Harmless Home Remedies.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: For cough & cold ( 2) - Yet another kashayam.

Dear Rekha,
    Sathakuppai is known as
    Anethum sowa/dill seed/sadakuppai
    I will post the photo tomorrow - I have to buy it !:-D
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Pmk

Pmk New IL'ite

respected chitra mami
    my daughter is 2 and half years old. she has started to go to preschool and is requently ill. she has been having cough and colds and also pneumonia with xray findings just 2 weeks back. she has started to cough again from yesterday. the winter month- mazhghari month seems to be too cold for her. she is vegetarian with milk products. could you please help with what i could do to boost her immunity? what if i were to stop giving her head baths this month?? or give up bathing itself this month??..
    please help as i am very very worried..
    thank you ...
    pmk

3. Chitvish

Dear pmk,
    Please remember that a doctor is qualified to guide you better. What I say is just from experience !
    Stop head bath for a month; but wipe head with a well-wrung towel followed by a dry towel.
    Even before giving her a bath, keep a thick towel ready, to wrap around her immediately after the bath. Do not expose her body, specially chest. I would suggest, you put on socks for her so that the feet may not get chill.
    I read the following thread in IL -
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...blems/8867-vicks-vaporub-try-this-remedy.html
    It is very effective. Do try this.
    Keep the chest well covered.
    Buy sprouted ragi flour. To 1 cup of that, add 1/2 cup powdered pottukadalai mavu. This is very nuitritious. Give her as porridge for good protein intake. Avoid curds, but not warm milk.
    Take care of the child, confidently.
    All the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Pmk

Pmk New IL'ite

respected chitra mami,
    thank you for the advice. i was very suprised - pleasantly- to get a reply so soon. i have been to a doctor who said it is another cough- cold and not to worry. so i am much relieved. at the same time i as very grateful to have got your early and helpful reply..i am planning on boosting my daughters immunity as soon as possible and the tips will definitely help.
    could you tell me how to make pottukadalai mavu at home?
    thank you once again
    pmk

5. Chitvish

Dear Pmk,
    Buy fresh stock of pottukadalai, slightly wam it on akadai & powder it in the mixi. It gets very finely powdered. It is very simple.
    Love,
    Chithra,

6. presci

presci Senior IL'ite

Re: Periods - Safe ways to postpone & prepone.

Dear Mam,
    Most of the time i am getting periods on festivals and ausicious days like i will get periods during ayudha puja, new year, birthday. Tomorrow is my my birthday, but today itself i got it. What can i do as i am not able to go to temple on important days.
    Luv,
    Presci

7. Chitvish

Dear Presci,
    I understand and empathise with you - but personally, I would never prefer tampering with nature !
    Please go & see my remedy about eating pottukadalai. That is harmless & you can try; but it does not guarantee success.
    there are many who take Primolut N for postponing. But it s a harmonal tablet, I will never advise the same.
    Such a happening will take place atleast 3 or 4 times every year.Can you take postponing tablets every time? It s not good, in the long run, Pras.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies

Does anyone know about frozen shoulder? I am not able to take my left hand fully to the back and not able to lift straight. I consulted a Dr. who has prescribed some exercise . But he says it is curable. Many people have told me it is a common problem which goes away after some time. It is uncomfortable at nights as i am not able to sleep on that side and I am not able to use my hand freely.

If someone can come with their suggestions, experience, remedy I would very much appreciate.

shubha vasudevan

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi chithmam,

sorry to butt in..
    shuba,

frozen shoulders is painful.you can be relieved with little exercise and medicines

Take some mustard oil (this has m ore heat than our gingelly..) warm it...add little of the pain reliever gel what is given to you..into that....mix it well..and rub into into your shoulder...don't massage to hard..just rub it in...and then bring it down through to your fingers...when you massage for pain..if it is the shoulders you start at the shoulders and bring it down through your elbow, then f ingers....and then put a hot water bag...if you have somebody to help...just take some hot rice in a cloth..(waste cloth) and have a tava hot on the stove...just fermet your shoulder with this pack..(how hot you can tolerate..)..this will give relief..

actually my doctors says a little mehendi leaves, and two small shallots,ground and taken as a small ball will give immediate relief in case of pain...(this i would not recommend as it reduces the body heat..in your case as i feel it will aggravate the pain...)

he also says aloevera leaf...just scrape of the top...and apply the leaf as it is on the painful area..and tie it using a cloth...it relieves pain..

hope this helps...

10. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanthi

thank you very much for your quick response. For me the discomfort is more than the pain. My Doctor has advised some exercise and no medication. I hope it takes time to recover from it. I am also taking homeopathic medicine which is of some help.

I will definetely try your suggestions. Thanks once again for helping me.

love and regards

shubha vasudevan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.