Have an idea to grow IL? Share it here!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for this idea, Sunkan. I repeat the same what I answered to you via PM.

We already have cards printed for IndusLadies, though it does not carry any moderators/local champions/administrators names on it. Because we always keep adding to the management team.

The cards we printed are distributed to members along with the gifts they win in contests, so that they can use it to distribute among their friends circle to spread the name of our community.

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

I have found the youth of today are more into face book. I am a member already. Anyone on Facebook can do an easy search.

Malathy & Jey, if it is ok, can we have a link on facebook? It will help launch a thousand memberships (apologies Shakespeare)

Regards,

Corallux

3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ilites We can help IL grow to become a large&vibrant community for Indian ladies in all over the World.First thing We have to give an Advertisement to the International LOCAL Indian Newspaper and give announcement to the International Local Indian Radio.so that all Indian people, as well as the other Foreign People could be able to know about our IL group and surely they will be ready to join in our IL group. This is my idea. Our Management will implement This Idea.Best of Luck.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

the need here is to organize and help the tourists in IL in each place ladies can come forward and book the taxis and may be for hotels and book the bus that take them to tour and what ever is possible by contacting the local travel agencies.

we see many who come from abroad are unable to trust anyone so would prefer if someone can come forward help them sometime stay with us and one can charge the nominal ones which usually they would be paying outside but good home made food, will be available if one has spacious place they could ask them to stay along and trust is something we can build in the name of Indus ladies as all are here and one can trust the other ladies easily as they come forward from here...sunkan

5. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Here is my share of the idea - pretty much an extension of what some of you thought already.

Outside India, wherever Indians are, they always visit the local Indian Store. So this would be an ideal place to put up some Flyer or board for IL.

Secondly, when people travel abroad be it short term or long term, they do visit sites where they either look to watch some online Indian TV or Indian movies. And there are such regular sites where we can request for linking to IL.

Of course, feasibility, cost factor (if any with the shops) etc. have to be checked. Possible that one of the ILites who frequent local Indian Stores or stores where you buy Indian groceries can check with the shop owner.

Cheers
    Jenz

6. Induslady

Jenz,

We are doing this putting flyer or business cards of IL in the Indian grocery stores (I know this happens atleast in US, when I send flyers or cards to members with their gifts).

It will be nice if this happens in places like Singapore, UAE, UK, Australia, etc. so that we can reach out to Indians visiting the Indian stores in these countries.

We have given a copy of IL flyer here - which can be printed within a A4 size paper.

Regarding your 2nd idea of requesting Indian TV or movies site, we haven't really approached these sites fearing of spam. If you or other members know any such trusted sites, please do approach them for a link exchange on behalf of IL and we can work it out.

Thank you for thinking through these ideas.

7. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

Usually the number of Indian Stores or Stores selling Indian groceries are quite less in Germany and most of the indian crowd should be frequenting these shops.

So possibly we can ask ILite Regulars in European forum if someone can work on this.

Cheers
    Jenz

8. Induslady

Hi Jenz,

Once again thanks for this idea about less Indian stores / restaurants in Germany being frequented by almost all Indians living there. We would sure like to work on this idea.

I'll look out for regular IL'ites from Germany. If you know any IL'ites off-hand from Germany, do let me know via private message.

9. anjanasubash

anjanasubash New IL'ite

my idea to expand the coverage of indus ladies is to have partnership with developing sites like sunsilkgangofgirls.com.we can also advertise in femina and women's era magazines.

there is no need that professionals answering members question shld b a women we can get help frm the family members of our members who might b a professional.

10. budhdhi

budhdhi New IL'ite

You could give some points to people who bring members and those members could be given some extra previlages than the normal users