1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 1

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Nov 10, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna,

I am sorry I had you to put to pain of reading my serial sitting before your computer. (Well, if you want my readings lying down on a bed or sofa,let me know. I have published a book of English short stories which you can read in hard copy form)

This serial is like what you read in magazines. There is no other way than to wait for seven days. In the interval you can be thinking about the serial and I will be busy writing the next episode. After all Saturday is less than 144 hours. Time will fly.

Thanks for the reading. And a greater thanks for the waiting.
    regards,

2. varalotti

Hi Malspie,

I am now happy that I chose the title HE. I owe it to my friend who chose the title for my earlier serial SHE. For this serial I dropped the S and continued. I am happy that the title "licked your brain" and brought you in.
    Welcome aboard, Malspie.

Your observations are quite sharp. And in a few cases you have thought exactly like how I did when I wrote the piece.

I too am waiting for where my mind is going to take me. Believe me I have not yet written the second episode.

But HE is a story with two different timelines. You will know the import of this statement this Saturday.

To you and other ILites Saturday is in the distant future. But for me who has to write the whole thing before that, it looks quite near. We have less than 144 hours to go.

Please wait, madam.

Incidentally I read your profile. Quite interesting.
    regards,

3. varalotti

Dear Ms. Rajameenakshi,
    (I had to prefix the Ms. as you had prefixed the Mr.)
    Thanks. And do make it a point to write a feedback too.
    This virundhu is not just for Diwali, but with God's grace, will be a Saturday Feast, week after week.
    regards,

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

Very few find my profile interesting... and you are one of them.

For a writer to post an entire episode with so many rolling eyes around is a real task.. but not for you who can do it easily I am sure...

Searching for the 2nd episode... :eek:mg: a full week to go...

Bye

5. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Excellant beginning - these words are not enough to praise u ! I was impressed very much by the qualities & nature ( of course the looks too ! ...feeling jealous ? ! ? ) of Madhavan ! If ur story is taken as a movie none other than our chocolate hero ' maddy ' will be the most suitable person for Madhavan character ( see the coincidense of the names too ! ) , isnt'it ? ! ? I was moved when he denied the gifts that were given to him by the heartless rich lady . That's the spirit ! And Priya's reply to Madhavan at the end was really touching ... Poor Priya ..Ur narration is lovely & lively !
    Now ... will u please clear my doubt ? It's not about 'HE' ...but about u & ur comments ! U've replied to my FB in ur 'curtain raiser ' thread like this :

"And Indhu while on this, let me warn you, what I write is not about my feelings but what I think my characters would feel under the given circumstances. No writer can simply write his feelings and sell his work. "
    In ur reply to Chithra in this thread ' HE - 1 ' u 've written like this :

A writer's work will be authentic only if he had undergone a similar experience personally.

Aren't the 2 statements contradictory ? :idontgetit: I beg ur pardon for asking this silly ( ? ) doubt of mine . I'm ready to undergo any sort of punishment if i am wrong !

Can't wait till next saturday as all others feel like ! But ... Osho's wonderful words quoted by u help me wait patiently till u present us the next interesting episode !
    Love & regards ,
    Indhu .

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti
    Yes I would love to have a copy of the book if you can give me the name of the book might arrange to get it from India. No problem will wait for 144 hrs. As it is really interesting and worth waiting.

7. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

Thanks for those kind words. I also had Madhavan in mind when I described my main character. Of course I made some changes. I gave my height to the hero. (6' 1") but of course not my looks.
    As you know better than anybody else my technique of story writing is just writing the screenplay. First I describe the scene and then make the characters enter the scene at the right time. Then comes the dialogue.

Why talk about punishments, dear? Of all the persons you have the first and foremost right to question me, whether publicly in a forum like this, or in the privacy of our house.

Honestly Indhu, I wrote one full page of arguments defending my stand. When I read it, I found the arguments too strong. Didn't you remember my telling you that I am defenceless before you?
    Now if I start defending myself elaborately, would I not be creating another contradiction?
    Let me just say this. A writer and more particularly your husband is a bundle of contradictions. And poor you, you have to live with such contradictions. At times contradictions add spice to our lives.

Thanks for your post.
    love,

8. varalotti

Hello Aruna,
    My English Book of 13 short stories is available on line. (It's available on-line only)

Please click the link "My New Book" appearing below my signature. It will take you to the post which describes how to order the book.

If you can read Tamil, to know about the availability of my Tamil books, click the following links:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/v...hort-serial/1821-my-first-books-out-seek.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/v...t-serial/4043-my-next-set-books-released.html

Thanks for the interest evinced in my writings.
    regards,

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Ok Sridhar,
    I wont prefix Mr. hereafter. Thanks for the timely warning. From friends I dont like to be prefixed or suffixed with any thing except Rajameenakshi or Rajmi or Meenakshi or Meena as they like.

Yes would definitely taste the feast week after week. One small request, please dont make the serial a short one, ungal karpanai kudirai paranthu virindu periya virundaga padaika vendum.

I would love to read the same story in Tamil too. If you permit will translate it or if you are doing it already please post it side by side so that we could read it in Tamil too which will be a much more great feast.

Konjam adhiga presangithanamaga irundal I am sorry.

10. varalotti

Thanks Rajameenakshi for dropping the prefix Mr. I am planning about 12 episodes, give or take two.

I will translate the story in Tamil myself. But let me do it in the end. My publishers are interested in a novel. I might use this in the same way I published my first serial The Haunted House as a Tamil Novel. So, let me do the translation myself, please.

Thanks.

PS. I love adhigaprasanghithanam.

regards,