Harmless Home Remedies.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Keep your head erect, baby !

Don't allow it to spin for such simple things !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I have tried soaking vendayam in warm water for about an hr(or put about a pinch of vendayam powder in warm water) and drinking that...really helps

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

abdominal cramps

Dear Mrs C,

Saw SuBa's post on abdominal cramps during periods and your suggestion.

The water + ghee, lime juice+honey- how often do we have to drink this? What if pain is persistent?

thanks in advance
    regards
    V

4. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Thanks,Sunitha!

I just saw your suggestion for the abdominal cramps.I will keep that in mind and try it.Sorry for the late reply. I did not notice your reply till today.

Cheers
    Suba.

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi vidhya,

Sorry to interrupt..but, Vidhya, tried this method as per Mrs.Chithra's advise without lemon juice. The pain use to be there during the first day alone. So, two times in a day is more than enough for me. More than that, drinking plenty of water throughout that particular day is also helping out as it flushes out bad stuffs from our body. This is my personal opinion.

Good luck..

Rgds

6. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Headache / Sinus.

Hi dear Chithra,

Can you post any home remedy, other than shukku, for headache due to summer heat --- have been suffering for totally 4 days last week. The heat, combined with sweat , which then gives me sinus probs. too --- have tried putting sukku pathu, but doesn't work at all. Have also tried steam inhaling for sinus with Vicks, Axeoil, Tiger balm & what not , but it has become a mandatory period of 4 days of struggling with the pain :bang .
    I also try vomitting by drinking club soda, or some strong Eno -- but no use at all; hoping that you can help with your valuable advise,

Love ,

7. Chitvish

Your icon says what you are going through, Revathy !

Try these:
    1 - crush one garlic, put in 1 tsp oil, heat, apply the oil on the temples
    2 - Take a small piece of turmeric, dip in neem oil, show it in the flame, inhale the smoke that arises
    3 - grind omum, apply on the forehead & then have a head bath in hot water
    4 - red sandalwood piece - rub it with mother's milk ( don't ask me where to get it, this is possible only if there is a nursing mother nearby ! ), apply as a " pathu"
    Now my personal experience - I used to get severe migraine & believe me, I got the worst attack on my wedding day & my daughter's thalai deepavali day !
    I had a dental check up, followed by a small surgery, after which, I have forgotten my head ache completely. Definitely have a dental check up which can be the " hidden secret reason" for your head ache !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Still a mystery ...

Dear Chithra,

I thank & appreciate you for all the tips you've given for headache ; but sadly didn't work for me [​IMG]. I tried them during my pains last week, the garlic one gave me relief immediately, but only for a few mins. Again the pain started. So, I got my BP checked --- that was 140 / 100 ! But I was told due to pain pressure will show high reading [​IMG], so not to worry....!! I was given the usual dose of painkillers.

I'm totally confused, 'cos I do not eat any sort of pickle / lijjat papad etc. which the nurses told me to avoid. In fact, I'm known for even eating some dishes without any salt at all -- how can I reduce my BP further ? Any kashayam , podi I can make & drink , please let me know ??

After completing the process of doing dhrishti for my family, just before I go out to dispose it, should the person who is sitting {whose dhrishti is being removed } move to his left or right ?
    Other than doing 'dhrishti' and mopping house with salted water, is there any other way of removing negative energy in the house ?

Awaiting your valued advise,

9. Chitvish

No tension, Please, KK !

Even if you have a tendency for slight hypertension, there is no cause for anxiety. There are any no: of effective medicines. You will not get high B P, by eating extra salt etc. But only if you have high B P, you should exclude them.
    As far as I know no home remedy can tackle effectively B P . The safest bet is to follow allopathy.
    After dhrishti, no need to move to the left etc. as far as I know.
    Play Vishnu Sahasranamam casette or CD loudly in the house for positive vibration
    Please relax - you seem to be quite tensed after your FIL's demise. As I wrote to you, remember life has to go on !
    I strongly believe " More things are wrought by prayers than this world dreams of " .
    Love & Regards,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Home made Shikakai Powder - Hair is soft & silky !

Shikakai - ½ kg

Korai kizangu - 50 gms

Boied rice ( puzungalarisi) - 100 gms

Dried neem leaves - one handful – 50 gms

Dried lemon peels - 30 no:s

Dried amla ( available as nellimulli) - 10 or 12

Dried curry leaves - one handful – 50 gms

Methi seeds - 2 tsp

Dry all the ingredients under sun very well.

Grind fine in machine.

Can be used for scalp as well as for body.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.