Harmless Home Remedies.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi chitra,

will a cup of water + ghee relieves back pain too or only abdominal cramps

prabha

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prabha,
    I have tried it ony for menstrual cramps. Not tried for back pain.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. ChhayaaN

ChhayaaN New IL'ite

Re: 2 Bath-powders for a smooth & blemish free complexion.

Hi,
    Please can you give the names of the items that you have used as it is known in hindi.THANKS.

4. Chitvish

Dear Chhaya,
    I am sorry - these are all typical country medicines which are sold by tamil names locally.. You may search in the glossary of Wikipedia. I am helpless, in this matter.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. shanthi ramanathan

shanthi ramanathan New IL'ite

hello chitra madam

Today only I visited this site as I dont havemuch time to browse the net , I saw amazing tips for all basic ailments with most of the ingredients available at home . I have noted down some tips also. can you suggest me some remedy for general tiredeness combined with sometime with gas,flatulence , sometime with full bodyache specially in the shoulder , right hand and sometimes at back sometimes heaviness in the head specially the next day after taking hair bath . As I sit for long time in the office and do computer work i get these pains and everybody says do exercise. but becuase of one or the other problem mentioned above, i am not able to do it. So any home remedies which first keeps me fresh so that I can utilize other tips for basic ailments.

6. Chitvish

Dear Shanthi,
    Please remember that I am answering this question within my limitations !
    For
    "heaviness in the head specially the next day after taking hair bath ."
    You must thoroughly dry your hair before plaiting it or putting it up. If not a drier, dry it under the fan - accumulation of moisture in the head must be avoided to prevent sinus.
    In Kerala ayurveda shops, you get Rasanadi podi, which when applied on the top of the head is very helpful.
    You have necessarily to do some stretching exercises for your neck if you sit at the computer. Any physiotherapist can help you by teaching the same.
    I think, your food habits have to be "restructured" You must take more fruits to provide you with natural glucose & prevent you from getting tired. Do not eat the fruits after food, but atleast 15 mts before food.Drink plenty of water without fail to detoxify your system.
    Take care.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. shanthi ramanathan

shanthi ramanathan New IL'ite

hello chitra madam .

Thanks for the immediate reply i will follow your advise for heaviness in the head . Second thing you have mentioned that your diet i.e food habits should be restructured. That is the main probelm as i want to change the food habits but not able to do so. I take mostly idly in the breakfast (nowadays bcause of some cholestrol I ahve started taking Oats in the morning breakfast) . In the afternoon i take either chapati or rice with vegetable. and in the night I eat rice iwth sambar or curd Actually for taking fruits I don't get suitable time. After coming from offcie I feel very tired and hungy at 7.30 p.m so at that time sometimes biscuit or any fried thing available at home . Sometimes I have papaya or banana in the morning So can you please advise me how to restructure so that I dont feel hungry and also have full satisfaction of eating.

The best thingwhile disussuing my problems with you is the feeling I get that somebody is so caring and responding to me in a very friendly manner and feels that we are very close.

Thanks to god for showing the way to this forum and your advises/guidances in this forum.

Bye and seeking blessings
    shanthi

8. Chitvish

Dear Shanthi,
    Thanks for your nice words.
    Please remember that I am not a dietician, but just an ordinary housewife.
    In the morning, I suggest after coffee or tea, have some papaya or any fruit one bowl, followed by oats porridge. Try to add dates or raisins to oats for sweetness.
    At 11 AM, have a banana or an orange. For lunch have more of vegetables like a kootu & curry everyday besides rice or chapathi.
    As soon as you come back home, have immediately a guava or orange or apple or pomegranate & have dinner after 10-15 mts.
    On the whole, increase your fruit & vegetable intake. Have milk at night, if you have no other health problem.
    Try this for a month. Otherwise, it is better to go to a dietician.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam

Loved to read all ur contributions. Everytime I read ur post, i will be amazed how much u know all these and how do u remember all these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hatsoff

Can u suggest me a remedy for this. My mom, who is also a member of this communty, is having cracks in her finger tips. What cud be the reason, any remedy for this. Ur ideas pls..

Thanks

10. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mam,

I also have the cracks in my leg fingers.,i tried to apply some creams, but it doesnt helped me yet.
    If, i use the socks the whole day , the next day it looks better.
    Since , its summer here, i was not able to wear the socks all the time.

Pls advice me as well.

With love,
    suba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.