1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Having a sweet sister is like having a best friend whatever you do, they’ll be there

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 13, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child. ~Barbara Alpert

A sister is someone who listens when U talk,
    Laughs when U laugh , and
    holds your hand when you cry…..

Me and my sister are best of friends. She is very simple, loving, God fearing and never expects anything from anyone but always ready to help anyone. Before marriage we had good times. She always thinks about God and reads lot of spiritual books. One day we both recited one prayer on Lord Murugan from morning till evening without a break. When she sings any songs on Lord she gets very emotional and cant sing. She likes to put Rangoli especially in front of God and after marriage everyday she used to go the tempe and put Rangoli there.

Before marriage we always used to be together. Any new saree she will give me first to wear saying you wear it nicely. Also in her office some people used to be jealous when they used to see some of her sarees. She does not like when someone is jealous , then future she wont do something which will make others jealous. I always like to enjoy life and wait for the opportunity. She is my elder sister , so always treats me like a child. But so sad that after marriage she was not in Bombay and settled down in Delhi. We never used to get much chance to meet because both were working and she used to have reponsbilities. But we always used to keep in touch with each other by writing letters that too long one. But that was years back now we keep in touch everyday by talking on phone. Either she will phone or I will phone. But she is a person who is always busy , half an hour she takes a break during the day. She has luxurious life , servants to do the job of assisting her but still she wont sit idle and do something or other. She wants everything to be perfect.

If I had a luxurious house and other facilities like her I would have enjoyed more than her. God knows whom to give what . He must have thought in case He gives me luxuriouslife then I might forget Him. Thats why He gives me pains to know the value of everything. I feel my sister is the best sister in the world. When I tell her that I share my experience and my problems in this site and that I get loving feedbacks from everyone here , she says you shoud cry out your problems to God, you will get peace. For which I told her I see God in everyone thats why I share with them. Eachone's way of thinking is different. Only those who enjoy life will know how to enjoy

5 people like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Re: Having a sweet sister is like having a best friend whatever you do, they’ll be t

:wow: it is great of you to praise your sister, TRUE, loving affectionate relationship between sisters is more than Friendship. Unfortunately I was not blessed with one... :hide:

Thanks for sharing, Happy 2013 year ahead... May Baba bless your home always and keep Mrs & Mr.Iyer fit and Healthy

2 people like this.
  3. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

Re: Having a sweet sister is like having a best friend whatever you do, they’ll be t

well i too have two sisters, both different but very helpful to me. one cooks and the other gifts me my favourite things. we have our fights too. but the love is more . i am alive inspite of my bad divorce, because of my sisters and my nephew. who have given me a new meaning to live again

4 people like this.
  4. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

My self and my sister were tom and jerry before her marriage,after her marriage she left to another place,i still remember the chocolates and levis jeans she bought for me.
    I am too friendly,chatterbox and she is some what adamant reserved person.
    We used to have several cat fights ,but feeling of one-ness is always there.Thank god!

3 people like this.
  5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

It is so interesting to read about both of you sisters. What a nice feeling you have, when you say that your sister being elder treats you like a child. I wonder at your parents, particularly your mother, who have been the reason for such excellent relationship between you both.

May Baba bless you both sisters for many many happy years ahead!

Happy Pongal to you, Yes ofcourse to your lovely sister too.

3 people like this.
  6. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear viji,

You are lucky to have a beautiful sister. I have three sisters and I am the oldest of all. The most I enjoy talking in this world is with my sisters....My two sisters live in India and third one lives in Chicago. So I always miss seeing them regularly but when we talk over the phone and at the end when the batteries of phone dies then we realize that it had been almost 3-4 hours we kept on talking for. The fun part is that I finish all my chores around the house like cooking, cleaning,laundry while I am talking with them so everything feels like finished in no time.

Love,
    Bhavna

3 people like this.
  7. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Thats so cute bhavna ji

2 people like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

whenI read about your snippet on sisters, I was reminded of a song I was first introduced to through a serial called "Mad about you"! It is originally from the movie "White Christmas" and simply so lovely. Hope you enjoy it Rosemary Clooney And Vera Ellen - Sisters (From "White Christmas" 1954) - YouTube It is lovely and speaks volumes!

Of course I am blessed with a lovely younger sister too!

1 person likes this.
  9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

I could so relate to your post because you and your sis are exactly like my aunt and my mother.I have told you this before, of course :)
    all my life I have wanted a sister but never had one. this time when I visited my bro I can tell you very truthfully that I no more feel the need. My SIL is the BEST.. I did all the things with her that I would have done with my sis and she is surely the sister (younger)that I never had this life.:)

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to get a superfast first fb from a Sai Bhakth. Feel Lord Sai has blessed me. Thanks for your good wishes and wish you and your family too a good year ahead and Happy Pongal