1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have Our Gods Failed Us?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, May 10, 2020.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@kaluputti,

Those 12 verses are invaluable to go through. Every time, I hear from a teacher (I went through this 5 times through 5 teachers from different Gurus of their own), my interest to go through it intensifies more. Here is an internet version.

Mandukya Upanishad 12 verses on aum — Tripurashakti

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Honestly speaking, though I have tried to understand the secret or meaning of creation and in the process have read Kathoupnishad. It is another thing that I am not in a position to retain it called 'atmasat'. It needs lot of concentration and more than that belief in what we read.
    All I know is that it is complex and there are no clear cut answers. In most cases i find it pure repetition in different words.
    Creation of Universe, if it was created, that is, cannot be explained in words, particularly when we on planet earth are a tiny part of the whole.
    For a layman, the answers are vague and escapism.
    I very much like the message of Lord Krishna to Arjuna when he asked what happens to a person who tries to reach God but fails many a times on the way and Krishna replies that it is sufficient that he is trying and that is enough. I am in that category. At least that helps me to stay human with all my failings.
    God may or may not be failing but humans are. Death is the natural end, not the goal.

Thyagarajan and kaluputti like this.
  3. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Awesome sir/madam. I have confined myself to a a couple of selected acharyas..and now I feel that my quest should transform into nidhidhyasanam...! I am also incapable of anaysing and assimilating various views on one subject though that should be the method. Will be glad if you can share thoughts about it here which should be interesting to go through.Finally it comes to Lord Dakshinamoorthi who became silent at some point of questioning by the rishis....silent teaching....'SILENCE'!

4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

You are not alone in this sir...either in understanding or questions coming up repeatedly...all without exception experience it..yes as Krishna mentioned or Jesus for that matter,,,"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you"!Krishna further consoles that the journey continues through the subsequent births..!But unless we have faith in the scriptures this doesn't hold good though.
    Natural or unnatural, death cannot be the goal for any living being since it is the living or life that motivates it to go on..!

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.