1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Having 2.5year old kid.No h-1b visa.Want to do MS?suggestions please.?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by vaishnavilakshmi, Apr 6, 2007.

1. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,

I passed my MCA in 2003,got married same year and came here .I had boy in october-2004 .I have a 2.5year boy now.I tried applying for H-1B visa this time.My sponsorer didnt send me the list of documents which he needed from me before 2nd April.He emailed me on 2nd april asking for the documents and no use..I sent but..not use..Finally I missed..

Now the question of what to do sitting at home ????????My husband suggests me to change my h4 visa to f1 visa ,do my MS here in USA so that i can get H-1b visa easily since there are more opportunities for the people who earned masters degree from USA.

So if anyone can suggest me here:Iam scared to give GRE exam..having a naughty kid,how can i prepare for that..Is there any facility wherein we can convert to f1 visa and study MS here without giving GRE exam.?????Or any other education which can be done on f1 visa and which would fetch me h-1bvisa atleast next year..

Plz suggest me friends..Iam in hurry now..

awaiting for ur golden suggestions,
    vaishu

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Though its tough, if you are interested you can still try and do your MS.
    What have you decided ?

3. meenan

meenan New IL'ite

Hi vaisnavilakshmi

Even i am trying to do MS and also started with my GRE.Yes it is tough to study after a long gap and also with a kid but if u make up your mind you can do it.If you have ur husband support then it wont seem much difficult.There are options to do without GRE also ,there are many online courses.which ever University you are planning to go, you can call them and ask for online options.