1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 11

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

A late feedback again. This time the episode was just so emotional. And superb episode. And believe me, if you had let Nalini die , then the cudgels reserved for Balki would be coming after you!!shakehead Anyway, you have escaped the dire consequences , and now we wait two more weeks for this set to make an appearance. I loved the hospital scenes, and yes i personally know quite a few people, for whom their employees and colleagues would give thier life to save them... So it was nice reading about this.

Now back to the vulture and his games next week. Oh i do hope that Madhavan ( got the name right this time!!) , gives him eye for an eye soon.

And now, i just read Vidya's post about Nalini's reaction to the hysterectomy and I must jump right in and have my words.

Vidya dear, my opinions: i loved the way Sridhar portrayed Nalini's reaction to the hysterectomy. Casual acceptance. remember her quote: Like an appendix, its useless to me!! Yes the uterus is part of the womanhood, so to speak, but our survival is not dependent on it ( if you are talking medically). And then from personal experience, i find that acceptance of something casually really helps in the long run. No feeling sorry for oneself. I must say that i am in the Nalini mold. I would accept it casually. And seriously if you look at it from her view, of what use is the uterus to her? She knows that she cannot bear children, and if her very survival is based on the removal of this useless organ , why not!! I would not think twice.( if the docs informed me before hand), or react too much or put it all as " Gods Will!! if informed later.

Vandhana

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: Part 5!

“Did you see the irony, Sethu? My uterus was like my appendix. It did not have any known purpose. The doctors told me long back that I could never become a mother. I had lost its functions already. Yesterday I just lost the form. What’s the big deal?”
    That brought tears in the eyes. After all women's eyes are not appendages!Thank God for that!

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: Part 6!

“Love is meant to be experienced, Ma’am. It is not a debt to be repaid.”
    Those were meaningful and truthful words.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,

Thanks. Well "silencers" have not yet become a part of the culture here in the South. Knives, poles and country bombs are still the favourites of the villains over here.

Like you I am also waiting for Sethu's reaction. I am happy that you liked Sethu calling Sharada by name.

I am now fully concerned with Madhavan and Priya. And you know I am losing sleep over them.

Thanks once again.

regards,

5. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    As a reader you can afford to be partial to Time-line B. But I cant afford that. I have to make-up for the week's delay in A. I have already finished the first draft for Time-line A to be released coming Friday night.

So am I, Vidya. That's the reason I am going a little slow in building up the emotions between Sethu and Sharada. Balki's villainy is quite different from that of the Vulture. The Vulture is more like Amrish Puri where as Balki is like our Tamil Villain Nambiar. Cruel, crude and silly.

Let me first thank you for raising your voice on this issue. That gives me an opportunity to explain my feelings. After reading your fb, I talked to some of the women over here and even some lady doctors. They say that Uterus has the function of maintaining harmonal balance. After uterus removal, they say, many woman grow a lot of facial hair. But, they hurried to caution me, this has not yet been documented or proved beyond doubt. When I explained the scene to my friend who is part of the Feminist movement, she said something, which I am not sure I can tell it openly here.
    But in this forum you are the moderator as well. So if you think that this violates the Forum Etiquette you may please remove it. (after reading it)
    She said, " By the same analogy can we remove the ......... of a man who is medically unfit to father a child?"
    That set me thinking for a while.
    Nalini is not treating her uterus removal as a pedicure procedure. When she says that her uterus was like her appendix, it was not to disgrace the organ of motherhood, it was just to express her profound grief. Now Nalini has two distinct instances of great grief. One, is her permanent inability to mother a child and second the removal of her uterus. The first grief is large enough to encompass the second one. So she has more a feeling of resignation than grief when the Doctor talks about the removal of uterus.

Let's say a man is convicted of several offences as a result of which he is given 1) Death penalty and 2) 10 years in prison. The principles of penal law says that death penalty would encompass the imprisonment sentence. There is no need to hang him and keep his body for ten years in prison.
    For Nalini not having a child is a kind of death sentence. Uterus removal is just an imprisonment. Naturally she does not grieve much for that.

You are not overacting. I was able to explain my stand in detail only because you pointed out this to me. In fact I took time to reply because I was mulling over this issue for a while.

I have already finished the first draft of E12 which will be in Time-line A. That involved a greater strain than writing E11.

Thanks a lot for those kind words.

regards,

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  6. varalotti

hi kripa,
    thanks. And thanks too for the words about the meeting about to be organised. But so far not even a single soul has responded. Well, that goes for "corporate organisation skills."

That was a beautiful expression and I enjoyed it.

kripa, athu thaan enakkum theriyala.

I would love Bhanupriya acting as Nalini. Simran as Sharada and of course Surya as Sethu. (Surya is a little short, but we can manage.)

Looking forward to your detailed fb.
    love,

7. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

Even I could not bear something happening to Nalini. And as she herself says the stab was the best thing that happened to her.

Now I am breaking my head to give a good vengeance plan for Sethu. Let's see. I still have two weeks time for that.

It is not that villains are always full of brainy ideas to destroy others. If our times are bad, we get caught with such brainy villains. Thiruvalluvar went one step ahead to say that if one's times are good, one's intelligence expands. But if times are bad, somehow or other foolishness comes and sits on our head.
    That's one of the rare couplets, not often quoted. Here it is
    பேதைப் படுத்தும் இழவூழ் அறிவகற்றும்
    ஆகலூழ் உற்றக் கடை

Thanks, Sudha.

regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Vidya,

Though I have a long reply to your earlier post on the issue, considering the various aspects you are bringing in, I think your second fb deserves a second, a special reply.

A girl of 18 not yet married, who had not yet become a mother undergoing hysterectomy is way different from Nalini, in her late thirties, doomed to be childless undergoing the same procedure. For the girl of 18 all her chances of motherhood are destroyed by that procedure. I can understand the grief, the shock that accompanies the removal of the organ.

My point still being- I cannot digest the 'all in a day's work' approach that Nalini has.

I will give you another example. One of my friend's wife had to undergo the procedure two years back. She has 3 daughters and one of them is married. She is in her mid forties. She took it so casually that she was shopping for the best prices and the best doctors in the city. In her case the uterus has done its duty. And her medical condition dictates its removal. She went through that happily.

I must confess Vidya that I am not a medical expert to comment on the side effects of hysterectomy. Nalini might have to face the music later. But right now that grief is submerged in her greater grief of not being able to bear a child and having lost a loving husband because of that.

I loved the discussion. You need not have to apologetic. I may use the points in your fb for another story. I am even thinking of writing a short story on the points raised by you. Of course I will give due credits to you and share my royalty with you.

Thanks for making the forum lively.

regards,

9. varalotti

Dear Vandhana,

Your feedback came at the time I started missing you. Good. Better to be late than never.

I may not be as soft as most ILites (my DW included) think. At the same time I am not that heartless to let Nalini die just like that. At least considering my own safety I wont do that. If I had done, I would have to face the wrath of 15000 plus ILites.

Hospitals are places where you see love in action. And sickness and danger are times where love makes itself felt and appreciated.

I had my own Monday morning blues yesterday. I was slightly depressed too. And thought that would be the best time to pen Timeline A, the 12th episode. I have done the first draft. Let's see how it comes.

We'll have to wait for another two weeks to see this cast again.
    Thanks for the fb, Vandhana.
    regards,

10. varalotti

Re: Part 6!

Dear Malathi,

Thanks for the short,sweet fb. About the uterus part already a hot discussion is going on. I was really concerned that nobody has noticed this love part. Although I have to admit that Indhu said that this was the only sentence that stayed in her mind after she finished reading the episode.

Thanks a lot, Malathi.
    regards,