Have you been to Sunderbans? Need Info

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by sudarshana, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sudarshana

sudarshana New IL'ite

Hi Ilite Friends,

I would like to vist the Sunderbans in West Bengal.I dont know any details of that place.I have heard there is govt conducted tour in Sunderban but I hardly get any details on it on the internet.

I guess there are many people here in the community who live in west Bengal or people who know about the Sunderbans,I would love to know the ifs and buts and nots to visit that place,the correct time to visit and most important what safety measures should I take before going to the Sunderbans as it is a foresty area .

Longing for your comments friends.

2. nabanitapain

nabanitapain Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I had been to Sundarbans. The tours can be planned in many ways...There are private and govt tours being conducted .I prefer you go for Govertment ,that is safer.

3. konkana

konkana New IL'ite

I have been too............,its really wonderful!

4. manjeeta_kaur

manjeeta_kaur New IL'ite

Hi Konkana,

can you share some pics of sunderbans...

5. NamitaPradhan

NamitaPradhan New IL'ite

Hi all,

One of my friend has in-laws in Darjling.She recently visited to Sunderban.She told me that the West Bengal government has drawn up plans for developing the beaches lining the Bay of Bengal and also the Sunderbans. The plan also includes the introduction of cruises on mechanized boats in the Sundarbans that has got a number of rivers criss-crossing it. It was further informed by the State Tourism Minister Manab Mukherjee that at Jharkhali near Sundarbans, up to six world class resorts are being developed. The tourist lodge of the state tourism board is also being renovated.

So friend government is doing best.All you need to go ,visit and enjoy Sunderban.

6. manjeeta_kaur

manjeeta_kaur New IL'ite

Hey Namita....
    Great Info

thanks for sharing it