1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 11

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 18, 2008.

1. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Sethu’s affection towards Nalini is amazing ! You ‘ve broken the suspense regarding their relationship nicely ( of course you were giving hints then & there ) ! Sethu’s extreme kindness shows out a woman inside him – reminds me of what you have written in your ‘ manidhanin puththagam’ ( translation of Osho’s ‘ THE BOOK OF MAN’ ): “ ovvoru aanukkullum oru peN irukkiraal “ ! To be too kind is considered normally as womanly nature , is it not ? ! I liked his following words to Nalini :
    Like Nalini , I was also moved by his nice words !
    Nalini’s pathetic past life made me so sad .But I ‘m sure she can accept anything that happens to her – being a mentally strong lady . I thought she would sacrifice her life in the process of saving Sethu – thanks Sridhar , for saving her life !
    How much she should have loved her husband ! I pity Nalini & hate her heartless husband .

whether the entire universe rushes are not , the Almighty sends someone to get it done for sure ! “ Oru vaasal moodi maru vaasal vaippaan iraivan” – all that we have to do is to remain hopeful !

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:city><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:city> quote is very true ! ( in <st1:city><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:city> reply to Imemyself )

( ur reply to Chithra) - ok , Sridhar , if that is ur wish too ….hereafter I ‘ll call you by ur name ( even in the presence of ur parents …… happy or nelinjufying ? ! ? ........)

Simran as Sharadha – ok … Surya as Sethu - double ok … But Banupriya ….. as Nalini …….. m….. I ‘ll choose a better one , ok ? ! ? Be a good boy to accept whom I suggest , ok , sridhar ? ! ?
    !I wish something good ( only good ) happens to Madhavan & Priya ! If no good news , then we’ll have to drop our trip to Chennai that night - a strong threat from ur DW , Sridhar !

Love ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar & Vidya,

The topic of hysterectomy !

I have been advised by my doctors to undergo the same but they have asked me to wait till I am 40 (another 4yrs to be precise) but I don't have any qualms in getting the same done. I know about all the medical repercussions but if there is no way out, we have to undergo. It is always good to sail alongwith the tide. For my problem, If I go on continuing one system to another system of medicine or trying all other procedures also, it is going to be a waste of money, time and more than that spoiling my health. instead of all these, best way is to remove the affected organ. We are not going to lose our lives by removing uterus, isn't it? Another thing why the uterus is treated or placed in such a high pedestal why not our humble kidneys etc

Anyway SHE knows what is best for us - the same way the creator of Nalini (aka sridhar) knows what is best for his character, right ?

3. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir, You have excellently depicted the character of Nalini and her relationship with Sethu. As well as the relationship of her employees with her. It is very difficult to find such a boss these days. I would like to quote here about a boss of mine when i was working in insurance company. She is such a noble soul and takes part in the good and bad of each and every employee in her office. Her name is Mrs. Geetha. She remembers the birthdays, wedding anniversaries of each and every staff. On the day whether it is a working day or otherwise first thing she will do is call them and wish them. It is also amazing to note that she would remember the birthday of the employee's children. She is retired now. But still she continues to do that. I continue to have good friendship with her even after coming here. On my birthday, my wedding day, my daughter's b'day, my husband's b'day(he is also a good friend of her) hers will be the first call we receive from outsider. Her warmth touches us always. On the day of my daughter's arangetram (on Dec 1st 2007) she called us early in the morning and wished my daughter with her whole heart. She never treated herself as a boss before others. I can never forget her in my life. I thought about her when i read about Nalini. Thank you for kindling my sweet memories.

4. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

hi sridhar
    mondays are literally becoming blue aren't they?
    same here.
    now to he
    i will still retain lakshmi for nalini,though hav to concede sims is goood choice.
    nalini's character shines through
    her love ,respect,perfection everything has been brought out superbly as a
    lady who is tough but with a big heart.
    but again everyone has a sad story.
    i still cannot accept sharada's proposal early on.
    if it had been after nalini's incident i think it would hav brougfht out more credence.
    but u r the boss,so i grudgingly say ok
    nalin also accepting her husband's betrayal does not go down with me.
    to hav loved,to hav shared so much and to find all being lies would lead to depression but also rage.
    where is it?
    her motherly love for sethu just melts my heart truly a masterstroke.

now to priya and maddy,u r writing when u r in a depressed state,oops....
    looks like the heaven is surely to fall on maddy.
    take heart sri,do not crush him totally,put ur pen down,go for that icecream u bought ur dad,
    comeback and write atleast something uplifting in the next episode,even one small significant scene would do.
    do not u think we face enough everyday betrayals atleast these characters need to see some hope.
    luv
    kripa

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My God, Indhu! I never thought you will read so deeply and quote so many lines from my post. And added to that there was a quote from The Book Of Man as well. I am overwhelmed, floored, moved and touched
    It is. But that is a total misconception. Kindness is a hallmark of a great human being. Jesus was kind. St.Francis of Assisi was kind. Sadashiva Brahmendral was kind. Kindness or for that matter, it's opposite quality, cruelty, cannot be identified on the basis of gender.

Indhu, did you think I would be so heartless as to finish off Nalini? Then you are wrong. She is the backbone of the whole story. Her love towards her husband is something divine. It's something similar to God's love towards us.

Good. I would rather say that I admire Nalini and pity her foolish husband who could not appreciate that rare love.

The entire universe rushes through that someone sent by the Almighty.

"Pain is universal; but suffering is optional" These are not my words but that of Auden one of the greatest poet of all times.

Please go ahead dear. If at all I nelinjify, I'll nelinjify in love. and that's happiness.

I am good boy, no doubt about it. But Bhanupriya will elegantly fit into that role. If you have somebody else in mind, let's discuss. I have already talked to Bhanupriya and she has agreed.

That's something I can't guarantee, dear. We have told so many people about our Chennai visit this week-end. And dropping the visit might result in ticket cancellation charges as well. If that's the case, I'll post the episode in the last minute and you will never know what happened. ha ha ha

on the whole I loved your response.

love,

6. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,

Thanks for taking part in the discussion on the removal of uterus. I was sorry to know that you are also scheduled for a hysterectomy.

All the arguments and discussion apart, I would suggest that you get two more independent professional opinions on this. Better come to Chennai for that. And then make a decision.

Though uterus can be easily removed and does not have much of a function once you cross the childbearing age, removing it just like that might have some side effects. Please don't decide unless professional opinion is unanimous.

Take care,

7. varalotti

Dear Sujatha,

I am really thrilled to know about a real-life character like Nalini. If you are still in touch with her, call her up now (or send an email) and ask her to read the story. She will be really happy.

Such bosses belong to the category of endangered species and soon will become extinct.

Thanks for the nice words.
    regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Kripa,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your first fb as well as the second. The response this time was overwhelming and I had to struggle hard to accommodate the extra time in my time management system.

By God's grace this monday was not that blue. The US stock markets remained closed on Monday. So we finished our work quite early. Regular tax work was also not much. And the phones and the DSL lines were working well.

Lakshmi of 70s and even 80s is good. But today's Lakshmi is quite old, too old for my Nalini. Sims is good. But her beauty will distract us from the strength of the character. I am not saying that beautiful women do not have strong character. But too much of beauty will be a distraction on the scene. In the movie Kandukonden squared, I found Tabu a lot better than Aish. That was because Tabu could bring in the strength of her character. Whereas Aish's beauty was a distraction.

Thanks. Yes everybody has a strong story. That was why Sethu said that much quoted passage to Sharada in the last episode. "It is easy to think that..."

If Sharada had proposed after the Nalini-incident the proposal would have got a different colour. Sharada had fallen in love even from the very first meeting. She wanted to be true to her marriage which till the last episode subsisted at least in form. So when the marriage broke, she thought of proposing. And Sharada's proposal cannot be equated with what the 18 year olds and 20 year olds do, out of physical infatuation. There is no hurry for a marriage or a physical union. Sharada had simply expressed her wish. Let's see how the events unfold.

Betrayal, shock, calamity affects different persons in different ways. When a hard stone is crushed it becomes a useless powder. But if a rose is crushed it's fragrance increases manifold and we get rose essence. Nalini had loved her husband so much that she could not bring herself to hate him or even be angry with him. I'll tell you another secret Kripa. So long as one's mind is full of love, depression can never enter it. I remember reading about an international psychiatry conference. One of the leading authorities in the field was addressing it. (I think it was Dr.Sheldon Kopp who wrote the classic, "If You Meet Buddha On the Road, Shoot Him") A journalist asked him about the cure for depression.
    People thought he would talk about psychoanalysis or anti-depressants or at least yoga and meditation. He said "Love. That's the only cure for depression. If you feel depressed just cross the railway line to the other side and do whatever you can to the people who are on the street, who are without food and who are without friends. So long as your mind is filled with love, depression would not have any room there.

Thanks, Kripa.

I am having icecreams almost daily. I am also sad for Priya and Madhavan. But the story has to go on. How long can I pull on with two timelines? So, who knows, one time-line might end a little sooner. But you have said that I am the boss. Just leave it to me. Don't worry. Sit back and relax. Everything's going to be fine.

love,

9. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir, Definitely i will call her and tell her to read the story. I spoke to her today morning. It was her wedding anniversary yesterday and i forgot to call her. So i called her today morning to give her belated greetings.

10. varalotti

Thanks, Sujatha.
    regards,