Has anyone recently converted Indian DL to Malaysian DL??

Discussion in 'New to KL' started by sdeeparekha, Jan 21, 2013.

1. sdeeparekha

sdeeparekha New IL'ite

Hi,

Has anyone recently converted their Indian Driving License to Malaysian one? Is an International DL issued by the government of India needed for conversion? Heard that of late, conversion process is not that easy and majority of the applications are being rejected. Is this true? If not what is the procedure to go about?

Cheers :cheers
    Deepa

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi deepa,

I have done this conversion.. Not very recently though.. I did in July 2011.

It's not at all difficult, applications never get rejected.. I submitted few papers like my Indian driving license, passport photocopy, my photos etc.. With the necessary forms and paid the fees. Within one day got my license.. Since I had just taken my Indian license, I was given a P license in malaysia which will automatically be converted to full driving license in 2 years time.

Every year we just renew the license in any nearby post office..

It's not necessary to have an international driving license issued by the Indian government. The normal domestic Indian license is sufficient..

3. sdeeparekha

sdeeparekha New IL'ite

Thanks a ton once again Preethi. Hope u r doing good...

4. dkcrpl

dkcrpl New IL'ite

My husband is working with Petronas.We recently submitted our application for conersion but it was reject..reason don't know !!

5. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi dckrpl,

You can check with Road Transport Department*of Malaysia (Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia*- JPJ) in your area and find out why it got rejected.