1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Having hypothyroid. Got periods twice this month. need ur advice

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Divya04, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Divya04

Divya04 New IL'ite

Hi... friends I am new to this site , I just need some advice regarding my health probs
    Its almost one yr that I got married and past 5 months I had irregular mensus which I never had so we consult a doctor and she said that I have pcos and mild thyroid. And m taking thyroxine 12.5mg . But after march 17 I had my period on july 4th but within 14 days I had my second menses which is on july 17 and it was light red in colour and I've breast pain tooo . Can anyone suggest my what is happening and what I have to do.

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Divya ,

Welcome to indusladies .

With thyroid and PCOS irregular period is quite commin . What was your TSH reading ?
    Is it 12.5 mg or 1.25 mg ? As I feel the dosage is little high .
    Also while starting thyroid tablets do check your levels 2 months once dear.
    I myself had period twice in a month when I was 12 because of the thyroid levels and with medicines it got cured . Do check the reading agin and do follow your docs advise .

Take care

3. Divya04

Divya04 New IL'ite

Hi sis ,
    Thank u so much for ur reply. Ya sure and doctor ask me to cme after two months. Actually last mnth oly we found that I ve thyroid and because of that I have irregular menses but this time I had my menses on july 4th and july 17th but second time it lasts only for two days but still I have breast pain . Is der any probs.
    Thank u take care.

4. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

is by any chance you are pregnant?
    sounds like implantation bleeding to me.........

5. Divya04

Divya04 New IL'ite

Hi 6teenpearls,
    Since I had my periods within 14 days I have doubt on it so I didn't take any pregnancy test. Can u suggest ur ideas and help me with ur advice. Thanku for ur reply and take care.

6. Divya04

Divya04 New IL'ite

my TSH level is 7.75 uIU/MI

7. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Hi Divya ,

Was it a bleeding or a spotting for the second time ? If it's just spotting then as pearls mentioned it could be implantation too.. But if the flow was like your period flow then you must discuss on this with your gynic on your next visit .

7.75 is high dear but with proper medication it will come under control . So don't worry .
    You can take HPT to confirm whether you are pregnant or not but considering your LMP I feel it's too early to check the same .

Good luck

8. Divya04

Divya04 New IL'ite

Hi luckwaves,
    Thank u so much sis. During thyroid test doc said my prolactin level is 32.20 ng/ml other than that no probs. And i ll chk wit HPT kit. Take care.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

divya i think the dosage should be mcg. 12.5 mcg is not a high dose. Dosage is recommended by the doctor as per the need of the body after checking the lab reports.

Harmones are interconnected. You need not worry. Take your medicines regularly without missing them. Just follow healthy lifestyle, eating habits. Develop some hobby in case you don't have one. Keep yourself cheerful which is the first and foremost requirement for any treatment. You may feel low or depressed but that is due to harmonal changes. That time try to talk to a person whom you love so much, watch some comedy programme, divert your mind into spiritual things, listen to nice song, a slow evening walk, etc and cheer up.

best wishes.

10. Divya04

Divya04 New IL'ite

Hi mimur9,
    Thank u so much for ur reply. Ya its mcg. And ur ryt some time I feel depressed and also will ve head ache and tensed. That time I use to talk wit. My parents r else will go out for wlk wit husb. Thank u for ur advice ..... take care.....