1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hard water causing Hair loss

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Hemasanda, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Hemasanda

Hemasanda Silver IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

Can you please suggest any tips to control hairfall due to Hardwater.Also needed reviews about water softeners. How much it will cost & Is it really worth installing water softener??? please suggest..

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Hemasanda

In my experience, i can tell you hard water cause more hairfall.

To avoid it , use cool water even though it is hard, may reduce some effect. Also use Soapnut for hair wash and add Aloevera juice to the last rinse and leave it for 2 min.

Using soft water is the only ultimate solution for this problem, but you try above.

Hope this helps

3. Hemasanda

Hemasanda Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much for your tips..Can you please tell me whether soapnut makes hair dry..since my hair is very dry & lifeless. Also please suggest do water softener helps.

4. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

You can buy bottled water and wash your hair with that. If you like the results, you might consider buying water softener. You can oil your hair before washing it but only you can see what works for your hair.

5. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

I think I responded on a very similar thread already but I am happy to make this suggestion. 1st check with your doctor who might be able to run some tests to find out if you are deficient in any particular vitamins that might increase hair loss. 2nd if you are sure it is caused by the hard water find a plumber and ask him/her if there is a filter you can add to your shower. 3rd I found a super site for checking ingredients: tightlycurly.com/ingredients/. I checked all the ingredients in my Pro Naturals Hair Repair System and there are no baddies listed at all!

6. lisacarter

lisacarter Junior IL'ite

helpful information