have anyone conceived using Femara 2.5mg

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by purpledream, Jan 19, 2014.

1. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

ttc 2yr I have regular periods, I ovulate regular, so I have a seemly "normal" cycle. I finally talked with doctor today She suggested to take Femara 2.5mg with my next cycle from day 3 for 5 days
    i.e from today .

my question is, has anyone tried Femara? all the stuff i can find is that it's used after clomid has been used unsuccessfully for a few cycles. Ive never used clomid...so I'm not sure why she jumped straight to Femara. I guess mostly I'm looking for advice and stories from anyone who has taken Femara.
    Thanks

2. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Purpledream,

Femara is preferred over Clomid by some doctors. Reason being Clomid thins the lining, though it produces more follicles. Femara produces one dominant follicle every time and is considered safer than Clomid.

Maybe that is the reason why your doctor has prescribed it for you. So do take it and make sure you have IC during the exact days, if it is going to be a natural cycle..

1 person likes this.
  3. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

thanq helpmeangel!!! ya itz a natural cycle.
    pray for me

4. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Definitely dear..my prayers are with you..may you get success this cycle.. :)

1 person likes this.