1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hats off to all the unreasonable people!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha
    You have launched me on a trip down memory lane with your Insurance company experience. I had nearly similar experience when I joined State Bank as a Probationary Officer in 1965. During our probationary period, we were asked to be a standby for all emergencies including interruption in water supply to the toilets! I had to let myself suffer all kinds of indignity for the sake of decorum. Further an officer had no defence during his probationary period. Most of the time, people like me had to be rescued by highly vocal activists.

Your Kuwait experience is not uncommon in India too these days. A successful man is one who knows when to keep his mouth shut!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    My God! Dont tell me that you force your people to eat all your raw food that you make from recipes given to you by people whose digestive power could be a lot lower than your dh and son!
    You are UNREASONABLE!
    Sri

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear CheensSir

YOU tu !!!!!! cannot believe that you too are calling me Unreasonable !!!!!!!!!
    And here i was thinking its some side effects after reading this thread..silly me..

BTW I did not understand your line
    .."..people whose digestive power could be a lot lower than your .."...:queen

4. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dear Cheeni Sir,
    I was always been a silent reader of your post because I don't have words to write FBs for your post......
    You are good in your psychoanalysis......
    Dear Sir, AC and Chitra Ma'am.......simply rolled in laughter to read your replies........you threesome are truely awesome...........
    regards.

5. Cheeniya

It's elementary my dear Watson! It's a well known fact that the digestive power declines as we grow older. A stage comes in everyone's life when they may have to shift their focus from yummy deep-fried stuff to eating uncooked food to keep pace with the declining digestive power!
    But why should they force it down the throats of younger people like you?!!
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Meeta
    I'm happy to be able to keep the ILites entertained through my column. But it wont be half as interesting but for the hilarious feedbacks that I get from the readers. I am quite lucky there!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Why do I now remeber the famous quote, 'Pillaiyum killi vittu thottilayum attividaradhu'?

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir,
    Now it is your turn to make an elementary mistake - sorry for this pointer to Right Honourable!
    As age advances & digestive power decreases, only cooked food is advised!
    Youngsters are at an age & stage of life, when they can even digest stones (I am not saying - but so goes the saying!). This is the age when they can chew well raw food (unlike you me, the two oldies with shaking teeth) & digest !
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra Mam
    Your volte-face is truly amazing. On one hand, you give out recipes for rich menu that will put the oil wells of Iraq to shame for the benefit of the youngsters of IL. In the same breath, you suggest that they eat stones and uncooked food! I am sure the young ones will be pretty confused now! There will be strong debate among them if they should have their lunch in vegetable shops or in 5-star restaurants.

People are known to switch over to uncooked food as they grow older. Kings of yore after long years of feeding on 12 course lunches shift to deep forests in the evening of their life to commence eating roots and fruits! Mahatma Gandhi and Morarjee did that too. In fact Morarjee spent the last years of his life eating uncooked food.

Sri

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Well, Sri,
    I think ILites have had enough of me in this thread ! With sympathy for them, I stop going on & on & on !
    But, please Sri, do you not think that I advise or give recipes with "crude oil" cooking ! Your reference on the oil wells, will lead one to think on those lines !
    Bye in this thread (only!)
    Love,
    Chithra.