1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Take the 100 Days Positivity Challenge : Join Here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Hawaii Trip with 18mo old

Discussion in 'Travel' started by azrad26, Jun 1, 2010.

1. azrad26

azrad26 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

We are planning a 5-6 night trip to Hawaii (Big Island) later in the year with our 18mo old. Problem is that we would really like to stay in "luxury" accommodation and almost none of them have a kitchen or even a kitchenette. We are really confused about whether or not a condo with a kitchen (or even a kitchenette in a hotel) is absolutely necessary with a baby, or can we get by without it. Most hotel have a refrigerator & microwave.

Would appreciate insights from anyone who's been to Hawaii or similar place with a toddler and what you did for food. Any recommendations for places to stay on Big Island?

Thanks in advance!

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hi there, I think if the hotel has a fridge and a microwave...that would be more than sufficient. You could always take microwavable food and store there in the fridge and heat it whenever ready for lunch/dinner.

You can take your baby food too and store there in fridge...that way it is easy for you. I don't think it is really necessary to look for hotels having kitchens. But if you feel it is necessary then look for individual condos/cabins or cottages, they would be having kitchens.

I would still say stick with a hotel which has microwave and a fridge...and carry all the necessary food with you for your baby.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010