1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Valentines Day! Let's Celebrate With KC Kambar!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hey Sudha...What is this arai kizham....This does not exist in our IL vocabulary!!
    Kudos to you gal that you went out and bought roses for your loved one. I could not have done that since I don't skate! ( Iiiicy outside). But did mention to my other half who was immersed in some Sci-fy on box and making notes on which alien created the mutated robot, about a cozy lunch outing for Valentine. He gave me a look and I felt a bit alien, right then and there. After a few moments of fumbling, ( guess he did not know it was Valentine's), he insisted we go out for lunch and it was my turn to protest as the roads looked like mirrors. But he had made up his mind to be my Valentine (!) and we did lunch out.
    I should thank IL for this because if not for IL, Varalotti and the romantic tales here, even I would have forgotten that it was Valentine's day. So much for romance:) Food was good though!
    And Chitra....what can keep you away from any thread? Please do not come to such decisions and deprive us of your sweet writings. Enjoyed your very romantic lines.

L, Kamla

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Supplementary 2!

Dear Ladies,
    Dont be frightened by this supplementary 2 that another dose of suyapuranam is coming forth.

I read with interest the stories of Sudha, Varloo and VS where they confessed that their husbands would actually discord flower-gifts as "waste of money." I think I also belong to that category. And added to that I am an accountant too. That makes a lethal combination. One day we were discussing my daughter's marriage with her. Of course it was in a lighter vein. And she told in a not so lighter vein, that any groom is ok, provided, in fact it was not just provided but PROVIDED the groom was not a CA.

That gave me an impetus to think further on the subject and I produced a small middle entitled The Romantics and The Classics. I posted that middle here in this site long back.
    Those of you who complained that your husbands might not relish a gift of flowers may seek solace reading it.
    Here's the link.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/a...iters/287-the-romantics-and-the-classics.html

regards,
    sridhar

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

This was one of the threads I enjoyed most and Vidya saradas post is simply hilariousand highly romantic.I could sense the romance as the undercurrent of the subtle humour.I read and re read and felt light at heart.Perhaps thats what valentine is doing to me. As kamla said I have to thank varalotti and friendsfor reminding me of valentines day.
    Regards,
    Meenu
    Hasppy valentines day

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi All
    I second Meenu and vote this the most interesting thread going. First person reports of real incidents by real people any day beats chronicles of mythological characters lip-synch-ing lines of classical poets.

So far we have had stories from all age groups so that we get a fair idea of how this many splendoured thing called LOVE blossoms(Varalotti), grows ( Safa), thrives( Sudha, Kamla) and matures ( Chitvish ,VS). Only thing missing is a love-in-the-making episode. I"m sure there are at least 4 unmarried girls in IL, wonder why none of them have told us what they think of Romance and Love. After all, Valentines Day marketing generally targets youngsters .

I hope this thread keeps growing even after the V.Day balloons have wilted and the tinsel blown away. Dont we all just love LOVE !

Manjula

PS : Dear Varalotti: You can go ahead and open a term-coining factory. I have resolved to remain in the "dhemeinnu irukkum" mode for this sweet thread. Jumping deferred .

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chtira Madam,

your post was soooo good. I have been married for quiet some time now and have had a lot of chances for compromise. But "vittukudupathilum oru sukam irukkunnu", naan ithuvarai ninaithathu illai. I bet it it will an incredible feeling when a person starts doing that for the one they love.
    I think the kind of love and respect you have, to know each others pulse is astounding and inspiring.

Thankyou so much for that amazing post

Jothi.

6. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

Glad your lunch date was good. My husband offered to take me out to dinner but after I said I did not want to go out because it was dangerous to drive, he must have felt happy that I said that cause he jsut wished me happy valentines and started working (he was working from home). He is a person who feels valentines day is overrated in the US because men and women here feel very insecure about their relationship that they constantly keep saying and showing the other person that they love each other. I knew that this was his lazy self talking because he did not remember to get me flowers or a card. We had a good laugh after that.....

Jothi.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Manju,
    it would interest you to know tht love could be in he making even after a marriage of many years. Many an Indian man finds out that he could love his wife, only after he finishes all the duties of his life and he discovers that the speceis called wife had been giving everything to him all these years and she too needs to get something in return-better late than never. So all this hype could provoke at least some unromantics to be a little romantic at least in old age.
    And Sujata, ha ha! so you made him take you out to dinner:2thumbsup: ! Now, what else is the Oma planning next?

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear chith,
    I read your wonderful letter now only. you have clearly indicated that accepting a person with all his faults establishes companionship in the long run.Live and let live makes more valentines.Age carries wisdom. Inthese days where thereare youngsters who want to put mils in jail and see them suffer it is people like you who are so down to earth who give us some hope for the establishment called family. I did love many replies here and as Manju said various stages of marriage are covered I hope this thread goes on and on tll next valentines day.
    Regards,
    Meenu

9. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

Great post with many of them sharing a bit of their life's experiences here. from Ilamai to mudhumai, we have all types of kathal stories here & still not enough. would love to hear more.

It was nice to read your own love story. so, no meeting points & letter exchange points & K... God, how can KPs even exist those days when there was only shoe noking that too from a distance. Even Kannum Kannum meeting point also would've been standing miles apart. But surely would've heard each other's hearts more than exchanging thousand words in each other's arms.

As for me, I support such days, not that otherwise we forget but it's nice to break our head to find some different ways & means of showing love to our valentine. Usually, it's me who pick up cards on important days. Flowers shld strictly be from him. I don't believe in equal rights you seee. the minute you talk about equal rights then you loose out on a lot of good things - still love it when my man open the door for me; check often to see if I'm comfortable even while he's in a crowd busy yapping; takes me out for shopping & chooses things for me....etc. etc. etc. I still love when he tells my daughter to pick up a hanky before we leave the house to watch a hindi movie & even a slightest emotional scene and he immediately turns to me asking if I need the hanky. once we were watching Aishwarya's movie and hubby was watching me more than the movie and suddenly came so close and whispered such beautiful words. He said, "You look so beautiful than Aish" & he literally turned towards me for entire movie time leaving me sooooo embarassed & blushing.

I celebrated valentines day in advance for 3 days at a stretch & I got so tired when the actual day arrived but still managed to go out for dinner and even managed to exchange kisses in the elevator (actually, pretended to go to the upper floor but did just what we need to on a valentine day) and luckily nobody was waiting for the elevator at the groud or they would've seen a blushing ME.......

4 people like this.
  10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

I loved reading your post & the two different poems on the ilamai & mudhumai kathal. I read it again & again & I could understand the meaning of acceptance without expectations, companionship & sharing, togetherness; more than I thought it meant.

Love,