1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 13

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Feb 1, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

I am very happy for Balki Big LaughBig Laugh. He deserved the punishment and again :clap:clap to your thoughts for ruling the punishment on Blaki. Sethu need not feel guilty of attacking an innocent man. In the eyes of God, the other man has committed a sin, which has made him travel with Balki and be part of the punishment. Sharada and Sethu have declared their love, hope Balki does not repent and plead guilty to Sharada and like a typical Indian Woman she forgives him for the sake of her "Mangalsutra" and poor Sethu returns to his house of darkness.

Waiting for Madhavan and Priya to shed their doubts...

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chocolate,
    That kind of lapse of judgment could happen to every one. We would love to call ourselves rational beings with strong intellects. But in reality we are only emotional beings. At times when emotions take over we are utterly helpless, as it happened to Sethu.
    You are right. The other person might hold a key to Sethu's past.

That's a very valid point, Chocolate. Violence always fails even if used in self defence. In this case Sethu was not taking a revenge for what has been done already. He was just preventing any further trouble from Balki.

A few weeks back my wife spotted a "pooran" (a small insect whose sting is at times mildly poisonous) and requested me to kill it. Of course there is nothing wrong in killing a dangerous insect. Even then after hitting it I felt strangely restless for quite some time. I think Sethu should have felt the same thing.

Yes, it's a happy move. But life is full of happiness and sadness.

Thanks for being the first in posting your fb.
    regards,

3. varalotti

Re:

Dear Jaya,
    I am really, really happy that you enjoyed those lines. In fact I added them at the last minute a few hours before posting. Somehow I felt that without these lines I would not be able to defend Sethu's action of hitting an innocent bystander without any provocation.
    And that's perfectly true Jaya. I remember the story of an army jawan who was going back to his place to see his wife and family after serving in the war for about a year. When his flight was about to take off, he was almost commanded to vacate his seat for his commanding officer who was to go to the same place. He pleaded with tears in his eyes, but of no avail. He was asked to travel to his hometown by train, which would take another three days. He was angry with the Army, with his Officer and with God. Then only he came to know that the plane crashed immediately after take off killing every one on board. He was sad when he could not see the connection. And was filled with awe and gratitude when he saw it.

Thanks. I took so much pains in designing that love scene. I told Indhu that it was really a challenge for me. Of the 300 plus stories I have written hardly one or two are love stories. So I am not adept in describing such scenes. This time I went out of the way to visualise the scene and penned the scene writing line by line.

It's possible that Balki might require a more severe punishment to reform. But Sethu did not want to give that in the first instance itself. Giving punishment for wrongs done is more or less like adding salt to sambar. We add a little first, taste the stuff, and if it is not adequate, we add a little more. It is easier to correct the error of adding less salt than adding more.

I am also eager to see the end now. I am now sure that whatever endings I had written for the serial wont work out. I am trying something new. I may end the serial in one, two, three or more episodes.

Thanks for the nice words, Jaya.
    love,

4. varalotti

Dear Janani,
    As the serial is nearing its end, (it may end in the next episode or in another two episodes) I need to bring out all the hidden emotions.
    The love scene was the greatest challenge for me. And now reading your response and those of others I am happy that the scene appeals to you and all the ILites.
    I tried to create the purest version of love between S and S. When the love is pure, there is no need to be concerned about the lover's past or worry about his future. Enough if that kind of love is enjoyed even for a second. The intensity will be so much that it will be more precious than a lifetime of ordinary love. It was only because of that intensity that the love birds missed seeing Nalini.

Please nurture your curiousity for just one or two more weeks. I'll answer all the questions.
    Thanks Janani. I loved writing those lines and I am happy to see that you loved reading them.

5. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    Real love is never declared in a mushy mushy way. Sethu and Sharada are well past the age of physical infatuation. They are attracted by the tastes and the values they share. In such a setting love will be exceedingly tender. So I opted for real, soft declaration and not the usual "call-centre type" of declaration in which love and sex are synonymous.
    I salute your smartness, Madam. But please, please keep the guess to yourself. And by next week or the week after next you can check with the actual happenings and tell me whether your guess is right.

thanks, Sudha.
    regards,

6. varalotti

Dear Kamla,
    It's really rewarding for me as a writer to learn that you enjoyed this episode.
    Let me confess what I am going to do. One route is take the actions and emotions to an even higher level and finish the serial in another two episodes. Or bring down the emotions and drag on the serial for another 6 weeks. Given my nature I am more likely to choose the former rather than the latter.

More than me Indhu loved these lines very much. Since Wednesday I have been telling her that the love scene in this episode is crucial. When I told her on Thursday evening that the scene has come out well, she chided me, "Don't give too much of a build up." But after she finished reading the episode she told me that what I said was true. And "Kamla's lines about that scene are genuine and authentic."
    So thanks once again.

love,

7. varalotti

Hi Vandhana,
    Thanks.
    Honestly I don't know who is a TDH person. You see I am just a DTE person. Can you please explain?

I know you are very smart. But please keep the guess with yourself. Let every one have their own guesses.

No, Vandhana, you are now trying to give clues. Please don't do that.

Just wait for another 120 hours.
    Thanks Vandhana for the nice fb.

regards,

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

A marvellous episode but felt very sorry to note that you are ending in most probably two episodes (as mentioned in your FB).

The love flowing between Sethu & Sharada is unexplainable.I wish time had stood still. It was very magical, I could visualise both of them together in the hospital corridor. Beautiful ...........!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap

How true there is always a connection between our actions & our past happenings. These lines of yours have brought very clearly the connection. Waiting to know about Sethu's past and the merging of both the timelines.

Hope you are alreading keeping another serial ready to keep us occupied otherwise we have to literally bonkbonk on weekends.

9. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hello Sir,

This was a nice mushy mushy episode! What a place to romance...hospital...that too outside the operation theatre... :) ! Also the way the mother-son affection has been brought out is good.
    So now I kind of guess why you have been postponing the accounts of Sethu's past. Since you've already asked others to keep the guesses to ourselves...I will keep my guess to myself this time...and see what happens next..and then say how much of my guessing was right!

Regards,
    Hema

10. varalotti

Dear Chithra,
    Thanks.
    I thought nobody would notice that statement. That was one statement which I enjoyed writing. Happy that you noticed it.

Thanks. The inspiration for this came from Marina Beach at Chennai. Once I had to be there with a friend (a man, for sure). It was the peak of summer. I could see lovers sitting right under the sun, in that unbearable heat. Unmindful of others, unmindful of the furnace they are in, the lovers were in a world of their own. If love can create a pleasant world for them in the furnace-hot beach sand, why not my Sethu and Sharada have that bliss in the cool waiting room of a corporate hospital.

I am still in a dilemma. I don't want to prolong the story a la our Tamil serials. At the same time I don't want to end it too soon. May be I'll end the whole serial in one, two or three episodes.

thanks once again.
    love,