1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Ever Been In Love?

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Aug 19, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Have You Ever Been In Love

2. vvanand

vvanand Senior IL'ite

Wow......Its true what you said, "‘We don’t deserve you, Lord. We don’t deserve somebody half as loving as you are. And yet, my Lord, please save us from this loveless state.’

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,

Welcome to the blogspace, you are here with a bang, are continuing the fireworks..

did you really need to hit the nail so strong with saying "We don't deserve you,...."

when my kids ask me how much you love us/dad..i always say that if love can be quantified, then it cannot be love. i believe God never quantifies his love to us. he has been too liberal in showering his blessings, his presence and even to forgive all our mistakes.

4. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Exceptionally written sir.Glad to see your blog at last.Sorry i can't agree with you about us deserving God.A child never loves his/her parent in the initial stages yet do we say he/she doesn't deserve the parents' love?Its the same about God too. I agree we are not children but we should know better.But ignorance make us childish i feel. Maturity comes with knowledge .God being god knows it all and loves us just like a parent does his/her children.Hope i haven't offended you with my views.
    regards,
    vijji

5. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar sir,

I could never guess what you had in this blog when I read the title. It was exceptional, your way of making us understand such concepts is truly very amazing. Simple things told in simple words but give a very strong impact. Wow, your are great!!!

Regards,
    Shrikha

6. varalotti

Dear Viji,
    thanks a lot for being the first person to comment. To do boni. By the way I made a small change in the last line of the blog which you have quoted. Only to more powerfully express what I had to say.

Thanks once again, Viji.

love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Shanthi,
    thanks a lot for according a kind welcome. I used to serve a full-fledged 16-course dinner in my forums. Now here in blog space I am serving fast food (of course not junk food) in small packets for quick consumption.

I still feel that I have not hit the nail hard enough. I made one correction in the last line. Still I want it to be stronger. But God has not blessed me with the right words.

You are absolutely right about the impossibility of quantifying love. It's not a quantity but a state of being. If there existed some kind of a "lov-meter" all our hypocrisies in the area of religion would have been exposed.

thanks for sanctifying my blogspace with your presence.
    sridhar

8. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Loved it!!! Love... such a wondeful feeling, makes you melt!! Beautifully written.. like you said in your reply.. fast food! short and sweet and to the point, i know each time i think of certain rituals we have i feel we should not take it to the literal sense and only follow doing that. But get the inner meaning to really understand what our forefathers were trying to teach us. when i see nature and its extraordinary beauty i feel the love of God, how much he has given for us to enjoy, how are we to repay?.
    Aparna

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

superb one sridhar sir

specially the pooja room depiction...sooo very true!!! when you started the blog at first I thought where is Sridhar sir going with all this...why sudden mention of these love stories, maro charithra etc..etc...no one can give better examples than what you gave in here!!

Gods love towards us can never ever be compared to any kind or form or anyones love.....he is the ultimate supreme

thanks again for posting this

10. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Sridhar Sir

Superb!!!!! The comparison of Mr.X's love room and the pooja room is wonderful. It is true that we wrie pages of Sriramajayam, chant 108 potri's and what not....once out of th epooja room it is like " non interfernce in personal and love life".....
    Initially I didn't know where this is going with all th elove stories.... but the end is really thought provoking.
    Regards,
    Viji