Hartals and Bandhs - Why? How can we control it?

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by aabcii, Nov 16, 2007.

1. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

ya, HARTAL is the word which every outside malayalee feels ashamed of when we think of kerala , and the people staying in the state, are well, used to it! A nd I feel people do enjoy them at times !… I have heard that nowadays, hartals are so well – planned ,such that it falls on a monday or friday… or any other holiday linked with it…
    Bachelors look forward wth a “ full n kozhi “ while families plan for a short vacation .. :bang:bang:bang
    kerala – the Gods own country, is turning out to be a Devils own playground.. this condition would change only when people turn against those ugly politicians..

2. Vijayanair

Vijayanair New IL'ite

I fully agree with you. I normally get short leaves and visit Kerala for 4-5 days. But invariably 1 days is lost in some bandh or harthal.. once there was a sudden hartal and I had to walk 10 Kms to my home with three big bags !!

3. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

For your information, yesterday was hartal in Calicut and Malappuram. coming from Mangalore, I was shocked when for every trivial reasons hartal is observed. its a common fact here. I think last friday a hartal was observed because of no rainfall :) (though they claimed it was to mock the govt)

God save Kerala!

love,
    anu

4. suni

suni New IL'ite

Let us call for a Hartal against all hartals and Bandhs

(Just kiidding, avoid too much stress by thinking too seriously)

5. priyasree

priyasree New IL'ite

Hi very good idea. First it has to be done. Atleast the people realize it. People living outside may be going home town only once a year or 2 years once and because of this the leave gets wasted.

Regards
    Priya