1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Participated In A Quiz?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Oct 24, 2016.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Many of us feel uncomfortable with the word ' QUIZ' and we tend to distance ourselves as it is considered to be the prerogative of the brainy few.
    But ,in fact,all of us are participating in the quiz programme extending thro life,the Quiz master being the powerful force of Destiny.
    There are 5 important differences between the two programmes
    1.In the common quiz conducted, there is only one correct answer for each question,but here the answer varies from person to person ,time to time & place to place.
    2.In normal quiz,the person scoring less is out automatically, but here irrespective of his scores,the player is automatically elevated to the next stage.
    3.In life Quiz no one is allowed to withdraw from the game,for whatever reasons cited.
    4.At a time there will be one stage,quarterfinal,semi final or final, but in life quiz there is a beautiful admixture of various sessions,with individual identity.
    5.The Quiz master is invisible
    A.The inaugural session starts with simple questions"boy.or girl''? what is the significance of the baby's symphany of noises,screams,whistles,coughs,burps amidst cooing,humming,or laughing and whether crying indicates hunger,need,dissatisfaction or distress and how is it that the child starts imitating adult expression of sadness,happiness & surprise without any rehearsal etc etc.
    B.Next comes WINDY SESSION in which the player faces questions in child upbringing,baby health care, play schools etc

At this stage the child also becomes a participant to the quiz
    C.In the Booming Session tuffer questions such as whether the child needs a highly structured environment or something more free & flexible,how should parents deal with the struggles of children relating to instinct of possession,power group entry ,peer pressure etc etc.arise
    D.storming Session starts with teen age problems,with the following questions
    Is the teen ager not entitled to create a new image of himself( separate identity) independent of his parents?
    Why do parents yell,scold and pass sarcastic comments about their children?why do the parents not converse in a neutral tone to the teen age son/daughter?
    Is it not the duty of parents to guide the children to fix their problems & help them assert their independence?
    Amidst finding answers to the above puzzles, both the players are elevated to the
    E.Breezy Session in which love affairs and dreams of selecting the life partner peep through.
    A lovely participation by the second generation.
    F.After a brief pleasant session,follows a Gale session which may turn into a CYCLONE or TEMPEST SESSION
    The puzzles or conflicts relate to choice of career plans and getting into wedlock.While parents base their decision ,driven by financial concerns,ego & wishful thinking,the retort from the boy/girl " marriage without consent is a violation of fundamental human rights of self determination'' plunges the parents into grief.
    The Nature(quiz master) throws both boys & girls into conflicts of love marriage vs arranged marriage.
    In arranged marriages ,it starts in a blank slate,& understanding has to start afresh.
    In love marriages, there is ample time for understanding each other before marriage and the possibility of comfort level may be high. But since expectations are alredy set, even a small descent may result in disappointment.
    After a lot of conflicts, puzzles & compromises ,next session starts.
    G.Windy & Cloudy Sessions ;Consist of profession specific problems & tackling of human relations within.
    Meanwhile in the domestic front,the controversies relating to home building,education of children , & investment plans need resolve.
    This may be followed by another Tsunami Session if there are adolescent boys & girls of the next generation.
    History repeats after 30 years.
    H.Occasionally there is Hurricane & Tornado Session at times of critical illness( cancer) to somebody at home.There are arguments and counter arguments reg Chemotherapy vs Radiation,Settling of huge medical bills etc throwing everybody out of gear.

I.Sympathised Quiz master distributes a relatively easy question paper denoting arrival of grand children & a BREEZY atmosphere.
    .The quiz master is silent.But the player has umpteen questions.
    How skilful I have been in solving the puzzles?
    Have I been really successful?
    I am really fed up .Disgust & despair reign supreme.I have developed an obsession towards questions & answers.
    I feel that I can have a carefree life in a "3 star Senior citizens'home.To my shock, the authorities extend a long questionnaire containing 48 questions seeking the history of my sons & daughters.
    Totally frustrated I return home when lot of shoutings are heard from my neighbour's residence.That old lady of 85 breathed her last. There again a conflict arises.It is reliably learnt that crematotoria may not accept bodies with foreign bodies(pace makers inside).Strangely enough, the corpse is being admitted into a private nursing home with heavy Admission charges.With pace maker removed there is a happy ending with conflict.Even corpses are not free from quiz!

Questions & questions!Puzzles & never ending problems from the CRADLE to the COFFIN!!
    I am restless,tumultuous,totally at a loss.
    I know no prayers,I know no poojas.I know only problems.
    I have nothing to offer to God.
    I have a big garland of puzzles and conflicts strewn through a very strong thread of vanity,ego and pride & I offer myself to God along with this long accumulated problems.
    The silent smile of the quiz master seems to convey neither success or failure but a store house of experiences,both positive and negative.
    Our scores are never conveyed.The players' credit points are directly taken into account for the next play,probably in the next birth.
    Let players love the platform,love the master, love the problems & live with problems without caring for credits.
    Is this the same as what Bhagavat Gita Preaches?
    Perhaps we adhering to Gita without our own knowledge!!

Jayasala 42

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Easy to say... hard to do!! :smile: Arumaiyana snippet maam..

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,
    Very true about cycle of life.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Vaidehi

4. jayasala42

Dear Sparkle,

Thank you for the response.Whether we love the quiz or not we are forced to be a party
    to it life long.
    Jayasala 42

Sparkle likes this.
  5. jayasala42

Dear vaidehi,
    Thanks for the response.

Wish you happy Deepavali.Busy in making bhakshanams.
    Jayasala 42

vaidehi71 likes this.
  6. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,
    Thanks a lot for your wishes. Wish you and your family happy Deepavali.
    Vaidehi