1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has AGE Got Anything to do with FRIENDSHIP???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Jan 17, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

"THE FRIENDSHIP CALL"

The relationship that sails ever higher and the one that is relished by all the creations in this green and serene earth is none other than “friendship”. How can age play any role when two hearts meet with a frequency that matches each other with almost the same pace? Age is just a numerical count for the number of days we had spent on this earth. According to me, age is the count, for without which the Supreme cannot call his dear ones close to him on time. The very synonym for the word “relation” is found and explicitly described in the dictionary of “friendship”. The abstract feeling reaches its zenith when the two hearts shares knowledge, emotions, ideas, and thereby act concurrently. The fire of ego, jealousy and hatred is completely extinguished by the deep ocean of friendship wherein the two hearts leave their foot prints for others to gaze about! Friendship nurtures-in the aspect of “healthy competition” which is the need of the hour.

The first and foremost frame work whom I recognized and identified as a friend was a girl of my age when we were tiny tots running around in our school play ground:queen. A small push by another, made her stretch out her cute little palm for me to “rise” up. That moment is well preserved with memories lingering through the “16 year young friendship cascade”. Tears of happiness flows down and cleanses my skin when I feel that we have lost contact for the past three years; but am sure that she mentions my name at least once a day as I do to my parents. “May God bless her with all the blissful moments in life and may the sun rise to shine at its peak to enlighten her steps ahead”; thus goes my prayer always in all ways for my dear little friend who was called Nithya (though she changed her name according to numerology, I always loved to address her by the name which first signified her identity to me). I still have a conch in my show case that was embossed with both our names in Mahaballipuram; a small token of love that I wanted to gift her with when we meet up again. Fresh and fragile is our relationship that will still remain to be a part of our soul till the last breath that almighty leaves us with. To be frank enough, the very first day in IL, I skimmed through the name list and profiles just for the pleasure of finding her back. The love that was embraced by her makes my heart, beat according to the tone that our friendship sang!! Never will my praise for her end. God has made me wait till he processes my proclamation on the same. A wait that is bloomed by the fruitful memories; I shall treasure always, even with a heavy heart that is left with pains of solitude.

Along the path of search, I had found many others who lend a helping hand and had been an ointment for the pain (if I can say so). The group that accustomed to my behavior and pattern of style in eleventh standard is still continuing to be the best set I have ever had. We are a group of seven who still continue to rock in our own fields. One is pursuing her medicine (a born genius), two others are budding architects (one among these two is an excellent poet created by mother nature herself), one is doing her MBA in the famous and renowned “Amity” campus, and one is an athlete (currently doing her fine arts-an excellent artist too) who has a school of potentials for being short listed for the Olympics, two others are pursuing their Bio-Technology courses. The credit list will go on as our group was loved by almost all the staffs (when in school) and we sprang out into different colors to prove what we are in our college life!! My own talents I recognized only when being with them. Their reciprocation of love and affection is worth millions of twinkling stars. The words of praise, appreciation, courage, support and bravery that they had showered on me reflects on my personality today. I am what I am and the way each one of us show-cased our uniqueness has guided us in the path of success. Even in the group, I was close to one who remains to be her own self in any kind of situation that nature demands. I had learnt a lot in the journey that was splashed with a variety of sparks by these cute little and charming girls.

Change is the constant phenomenon of Mother Nature. Change is inevitable. I flavored the other gender’s relationship when I stepped into college life. Fun, merry, happiness, enjoyment, ragging, leg-pulling jokes, canteen snippets, verandah walks, silence-breaking library chit chats, eleventh hour assignment preparations, singing blues, monologues, mimicries, “threatened” rakshabandhan days, adorable “friendship day” celebrations, face-caked birthdays, so on and so forth will make all abstractions vanish in the air as all different experiences are well felt!! College days are ticking away very soon with the fresh flavors being smelled by each and every one of us, every micro second. Few of my professors made me bow my head in front of their “down to earth” personalities and their guiding pattern influenced me. In fact, one sir became very close to the extent that I started addressing him “anna” to break my “only-child cocoon”. He is a multi-faceted person whom we all treasure. The respect his knowledge and strengths demand is the one that we owe him. The friendly attitude which he maintains within his prescribed limits is always adorable. I always relished his “Karma Yoga” behavior. Such is the impact college days has left me with. Again another circle of friends we have enclosed with where one is a potent and my dear-most singer (currently undergoing her project work at Hyderabad), one a famous lyricist (my dear college brother), and one more is great in playing with words especially when it comes to punch dialogues (I call him “dei anna” as I enjoyed his brotherly attitude towards me), another is a girl who is very close to my heart and resembles one of my school mate- Orrisa by origin but we all enjoy her fast and witty Tamil version of speaking, last but not the least is my very close friend who is a Senior Under Officer (NCC) and is about to pursue his career in Army. We salute his bravery and patriotism the most. I wish all these lovable souls continue to remain near me and with God’s grace may each one attain zest and zeal with boosting energies!!

Life attains its purpose when we survive our best during the moments that take our breath away rather than the mere number of minutes that we have breathed away. The moral of friendship is to be valued and the essence of the same should be spread and shared equally among the like minded individuals.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

May God help you to locate your friend that would be my first prayer.

Your anecdotes of college brought fresh fragrance of past memories. Even today when I take their name there is glint in my eyes as my brain waves takes an upward graph towards those days of fun and togetherness. Its like another family. Friendship is the most beautiful chord that ties two souls which leap with bounds of joy in to the horizon. Who cares about earth....

3. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

hi malspie, you are a lucky person to have good friends from all ages ,good luck and have a great time.humera.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mals and Ramya
    Both of you have written them so beautifully.
    You can add me into your groups.
    Age has nothing to do with friendship I too have friends from age 14 to age 65+
    male and female and it is great fun having such friends.
    As long as we know how to handle ourself I don't think having friends of any sex does matter.
    Friends are like gifts, who are always there for each other.
    Having friends of all ages is really fun.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Humera.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Yes, I am lucky to have good friends always. As Chitvish say to have a good friend we have to be one first.. May I fit the bill perfectly!!!!!!!

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aruna

You have mentioned it aptly.. we should know where to draw the line and when true friendship is seething in our souls such lines never to be drawn. There is no gender bias its just friends and friends only.. What say... Thanks buddy for those precious comments.