1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy that attending Rudram has helped my dh

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 21, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

God looks not at the oratory of your prayers, how elegant they may be; nor at the geometry of your prayers, how long they may be; nor at the arithmetic of your prayers, how many they may; not at logic of your prayers, how methodical they may be; but the sincerity of them He looks at. -T. Brooks

What medicines cant do prayers can do. I am saying this with the recent experience.Last Saturday me and dh had goen for Maharudram. First my dh had said he will sit only for an hour and then we will come back. But after going there he felt nice seeing his friends. His habit for doing social work made him serve tea but since his hand was trembling due to weakness I told him his friends will serve. So he stopped. His friend made him sit right in front . So till the end we were there and had good darshan of Lord Shiva and also heard Rudra Japam and saw the Vasurdhara.

In between one uncle told him to have kanji as it will take time for lunch. It was 3 pm when lunch was served. But instead of having food he tried to help his friends by taking out the food and giving. I told him to have lunch but he said you go and have , I will have later. After helping them for sometime then only he had lunch and told me he tasted everything little.

That day after coming back he had Sevai given by my Sammandi who had Satyanarayana Pooja in their house. After that his in take has become more, earlier he used to have only one chapathi or dosa int he morning but now he takes two. He used to have only dahi rice and now he is having sambhar rice and dahi rice. But still in the nights he is having only butter milk.

Today I was surprised when he told me he will go for a walk. I told him I will also go with him but he said no let me try going alone. He left alone for a walk. For sometime I waited. Then I got worried and I also went to see where he has gone. I went to temple thinking he might be there but hewas not there. Then got worried and phoned him, luckily he had taken the mobile. When I phoned he told that he was int he site where the kriyas take place. I had a doubt he must have gone there. It takes 10 to 15 mins to reach there. Though I was happy that he has gone alone but was worried so I also went there. My friend's mil died a week back and they were having the rituals there. She and another person were telling my dh to take me for some days with him because he is weak. Then we came back in auto.

Dont you believe that listening to Rudram works wonders.

2 people like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,

I am glad your husband is recovering and is on the road to normalcy. God is great!

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou Shyamala dear for your first and fast fb. True God is great

4. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Hi vijima!!

Very happy to hear that appa is recovering.. Yes Indian and Sanatana Dharma way of life has a lot of meaning attached to every thing .. only that we do not know all the reasons for every actions performed in our customs and procedures.

God's Really great and mantras and poojas go a great way than what we actually think.

Very Glad to know that appa is feeling better now..

2 people like this.
  5. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

a true prayer is always fruitful.

1 person likes this.
  6. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Happy for you and your dh..
    Of course I believe listening to Rudram uplifts our soul.
    I have experienced this too.. Not only rudram any form of positive vibrations uplifts our soul.

Someone recently recited a story.. There was a grandfather and a grandson. Thr ritual was that the grandson sat with the grandfather while he recited the Gita, after some days the granson complained that he neither understood anything nor did he learn the verses so whats the use in sitting there. The grandfather did not answer his question, instead gave him a cane basket and said 'go to the river and fetch some water for me', the granson went once, came back obviously with not a drop and said 'grandpa of course there isnt any water-this is a basket, give me a bucket' but granpa insisted he come running this time, same thing repeated, he said run faster, faster and so on. Finally when the grandson gave up, and said 'I cant do this anymore why are you making me do this?' the grandfather said-'see my child, when you took the basket, it was dirty, see now, because you dipped it in the river so many times, its perfectly clean now, the same is with human mind and body, you may not understand the Gita but mere listening to it cleanses you and prepares you for the better'.

I found this to be a very profound thought, hence shared it. hope you dont mind the long fb.

6 people like this.
  7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

my dear Vijima
    I am always super happy to hear the word Rudram . My father chants it so well. He taught me and gave me his book which I treasure so much.
    Listening or chanting Rudram is absolutely the best!
    A few years back Satya Baba had asked his devotees to learn and chant Rudram both male and females.
    There is a group of women nearby who learnt it and I used to chant with them too.
    Hope mama gets better soon. Lovely thread:)

1 person likes this.
  8. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Very nice to hear that uncle is recovering.

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Your mail box is full so did not accept my reply; Let me know thanks

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sara dear glad to see you here thanks for the useful message > True mantras play a great part in curing our sickness

p.s. I like your avatar very much