Having a bird in a cage

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by kanaka Raghavan, May 27, 2010.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I read in one of magazines about having a bird in a cage.When you have birds ,never leave them alone.They feel very very insecured.Atleast,place a mirror inside the cage,they feel secure and think that someone is around and feel happy.

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi. i love birds flying high in the sky instead being caged. i personally feel very sad for birds which have been caged because they look very sad inside and keep cripping around. parthaaley rhombhaa paavamaa erukum.

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

I 100% agree with Pavithra .. thats why I will never encourage anyone to have birds :-(

let them be where they rightfully belong .. up in the skies

cheers

Bhooma

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I too agree with Pavithra and Bhooma.
    Somewhere I have also read that for every one bird we buy, 7 birds are killed. i.e. so many many birds die when bred for these commercial purposes.

5. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

I too dont like to see birds in cage. Even fish in small glass bowls. And hamsters , guini pigs, squirrils and rabbits in cardboard cartons.

Why should we put free animals in jail for our entertainment ? In zoo also, I feel sad. Only some Zoos have big open areas to keep at least some animals.

6. craftsmaster

craftsmaster New IL'ite

One of the options is to hang the towel down approximately four to five inches all round the structure. This action creates something like a sanctuary. The effect of flying into this shrouded area is much like flying high into the branches of a tree to remain out of sight. Be sure though to put the baby bird in the cage after you place the towel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
  7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Friends

I dont know what to say, but i cant second you, i feel its your perspective , thats all i can say, i first felt i should not enter and reply, but i want to say few words

I have LOVE BIRDS IN CAGE, heard that LOVEBIRDS IS CAGE BIRDS only, they cant fly high like other birds, if they do, they will be killed and swallowed imm'ly by other birds, and other pet animal like dog and cat, initialy when my hubby bought that, i too fel like you people , after hearing from others , i changed my mind

We have big cage for them so that enough space to fly, taking them utmost careand treating them like my own children, feeding them with highly nuturitious food / vitamin tonics , fresh fresh veggies , nuts ( apart from their regular food called THINAI in tamil ) , giving them mineral water to drink, totally ROYAL 7 STAR TREATMENT , you can ask CAGE-LA DHANAY VECHURUKAY, yes, its cage only, but iam sure if i let them out their life is over

Heard all creatures will fight for survival every fraction of second, thatoo birds life is very tough

dont know whether iam right , just sharing my opinion

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

And,

Definitely not having it for breeding and selling it, definitely not for trade purpose, having myself all the newcomers also

9. ranjuz

ranjuz Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I too agree with not caging birds, animals etc. Not only that but also troubling them after bringing to town from forest for human being's fun like elephants, dolphins, birds etc.
    Here daily I put some raw rice & dhal. Birds will come, eat & go... I m so happy to see that unlike inside cage.

10. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi pals,

Though I totally agree with all and am against caged birds, I would like to add that our friend LataMurali is absolutely right as far as the love birds are concerned .
    They will not survive if left to fend for themselves in the free open spaces as other larger birds or animals will devour them.
    Lata , you really are a genuine bird lover and your pet birdies are very fortunate to have you as their mother / grandma figure.It was heartwarming to read about the care you lavish on them .
    We, at home are all dog lovers and treat our 2 doggies as our very own kids and accord the same 7 star treatment as you said !!