1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever been bored of being good to others!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Jun 14, 2007.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi lalitha,

i strongly agree and believe in law of karma. this law is eternal for generations to come.

so you adopting the way of being silent is very well appreciated by me. i too practice the same.

regards,

Vanaja

2. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi lalitha

i am always silent and people assume i don't mind.krrrrrrr

3. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Huma,

Just try it for longer and you divert you mind so that you get Krrrrrrrrrr instead they should... Don't become a victim of manipulators... Just remain to be good...

Vanaja... what do you do????

3 people like this.
  4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI all,
    I read all the postings. It is very interesting topic.
    Being good is always good.
    But people might take good advantage of it.
    But it makes feel happy about yourself and not guilty for doing bad things to others.

~Punitha

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Just be yourself and dont bother how others are.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

When i was reading Huma's post one thing came to my mind. Read it:
    'It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.---MARK TWAIN'.
    No offense to anyone.
    Even my cousin used to tell me that if others take us for granted or cheat us, it is they who are going to be punished not us.
    Being good and doing good gives peace of mind to us, eventhough we brood over it frequently.
    Srinketan

1 person likes this.
  7. ilagandhi

ilagandhi New IL'ite

Vanaja,

I was only questioning our perspectives, as they can all be very different in what we view as being good.

1 person likes this.
  8. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi everyone,

i shouldn't say but here i got a chance to spill my words, really i was tired of being good 2yrs back. if i am doing good others think let her do it's her wish we will do our way. u know its really difficult be good always because when we do good sometimes it includes some sacrifice some pain, but do others understand, never. still i do good but now it depends on my choice.

padma

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Being good is boring or not!
    My in laws had given me quite hard times. But I was forced to take care of my mil who was in a coma stage for 4 months. She developed bed sore and I took care of her (braving the bad stench and nauseas feeling all the time). My fil was a witness to all this. He never gave me credit for this instead said I do not do anything (when all other sons and dils did not even pay a visit).
    Then fil got paralysed on the right side. He was dropped at our place just 7 months after this and I was grieving my sister's untimely death. I gave him physiotherapy, bathed him and fed him and literally stood on hand and foot. He was here for nearly 6 months and even after that, he will be sent here for 6 months every year. Then my hubby got some differences with his father and did not bring him here. Now again, my fil had visited us many times and at present he is with us for the past 1 month. Even now I do every thing for him. My hubby works in shifts and so he could not take care of his father. Even other wise, he feels lazy and I do everything in pity for fil.
    Hubby shouts at the smallest thing at his father and I defend him. But I feel very dejected when I think of the bitter experiences my in laws gave me. But the problem is I cannot be rude to the 92 year old man, paralysed also. What can I do? I had to be good.
    It is very true that people take you for granted. Even my siblings and my mother do that to me. 'She won't mind' that is the mantra used against me.
    But inspite of this, I cannot change mysef and be rude to others or change my character for this. After all, 'vidhi valiyathu'- fate is stronger, don't you think?

10. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi everyone,

i find most of our members had bitter experiences and results out of being good, inspite they continue being good. this kind of quality is a high human value that everyone should appreciate.

i am really happy identifying these good hearts and their determination of being good. and also waiting to hear more of your experiences.

YES YES YES - It is very true - As you sow so shall you reap - the law of karma which is eternal.

regards,

Vanaja

3 people like this.