1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 14

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Feb 8, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hema,
    Thanks, both for the kind words and for not guessing about Sethu-Madhavan. We can have two different stories even with just one person. Till the timelines met we did have two different stories.
    I am moved and touched that you broke your habit of not reading/seeing serials on my account. Of course, Hema, it is not easy to wait with questions and guesses and that too for a whole week. But believe me that waiting period is the most productive period. It is during this waiting period that creative juices start secreting in our mind. I was reading all the serial stories in the magazines when I was a boy. (There was no TV at that time) And I believe that the week-long pause kind of made me in to a writer.

That was a very profound statement. You made me shiver with that kind of expectation. The only commitment I can give is that I'll give my life to make it interesting. Whether it will actually be interesting is not in my hands.
    Thanks for the fb.
    regards,

2. varalotti

Dear Veda Vyasan,

As I start writing this post I am aware of the unique privilege that has been conferred on me - to talk about Mahabaratha with Veda Vyasan himself! What an honour!

I don't know which Mahabaratha book you read. I would suggest the book written by one Mrs Kamala Subramanian. Rajaji's version is simple and good. But it is not elaborate. Once you read Kamala Subramanians book you will know the real depth of the tragedy.

Mere death of bala Pandavas alone is not a tragedy. But when you read that Karnan and five other senior warriors surrounded the hapless Abhimanyu and almost slaughtered him against all the rules of Dharma, you feel really tragic. When you know that almost towards the end of the war Pandava's camp was set ablaze by the survivors on the Kaurava side, you feel outraged. When you learn that Ashwathama directed the brahmastra against all the descendants of Pandavas including the child in the womb of Abhimanyu's wife you feel like crying.

But it is that tragedy that makes the epic resemble our actual problem-ridden lives and thus adds a great depth to the contents.
    I recently read Jhumpa Lahiri's "The Namesake" a 300 page novel spanning over a period of 30 years. In the conventional sense it is a tragedy. But the after-taste still lingers in my mind. Something in me tells clearly that I won't be the same person again.

The tragedy in love stories is of a different type. You feel sad for the lovers. But the feeling you have for the survivors of Mahabaratha is totally different. And if you read the last part of Mahabaratha, where Lord Krishna dies (giving effect to a curse by Ghandari), Krishna's clan is destroyed, Pandava's women are abducted.... well you feel really sad. But in the depths of sadness you feel a kind of fulfillment as well.

You have asked another question, "If love has to end in tragedy, why should we?"
    Love does not give any guarantees. As Gibran said we cannot direct the course of love. But if Love thinks we are worthy enough, it directs our course. If we fear the risks involved in love and do not love at all, then there is no point in our living. And the word God has no meaning whatsoever.

love,

3. varalotti

Re: HE - Episode 15!

A Different Experience This Time!

For the past 14 weeks I used to write something in the middle of the week comparing the birth of the next episode of HE to the birth of a child. One ILite enquired with concern about the birth pangs. Another Senior ILite quipped, that with this birth-rate (of once a week) Varalotti will soon overtake Ghandari who gave birth to a hundred children.

But I have to tell you MGIs, that writing HE 15 was a different experience. It was quite profound and even therapeutic for me. I thought of making HE 15 as the final episode and had prepared some notes on the development of the story. Maybe it was the time I chose to write. May be I was very peaceful at that time. Whatever it is when I actually started to write, I did not even have a glance at the notes. And started writing whatever came to my mind, or rather, whatever came through my mind.

Like you, my dear friends, I too had a million questions and wanted some powerful links between Time-line A and B. I was literally tearing my hair on that account. When I started to write suddenly everything seemed to fall in place and what I wrote was completely different from what I had originally conceived. And I had to extend the serial by one more episode. That makes sense because we always talk about 16 different blessings. (பதினாறும் பெற்று பெருவாழ்வு வாழ்க)

So this time it was not the usual pangs of child-birth. It was ecstasy. And it was almost orgasmic. I felt relieved and refreshed after I had written the first draft. I am editing it more than five times in a day simply because I love to do that.

Being mothers, sisters, grandmothers, daughters and granddaughters, I am sure you will bear with me for this kind of "trumpeting" .

But in the same breath I will have to warn you that you may not have the same feelings as I had when you read the episode.

All of you have been thanking me for writing this serial. I think now it is my turn to thank you all giving me an opportunity to write for you.

With Love To All And Malice To None,
    sridhar

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

I have read Rajaji's Vysar Virundhu and Villiputhoorar Bharatham.... However I will try to get a copy of the Book and read it...

Indeed, it is my honour and pleasure to discuss with VR the Mahabaratha.... my (somewhat) favourite subject...

In MB, it is more of a cause and effecct scenario... Vinai vidhaithavan vinai aruppan... What you sow, is what you reap.... Especially, the yadavas fight and the end of them...

What Ashwathama did was very tragic.... Though we feel sad about that, We leave it and we dont carry that too much may be because that it has happened long long ago so along ago... nobody knows how long ago....

But where as in current day to day life.... we couldnt even think of such things...

All my arguments are for the sake of not ending Priya.... Nothing else....

Veda

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I guess the human psyche is such that it relishes the tragedy very much. We humans always remember the bad and hard times we had and talk about them. We talk about happy times only vey rarely.
    I saw PV and it sure is a tragedy, I could not sleep for a few days. Same with the Kamal movie, (oh I forgot its name, where he will be duped into starting a finance company etc.) I do not watch it when it is telecast again and again nowadays. But PV gives a lesson, what you sow, you shall reap.
    Now, IT IS GOOD NEWS THAT YOU ARE EXTENDING THE SERIAL. I guess you could not answer all the questions in just one episode now, there are so many questions to be answered.
    And my guess-the man who became paralysed for life must be the vulture lawyer, eh?

6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    This episode was very racy and I read it with bated breath.I liked your idea of going forward in life very much.Yes,indeed thinking of solution is always better than brooding over the problems. Once youreach a decision to go forward you feel light and float without worries.I encourage my children to think of solutions than problems, Your bringing out Sethu as Madhavan is indeed very interesting. How are we going forward? To saradha or back to priya?
    Regards,
    meenu

7. varalotti

Re: Valentines Day!

Will you be my Valentine?

Varalotti has the audacity to pose this question to the 15000 plus ILites. And he is down right foolish to ask this question knowing very well that his wife is one among that 15000 plus.

But he has nevertheless asked. How are you going to respond, ladies?

Click the question below my signature to read more.
    love,

8. varalotti

Dear Veda Vyasan,
    My God! For the sake of saving Priya, you are advancing very elaborate arguments!
    What you said about MB was right. It was a cause and effect scenario. The worst case is that of Dronacharya. His childhood friend was Drupadan who had promised to give him half his kingdom when they were just students. When Drona went to ask that, he insulted him. Drona was helpless but wanted to take revenge. (Like how Priya/Madhavan did while taking over Smart Ads). Drona taught his skills to Pandavas and Kauravas. And made his favourite student wage a war against Drupadan. Drupadan was caught and brought before Drona. Drona now took Drupada's kingdom and gave him back half of it as if he were giving alms. Now it was Drupada's turn to be infuriated. He went on penance to have a son who would eventually kill Drona. Drustathyumnan was born to him. In the war it was he who killed Drona. The cycle will go on and on unless pure unconditional, selfless love intervenes.
    Thanks for the eloquent arguments on behalf of Priya.
    Now you want to know what will happen to Priya. The answer as of now is,
    "Arguments Heard. Judgment Reserved."
    Thanks for the nice discussion on MB.
    love,

9. varalotti

Dear Meenu,
    Thanks. Was missing you for some time. Happy to see you again. I like your philosophy of focusing on solutions rather than problems.

The story will go forward from now on. I am not sure who is going to be there, Priya or Sharada.
    I have heard enough arguments not to finish off either of them. And there is another group which has argued against bigamy.
    Well, Meenu, I can only request you to pray for me so that God shows me the right way to end this serial.
    love,

10. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

In a short while from now, I will be uploading HE 15. This is the last but one episode of the serial.

Writing this episode has been a different experience for me. To start with I never thought I could link the time-lines so unobtrusively. But the wishes of thousands of ILites was with me and made me pen this episode with ease.

My request to you is a) to flood me with your feedback-posts, that I will be inspired to write the final episode in a fitting manner and b)to pray that I should be blessed with enough wisdom to deliver to your expectations.

Am I asking too much?
    Love,