1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever been bored of being good to others!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Jun 14, 2007.

1. raxxsach

raxxsach New IL'ite

hi ...I DONT THINK IT IS BORING TO BE GOOD UNLESS U R NOT GETTING IN ANY KIND OF PROBLEM FOR TAT ...I MEAN PHYSICAL WORK OR MONETARY LOSS...IT BOOSTS UR EGO U START BELIVEING U R A G8 PERSON.....AND WHO KNOWS U MIGHT GET PAID FOR IT IN UR LIFE.........WHO DOESNT ENJOY BEING PREACHER YAAR..........IN THIS COUNTRY U HARDLY GET PPL AND IF U R GETTING SOME WHO WANT ADVICE TOOOO...........WOW

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanaja,

Read this thread today and am highly impressed. You have started a great thought process with this thread and the responses from the members were very interesting.
    I was deeply impressed by Varalotti's words which I have quoted below. It made a mark on me because I too feel the same. If you are being good to others, it is not something which you plan and carry out. It just happens. It comes from within. Like Chithra has said, you cannot pretend to be good for long. You either are or not good ! So, when goodness emanates from you naturally, where is the thought for boredom? It is another matter that my goodness maybe taken for a ride by others, that I may not get it back either. But then, if I am good, I am not thinking in those terms!
    The saying on the T-shirt has another intonation..being good can be boring...from other's point of view I guess. Yes, if I am being good, I am behaving and not creating scenes or drama..hence I may come across as a boring person. But if I am good, do I care? :))

L, Kamla

"If you are good to others and are bored by that fact, then you are not good. I am harsh, but it is true. Those who are bored by their goodness are only faking good; they are not really good. An insurance salesman has to be very good to his prospects; and that makes his job the most stressful one. (Beleive me I have been an insurance salesman a few times)
    Real goodness is unadulterated enthusiasm. My prescription for a healthy relationship is not being good to others; but being true to oneself. That is the ultimate goodness we can give to others.
    Being good is good. But if one cant be good, at least one can be authentically bad and not faking good. "........
    By Varalotti

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Vanaja, nice thread you have started. I think it is a quality some people have , never being bored being good to others. I am of that sort. i firmly resolve not to be good to people who have hurt me when i have done them a good turn, but the very next time, they come to me for help, i can never refuse them .
    yes people have taken advantage of me, but i just let it go and continue ....

Vandhana

1 person likes this.
  4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

i think noone get bored of being good but they get frustrated when they get something really bad in return which bores automatically, it never means that person stop being good.

bye

5. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

You have come out with a different answer regarding the T-shirt words. Given a good thought. Thank you.

regards,

Vanaja

6. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Vandana,

I think you anger stays no longer. Good nature.

regards,

Vanaja

7. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Padma,

As per your words - you being good - but the results frustrates you - automatically you get bored. The T-shirt implies the same. But I understood you do not. See Good, Be Good, Do Good.

regards,

Vanaja

1 person likes this.
  8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Being good comes from within only, otherwise we cannot fake it for long. We get bored because we get only bad most of the times. Even then we cannot be bad so we go on being good- by not wanting to hurt the other person. Many times we cannot be true to ourselves and be bad. And even if we feel like being bad, our true nature of being good takes over.

9. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Varloo,

thanks a lot for the reply. we all belong to the same category of being good inspite of bad results.

regards,

Vanaja

1 person likes this.
  10. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi all,

I think we should evolve with the lessons that life teaches us.

Like many of you here, I have had experiences where being good to others was not really good for me. I was taken for granted. And I learnt to recognise people better, although that made me judgemental.

I have also had experiences where being good has been a boon. And I am thankful to such people who have enriched my life.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi