1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 16

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Feb 22, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vedya Vyasan,

It is said that when your namesake dictated Mahabaratha to Sri Vinayaka, the latter imposed a condition that he won't even stop for a second. If Vyasa made him wait, Vinayaka would stop being his scribe. Vyasar imposed a counter condition that Lord Ganesa should not write anything without understanding its meaning. The Lord accepted. So Veda Vyasa would give a tough word or an expression and while Ganesa is thinking on the meaning, Vyasar would think about the further slokas. This way Veda Vyasar dictated and Ganesa wrote hundreds of thousand of slokas that constitute the Mahabaratham. Those tough words/expressions which Vyasar used are called Pillyar Mudichu.
    And the above is a pillayar mudichu developed by you true to your name. Now let me make it clear, Veda Vyasan, as of today, given my present state of mental and spiritual development I am incapable of unconditional love. At times I even doubt my ability to show conditional love.

Thanks. I wrote those lines with tears in my eyes.

Good questions. And precisely these questions torment my mind too. Let's see what happens. Let's hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Well, worst in this case means lengthening of this serial by one, two or three more episodes.
    regards,

2. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

That was a valid doubt. Maddy had never met the Vulture because he was not handling his company's legal matter. As Priya was handling those affairs he did not have a chance to meet the Vulture.

HE imitates life. In life there are no small characters and big characters. At times even the lowliest of persons will deliver the highest of things to us. In HE, Kalpana is designed to be an important character. If HE is made into a film, I'll make either Kavitha or Khushboo to play Kalpana's role. Howzzat?

I would rather say that it is to early to make such guesses.

Thanks a lot, Sudha. It is because of this kind of encouragement I get from discerning readers like you, that I go on lengthening the episode. Now it looks like it wont end with the 17th. Let's see.
    Meanwhile stay tuned.
    regards,

3. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    Thanks a lot for those lovely words. I too feel sorry for Sharada. She is like what they say in Arnold's film (I dont risk writing the Actors last name as I always misspell it) an instance of "collateral damage." But life is like that.

As of now I can't think anything about the next serial. I have a broad outline but unless I settle these characters, Madhavan, Priya, Sharada, Nalini etc. comfortably in lives, I cant think of another story. Anyhow I would like to leave a space before I start the next serial.

Let's hope your wait will be worth its while.
    love,

4. varalotti

Re: Part 9!

I know that Chocolate. I was just kidding. We can see those deep love triangles in the movies of those days. Thamarai Nenjam, Moonru Mudichu are all triangles of the sixties/seventies which would make the theatres overflow not just with people but with the tears they shed.

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    So Priya is back, not in action for a while now??? Iam with Mals in the idea of bringing them together. If she has gone thru so much and is in a such a state of shock, then Sethu Madhavan will be her medicine, Life saving drug!!! Love it is aaid and I do strongly believe is like penance, both Priya and Madhavan have been doing it in different ways though. The woman in pining and the man in Kalai.Shradha has it in her detiny that she will devote herself to dance along with Nalini's companionship. Now that they share a deep bond and have more than struck a chord , it is not very difficult
    Before the next episode lands in IL it would have answered all our questions?
    Is that the Grand Finale???

6. varalotti

Dear Mals,
    That was really a soothing post from you. Thanks.
    love,

7. varalotti

Dear Janani,

I like your way of thinking that both Madhavan and Priya has been doing penance in their own ways as expression of love. Looks like, you have solved most of the problems, Janani. Good.

I thought of answering all the questions and ending the serial with the next episode. But now that looks difficult. I may have to seek one more extension from my dear readers.

I now look like a truant TV Serial Director who is going on asking extensions. But believe me it's done with the only intention of delivering nothing but the best to you all.

As of now, it looks like, it may not be.
    Thanks for the fb, Janani.
    regards,

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    This episode was very fast...First I thought the episode had ended..bonk

You reminded me of "Sigappu Rojakkal" where Kamal Hasan writes the name Sharadha all over on the wall of his prison cell.

HE is your baby..but please try to give it a happy ending..even if it means you will write 5 more episodes...hahaha

Regards
    USHA

9. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    I too remember the Sigappu Rojakkal scene. My God, the movie came some thirty years ago. Only remembering such movies tells us about our age, about how long have we inhabited this planet.
    This writing of name is slightly different than Sigappu Rojakkal. You will see in the next episode.... no, no, no that will be telling the story in advance, putting the cart before the horse and spoiling the suspense.

No, Usha. HE, as a baby belongs to all of us ILites. Sometime when we meet I'll tell you the original story line I had planned for this serial. And how every word of every ILite who commented on the story had an impact on the story-line. So in a way, all of us are responsible for HE. ILites say that I write very well. But I have to hurry to add that it is because of the kind of fb I get for every episode. Very few writers would have had this privilege. It's a kind of special writing school for me.
    This is my 5th serial in IL. Somebody remarked there is a vast difference between the first and the last. I am not surprised. I was studying 1st standard at that time. Now I have gradually come to 5th standard.

Usha, as a typical accountant, I first need a proper workable definition of a "happy ending"
    Because one ILite wrote to me that Priya dying and Sharada marrying Sethu will be a happy ending. There's a whole group which is threatening to kill me if anything happens to Priya.
    And a third group which says, "We don't care if Sethu dies, Priya dies or Sharada dies. But if you show that Sethu marries both the women, then you had it."
    A group of men, (probably led by our dearest Veda Vyasan) says, "Sethu marrying the two women will be cool"
    So what I am going to do?
    Please see the next post.
    regards,

10. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

I was a little delayed in responding to your fb. And I had individually apologized to those who had to wait for more than two/three days for my reply.

From the 15th episode onwards I have been telling that "this would be the last." 15th was not the last. Nor was 16th. I thought 17th would be the last. But looks like it also wont be.

I have written more than 3700 words but the end does not seem to be near. I don't want to load a 6000-word episode to burden you all.

So I have to now sheepishly admit that there will be an 18th episode. The episode which I dread to write, for I have to answer all the remaining questions and end the serial in a way that's pleasing to all my dear, discerning and wonderful readers.

Pray for me.
    love,