Starting her work after worshipping her mother adds to her nice character !
    SB – a likable person who has brought fame to herself & her own country through her high talents & hard work !
    " If the sharp end of a compass is placed on the tip of her nose and a circle was drawn of a specified radius, it would perfectly describe her face. " - funny comment !

Sethu – a pathetic yet a determined person . It seems he is going to be a strong character ! I may be wrong – but ur build-up of his character makes me think so ! ( By the way , Sudha .. for sethu's role I would strongly recommend Jeeva ( Ram ) - hope u & all would agree with me ! ) .
    Hotel Le Meridian …. Wow u ‘ve taken us all to the venue itself through ur pakkaa description ! U give importance even to the minutest detail regarding the hotel – i like it !
    Eventhough u ‘ve advised readers not to bother about what will happen next & just enjoy the story as it is moving ,… I just can’t help thinking so !
    Hope Madhavan will appear in the next episode ( he should ....please ! ) ( <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> reaction to this comment …..oops …I’m scared ! )
    Affly ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  5. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

I modelled Nalini on some real life characters I saw. Women carrying themselves with dignity and bluntly refusing to be treated as mere objects of beauty.

I modelled Sharada's face on the lines of a famous dancer. I once saw her in Sriram Mess, Madurai eating her lunch. I could never forget that face. I gave that face to Sharada.

I would rather prefer Surya for Sethu. We have all seen Surya clean shaven but for his beautiful mush. Just imagine him with a thin beard and a more hardened face sans the smile. You have a perfect Sethu.

Thanks.
    Do I look so horrible that I scare you with my looks? Or do I write so harshly that I scare you with my words? When SHE was torn into pieces by some of the ILites, when their criticism was harsh, I bore it and gave only soft, and to the point replies. So why should you be scared after writing almost a rave review of HE 2. I don't understand.

Having passed the first two exams it is now my turn to be scared of the third.
    Do pray for me.
    Love,

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

It is with great pleasure that I have read this week's episode of HE.

I Just Like It!

If this is the narrative style you are going to follow, I can imagine this serial being very exciting and intriguing.
    The characters you have introduced this week are just as exciting as the ones from last week. And there are quite of few of them for us to keep track of and follow and that alone will be quite absorbing for any reader.

I particularly like the language and style of writing. Both the story lines are smooth and savvy. I have no idea where you are taking us and what it is that we are to expect from your characters, but for some reason, I find them intriguing already!

I don't know if I was one of those who 'tore' your SHE apart ?? (bonk-suspect I was!!)....I have nothing to tear up this time...as yet:biggrin2:........Both the HE-s and the she-s in both the parts are all too interesting and realistic this time...So, waiting for the plot to unravel!

L, Kamla

7. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

I feel that I have acquitted myself in the first two examinations which leaves me even more frightened of the rest. Dear friend, there is no need for you to know where I am taking you.

Just trust me and travel with me. I wll never let you down. And while you can ride with me, I wont take you for a ride.

You were not the one who tore me apart for SHE. In any case that was what I wanted there. I told there in the curtain raiser that controversy was my middle name and second nature. I asked for it and I got it.

But in HE I am going to focus on the drama. You know Kamla, the human drama, the human mind, its foibles and strengths, its pains and losses have never ceased to fascinate me. I am a little ambitious in this venture.

Enjoy the story. And after reading it think over it. But the most important of all dont fail to pray for the author. Pray God that he should be blessed with necessary strength and wisdom to deliver to your expectations week after week.

Stay tuned.

Love,

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  8. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir, Who is the HE now? Madhavan or Sethu raman or both. Very interesting episode about a highly dignified person. Again SB reminds me of your Sharada in the story "Challenge". Good going. Keep it up.

9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

DearVaralotti,
    This week's episode brings the other"HE" whois going to suffer at another woman's hand.The descriptions in detail about nalini's job brings out the perfectionist in her. Good managers can be born also?All your successful (in profession) women seem tohave a little streak of arrogance. It tempts tme to believe that you like your women or the women in your life to be submissive !Is that true?Looking forward to the next episode.
    regards,
    meenu
    PS
    I can read write and speak malayalam, read and write sanskrit and french besides english and tamil.

10. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I let out a deep breath after reading the second episode!! I was so involved that I dint realise that my oxygen intake was not adequate:exactly:
    I admire the way u potrayed each and every character and they are so unique in their carvings that you outlined for them!!

:iagreeWell...Like Malspie said even I feel that Sethu's character is going to have a very emotional or a very passionate encounter!!

Eagerly waiting for the next episode!

Love,
    Jaya