1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 16

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Feb 22, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,

First accept my apologies for the inordinate delay in responding to your post. Yours was the first to come in on Friday, the day of posting, itself. But I did not have the psychological free time, the quality time your post demands.

You have already made it known that you preferred Time-line A to B and that Madhavan and Priya had always been your favourites. And you have very firmly communicated to me the endings that will have your approval. At this stage I cannot make any commitment, Mals, other than the fact that I will earnestly try my level best to honour your wishes.

I am half way through HE 17 and it still looks an arduous task with so many ends to tie-up.

Who knows, I may even seek one more extension as I have been doing for the past few weeks.

Once again thanks for the fb and sorry for the delay.

love,

2. varalotti

Hi Vandhana,
    I owe you too an apology for the delay in responding to your thread. So many things to do this week-end and so short a time, that this task simply slipped. The reason is replying to HE readers is a highly demanding job and I should have quality 'psychological time' to do it. A physical availability of hours and minutes is not enough. That was the reason for the delay.

Thanks for remembering my words in the announcer post for HE 16. You are right about my misjudgment on the number of episodes. When I revealed that Sethu and Madhavan are one and the same in HE 14, I thought that I can wrap up the story in just one more episode. But with HE 15 I could not even tie up half of the loose ends. So HE 16 was required and subsequently HE 17 too. As I am writing HE 17 I am not sure that it will be the last one. Lets see.

Your observation about TV serials is quite pertinent. The unusual hurry in the last few episodes is as killing as the unusual drag in the first few. But these people are incorrigible.

It is only this kind of enormous confidence that is reposed on my writing abilities that adds to my responsibilities towards discerning readers like you.
    Thanks a lot for the confidence, Vandhana.
    Once again, thanks for the fb and sorry for the delay.
    regards,

3. varalotti

Re: Part 9!

Dear Chocolate,

First please bear with me for the delay in responding to your post.

Yes, Priya will certainly see Madhavan. But will she recognise him? I am not very sure of that.

You are right, Chocolate. Everyone has felt bad for Sharada. There are some who think that Sharada would have been better off had she not met Sethu. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Every love, whether we succeed in it or not, teaches us a lesson and makes us grow in love. That's why I always say that there is nothing called love-failure. Sharada is better off loving Sethu and losing him than not having seen him at all.

Well, chocolate, you beat me there! I know right-angled triangles, isosceles triangles, equilateral trianges but not a Yash Chopra triangle. What's so peculiar about it?

Thanks for the fb and sorry for the delay.
    regards,

4. varalotti

Dear Aruna,
    Sorry for the delay in responding to your post.
    In the same way I became emotional while writing the episode, you have become emotional while reading it.
    You know, in a way, I too feel sad that HE is coming to an end. I have been living with Sethu, Madhavan, Priya, Sharada, Nalini not to talk of Balki, the Vulture and others.
    But good things, even the best of the best, has to come to an end. Even the great epics like Ramayan, Mahabharata, running for hundreds of thousands of verses have to have a last verse.

Thanks a lot, Aruna.
    It's a coincidence that now I am writing that scene. I became rather too heavy, stopped my writing and decided to respond to the posts.

Thanks for the fb and sorry for the delay.
    regards,

5. varalotti

Dear Kamla,
    First I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I am surprised to see that the support for Priya is gathering momentum day by day. But I should tell you that the other side is not without support.

One ILite called me up to suggest an ending like this:
    Let Priya be affected with a dreaded disease and she is about to die. In the last minute she is cured of her mental disease. She then grabs Sharada's hands and gives it to Madhavan/Sethu. Seeing them together she dies peacefully.
    I had to try my level best not to laugh. But honestly, my dear, friend, what do you think of this ending? Should I give consideration for a suggestion like this?

As of now only God knows. May be by tomorrow or the day after, the author will know.

That's a nice compliment which can come from only from the one and only Kamla of IL. Thanks, thanks and thanks.

Me too.
    love,

6. varalotti

Dear Chithra,
    First accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your post. You won't believe, I was busy thinking about and writing the next episode. Only when I started to tie the loose ends did I realise that I had created so many loose ends in the process of building up the storyline especially in two different time-lines.

I first stopped with writing the English translation. Then I had you in mind and gave the actual Gita verse. After reading a lot of commentaries on Gita, I still feel that it's original form is elegant, sweet and simple. And pondering over the original sanskrit verse gives an understanding which even the finest translation can match.

Perfectly true. Today people have started valuing the gifts in monetary terms. In some of the communities living in Madurai when they go for a marriage they take out their "Moi" notebook and first find out how much did the "marriage party" gift for a marriage in their house. They then index the amount suitably for inflation and passage of time and return the gift. It's not a gift but repayment of a loan.

Thanks.

It's actually a quadrilateral. Because you know that Varalotti is the fourth side.
    No it's a Pentagon. Because the ILites form the fifth dimension.

You wont believe this. But talking about Trivandrum frequently had made me to actually make a trip to Trivandrum this week-end. I'll post the details in the appropriate forum soon.

Once again thanks for the fb and sorry for the delay.

Love,

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Re: Part 9!

The usual one heroine,2 heros or 1 hero ,2 heroines is the speciality of Yash Chopra movies isnt it.Either Sharada or Priya has to lose Madhavan in the end.Lets wait and see.

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Common why should you apologise!! I am aware of your tight schedules and hold you high for taking time and writing such lovely stories for us and keeping our suggestions and comments in mind. Its a task and not so easy to pen your thoughts. Most of friends stay far away from reading and writing though all of them hold very high rank in the office. Whilst people like us also enjoy to do things that give us creative satisfaction. Waiting to know about Priya..

9. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

Just finished the episode. As i guessed Kalpana was the messenger.Felt very sorry for priya but feel really bad for Sharadha too and above all the state of Sethu/Madhavan. My mind is in a confused state to favor any one but feel heavy for all the three.

How are you going to tie the knots. I know its a big task on you. I love Sharadha and priya and above all Sethu. I have too many questions coming on and on in my mind and hopefully will get me answers in the next episode. Waiting for my ride to trivandrum..That's the place for al my answers..

Every Analogy in this episode was mind kindling. Thanks Sridhar.

Will patiently wait for the author to PEN.

Love
    vidya

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  10. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    I might have tied the loose ends well. But my wife tells me that in the process of tying up the loose ends, I might end up becoming a "loosu", as they call here in Madurai. May God help me.

As usual you have raised a lot of questions. I am not very sure whether all of them will be answered. I am not even sure of ending the serial with the next episode.

Thanks for the fb, Varloo.
    regards,