Having irregular periods but no PCOs. Any idea?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Neerajadutt, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Neerajadutt

Neerajadutt New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    I am neeraja. I really need your valuable suggestions.

My problem is i had an irregular periods and I went to see a doc and doc told that I am having PCOs in last year October 2013 and I took meditations for that. I got my periods regularly for 5 months. I got my last period is April 2014 after that until today I did not get my period. I went to see a doc on June 6th and doc did an scanning and told me that right now I don't have PCOs. The problem has been resolved.

He suggested me to wait for 2weeks and see if the period comes or not. I am not pregnant (confirmed through urine test and scanning). Again I went to see the do on 30th June because I did not get my period after April 2014.

on Monday he suggested me that I have to for a blood test and I did it now I am waiting for my results.

my main concerns is what could be the reason of having irregular periods other than PCOS. I am so worried is there any serious problem.

Other than PCOS problem what are the causes of irregular periods?
    Please give your valuable suggestions so that next time when I go an see a doc I can ask him.

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Neerajadutt,

Welcome to IL :)

Other than PCOs the following could be a cause for irregular cycle
    1. Thyroid levels - Blood test of TSH,T3,T4 will let you know
    2. Annovulatory cycles - elevated PRL levels results in annovulatory cycles . With annovulatory cycle for some the period will be regular and for others it will be reverse . Blood test of PRL as to be taken
    3. Hormonal imbalance - Test your LH

hope the doctor identifies the issue and give you peace . Don't worry dear . Soon everything will fall in place .

Good luck