1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Having a baby in the US

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by jpstar, Oct 21, 2007.

1. jpstar

jpstar New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    :)

Some of you have your babies born in the US. I request you to please list down all the costs that you incurred for reference of those who may plan to have a baby in the near future. e.g.

(1) Prenatal office visits, medicines, vaccinations for you (if any), parenting / exercise classes you attended, hospital childbirth (normal/ epidural/ C-section), any official formalities, etc.

(2) For the baby - initially till say the baby is a year old - medicines, vaccines, readymade feeds, clothes, diapers, toiletries, toys, stroller, car seat, etc.

(3) Any contingency expenses that one has to save for.

Most importantly, I am interested in knowing how much the insurance company pays and how much does one pay from one's pocket? Which insurance is the best for someone of a child bearing age?

:thankyou2:

P.S. I don't want to sound like a person who is putting a price on such a noble aspect of life as having kids. It's just to have an idea and plan accordingly. I hope my sincere intentions are not mistaken here. :notthatway:

P.P.S. I had posted this thread in "labor & delivery" section but then realized that this would be a more apt place. Sorry for the repetition.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Did you furnished with any external source for your query?if so please share here with us.
    I got this link in Google.Hope to be useful for those who may plan to have a baby in the future.
    Average Cost of Having A Baby in USA and Canada

Thanks