1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Ever Seen Karma On Those That Have Treated You Badly When Married?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Patientone, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

Like if you treated someone nice and something nice happened to you in return. Or if someone treated you badly and got their just desserts in return.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Karma is an excuse to make people feel better about the happenings in their life .
    God helps those who want to better themselves instead of waiting for karma to strike others.

The best revenge is to live a good life.

That is the only thing in our hand .

lavani, lavii, Sunshine04 and 13 others like this.
  3. Punnu

Punnu New IL'ite

No! In my case, my ILs played dirty family politics on me knowing that I am all alone with no backing...nothing happened to them, they have prospered and I carried bitterness till I realized its not good for my health.....The best solution to people treating you badly is distancing from them physically and emotionally.....you dont do bad karmas by not serving your ILs....this is your precious life, you are not harming them, you just want to value your life and live peacefully...

anika987 and Vaikuntha like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Not many believe in Karma. But, if you are a believer, it feels different to you.

Karma, left to operate on its own time-scale, can be very very slow. May even span a couple of incarnations: like, you do bad now, and bad happens in the next birth kind of deal. Very very slow returns to investment of either good or bad.

Whatever is happening to you right now may even be the accounts-receivables from the accrued bad/good Karma from the prior outing of your own soul.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. DXBDesi

DXBDesi Silver IL'ite

I have seen the opposite happen, not sure how to phrase it though:

One person (could be spouse, sibling or parent) criticizes me for another for doing something, I pay some attention even if do not follow what they want me to do

Then years later, the same person does the same thing I was being criticized for, with their own justifications on how they can do it even though I could not

Amazes me how some people can pretend they forgot what they grandly said some time back.....

anika987, Soch and Vaikuntha like this.
  6. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I believe in karma and notice it's outcome most of the time.

drdiva, shama146 and deeparull like this.
  7. abez

abez New IL'ite

I am not sure!
    But are we supposed to wait for karma.
    Sometimes, especially in the indian societies too much is expected out of women, and we dont have any boundaries.
    Thankfully with every generation its getting better bit by bit. But how long do we need for karma to take its toll!

8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I have seen karma working in my family.
    The issue is karma is very slow. Takes a long time to do her work

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Karma is like the kaamwali bai. Have to put in lot of effort to make her reliable. Even then, she can fail to show up on important occasions or show up very late. It is best to invest in good quality kitchen appliances, reduce dependency on her. As mentioned in a post above, the best revenge is a life well-lived. So, equip yourself such that when the kaamwali bai shows up after an absence, instead of being blase about her truancy, she is worried you might say you don't really need her services.

Karma is a good prop to gently lean on when you want to accept that you cannot do anything about another person's bad actions. Casually believe in "his/her karma will catch up with him/her" and then move on to living that well-lived life.

SCA, satchitananda, sbonigala and 4 others like this.
  10. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Well written
    I miss kam wali bai, more than mere desh ki mitti