1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 2

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow it was worth cuddling the baby as there is no link between the 1st and the 2nd episode waiting to see where it will be linked.
    It is nice to know in the 1st you prefered Madhavan and here Sethu, who will be next???
    waiting to cuddle the next baby.........................
    Good one ,,,,,,,,,,,,you have described Nalini very beautifully,

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajameenakshi,

Thanks for the nice words. Please don't let your worry about linking the two episodes interfere with your enjoying the story. That's my problem. Of course I am experimenting with a new concept and taking a bold risk. But I am sure with God's grace and wishes of ILites, I should be able to establish a link, somewhere in the future, probably in the climax, I don't know.

Two years back one of my clients hosted a lavish dinner exclusively for me in Lee Meridian. I saw the multicuisine restaurant and hence brought it into the story along with the characters.

Looks like you have planned for one different HE every week and I think you will continue with Sethu next week too. Waiting for the connections between the first and second episode. OH HO I need to wait another full week. OMG.

What I have planned for you, you will know next week. And that's only a part of it. You will know my entire plan only in the last week. But don't let that come between you and the story.

regards,

3. varalotti

hi shanthi,

I do realise that I am walking on a tight rope, and that too a height of 200 feet from the ground. Any fall could only be fatal. But I have long balancing sticks for my secondary support. Of course my primary support comes from above and from good friends like you and Veda Vyasa himself.

I moulded Sethu as a kind of contrast match for Madhavan. And so is Sharada and Nalini to Priya.

It's going to be both. It's going to be parallel and the twain will eventually meet.

4. varalotti

Hi Vandhana,
    Thanks. Leave that tying up problem to me Vandhana. Just have your eyes on the story. There are going to be more characters too. Some characters might also walk out of the story.

I also thought of having a game on HE. But then I decided against that.

I attend some of the lectures. And the organisers at times ask me to propose vote of thanks or felicitate the speaker at the end. Then I lose interest in the speech and focus on what I have to say.

The same thing will happen if we have a game or contest. ILites will be breaking their heads on all possible outcomes instead of just simply enjoying the story.

Good question. But time alone can answer.
    regards,

5. varalotti

Dear Chithra,
    Your detailed FB requires a line by line reply.

Thanks, Chithra. I know that you would have liked this episode better than the last one.

A woman, like a man, has to be recognised in her own merit. The merit we give to a woman should not be attached to a role, like a mother or sister. I deliberately created Nalini Ganesh as the confident new-age woman who is not attractive in the conventional sense of the word, but beautiful in her own way. I know many women like that. (Oh, don't start imagining things. I just said, I know.) I had to move with such women in the course of my profession. In many cases I could not express my admiration to them because of the circumstances. By praising Nalini I brought out what is in the deepest parts of my mind regarding such women.

Well, I do admit I made a mistake. I am sorry. My heartfelt apologies. If you have the time to read the relevant portions again, you will notice that it has been corrected now. Let me know if you want a stronger correction.

Well, when you go to Le Meridian on 25th carry your digital camera. Capture that beauty in that and post it in IL. More than the ILites, I her creator, will be delighted.

Thanks once again for the detailed feedback.
    Love,

6. varalotti

Hi Maya,
    As I have been telling others, please don't worry about the connection. I will take care of it, of course, with God's grace and your wishes. I am attempting something bold in this story format. Let's see how it comes through.
    Leave this "nuts and bolts" matter to me and focus on the storyline. I am happy that you enjoyed both the pairs. Madhavan-Priya and Sharada-Sethu.
    We will be living with these pairs during the next several weeks.

regards.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

This was again mind blowing. I like the details that you get in to. Nalini looking at the reception counter and a nod of "O.K." from there. The restaurant full of people round the clock, wow!! that was reflecting the popularity of the Hotel.
    Nalini's motherly love for Sethu is still a question mark... I have doubts on this.... Sethu's sad looks makes me feel there is going to be a passionate encounter... Sridhar, please do not churn me down for messing your story. Sethu not accepting the "Tip" before service was good. Nalini a professional asking her secy to cut short the details and get to the point. I love the way she remembers the jobs assigned to people with their names. Such people make very good bosses. Sri, now you will keep me wondering about Sethu's lost look, I am sure there is some thing brewing .... Waiting for Madhavan... tsk.. tsk..

Oh!! forgot... till next SATURDAY.. Alright... time is ticking...

Bye Sri..

8. varalotti

Hi Aruna, I am happy that you cuddled the baby and felt nice about it. Thanks.
    The next baby is due in another 160 hours. The labour pains are yet to start. The maternity ward, of course, has been alerted. Let's see.

I am happy that you liked Nalini. Nalini is what every woman wants to be at one point of time or other in life. Bold, aggressive, motherly, loving, ambitious - all at the same time.

The Osho's book which I am now translating is exerting a deep influence on how I create my characters.

regards,

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

This week's episode is interesting to me.....now the dancer's description made me wonder whom you are describing.....but i left it at that! Whoever that is she seems to be doing our culture proud....so good that you have brought that Classical arts do have a place of their own! But like you have pointed out Americans and other foreigners are the ones to still hold and give that respect for our classical art forms....otherwise with Bollywood in the scene, this kind of adoration comes from our own people only to the ones who are in the cine field! (all this outpourings only because last week we had a diwali show here , my students were the only one presenting classical, and all the rest were dancing or just i say shaking to the latest film tunes, of course it looked like they are the only ones appreciated...though all the ones who appreciate our culture praised our efforts, still the girls felt a bit low!) Glamour does matter , even if we know it is short lived!
    Now you have left us wondering what is going to happen at Le Meridian! And where is Maddy ....and now who will fit the bill as Sethu! ( i mean the film stars...ha ha!)

Looooooooong wait till next week! Post it a bit early as a surprise!

10. bunty

bunty New IL'ite

'HE is different in the sense that it centres around men. Two men. Poles apart. One is an industrialist rolling in crores and the other is an ordinary masseuse struggling to make his livelihood. Both are good. And in this world it is very rare that goodness goes unpunished. But to be punished so cruelly, so heartlessly…. What’s this, I have started telling the story…. Just erase these lines from your memory.'
    well boththe heroes r out of their shells
    i guess their goodness comes first in ur next episode.
    a host of shes
    the outline is ready
    waiting for ur innovative imagination to fill in the gaps.
    luv
    bunty