1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you used onion juice for your hair growth

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by menakaa, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Jcab

Jcab New IL'ite

I am new here and I want to share my experience with onion juice for growing hair. Three years ago I lost a lot of hair from meds. I had a bald spot on my front hairline as well which was hard to miss. I quit the meds and eventually the hairfall I experienced slowed down. Unfortunately my hair was not growing. I tried minoxidil with some results but it was expensive and very drying which caused unwanted breakage. This past August I started juicing onions. Every night I juice a red onion, celery, carrot and one potato and I drink it. I won't lie it's yucky. Every other night I apply this same combination to my scalp and hair. I wash my hair, pour the juice in an empty hair dye bottle and apply. I use a little coconut oil on top of the mixture and wrap my hair in a towel and go to bed. In the morning I rinse it out, condition my hair and style as usual.
    I am on my third month and my hair is growing like a weed. It took a month before I noticed baby hairs. These baby hairs are now getting longer and I am still getting new ones. The best part? Thicker and shinier hair. No more split ends. I could not be happier! Does the smell bother me? Yes, but not enough for me to stop and go back to the hair I used to have....no way. My husband is starting to thin on his crown and wants to try this now that he sees my hair growth. It really works and you have to be patient. I am going to continue doing this for several more months because I love having thick shiny hair. Who wouldn't?