1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Teacher's Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 5, 2020.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Happy Teacher's day.My pranam to my Teachers.I had all good teachers in school. One favourite teacher was my class teacher who was loving and caring.She was my 10th standard Teacher. I can never forget her . The day we were leaving everyone was taking autographs. I had no money to buy autograph book. So I made a small book and gave to my class teacher . She gave me many autograph books to distribute but my book was not there I was disappointed
    But after distributing I found an autograph book in my name.I felt very happy and went an d thanked her.That was an unforgettable day for me

All my bosses in my office were also like Teachers to me. I had so many bosses in that my favourite were two of them .One was my boss who promoted me from.Typist to Steno though I had not completed stenograohy. Next our VicePresident who promoted me as Senior Assistant though I did not know accounting and I was not a graduate.

I can also not forget my Typing teacher because of whom.I learnt typing and started my career as a Typist.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: @iyerviji

That must have been a thrilling moment and such moments ever stay green in one’s memory.

2. A very timely post on the day of birth anniversary of late Dr Sarvepalli Radha Krishnan which day we in India celebrate as Teachers’ Day.

3. There were numerous ASAANS, GURUS, ATHYAPAKS, PANDITS, UPADHYAYAS & preceptors in my school, college (B.Sc.), MIT TO WHOM I feel greatly indebted as they were instrumental in wharptever I am today.

5. Across my age, I found too many were teaching me including my spouse, my son and my daughter. I should say, that each of us always surrounded by teachers as we constantly learn from other.

6. Even fellow members in IL are my teachers as I learn a lot from their threads and FB responses.

7. We learn from animals too. They too remain our gurus.

8. It is said parents are FIRST teachers and TEACHERS are our second parents.
    Numerous anecdotes cross the mind but I have no patience to pour them all here.

9. One is considered lucky to get true asans. Late president KALAM sahib said that if some one recognises him as a teacher that moment is the proudest moment for him.

Thanks and Regards.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your lovely first feedback. I was sure I will get feedback from you though I dont give feedback to all your snippets

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:If my memory serves me correctly, then in recent times there is not a single English snippets in non fiction forum ever gone unnoticed by you that includes mine.
    But I do not mind if my snippets or other tidbits in other fora remain unanswered and till date that type of statistics has not hampered my interest in my postings here in IL .

HOWEVER I appreciate your views and receiving regular feedbacks from a ripe experienced persons and followers like you in IL.
    Thanks & Regards.

God Is neutral & unbiased.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

There are ever so amny teachers in our life.We cannot find a single object which does not teach lesson to us.We learn paropakara from plants and rivers, patience from mother earth.Even people who are evil we think, teach us how not to be.Our experiences are our best teachers.Crisis teaches a lot. Recently corona has imparted/and still imparting too many lessons.Scriptures and books, young and old,even kids make us learn.Shrimath Bhagavatham speaks of 24 Gurus which include deer, honey bee, hunter, courtesan and even prostitute .Even alphabets teach us. The letter nga in Tamil is Guru and it looks like nandhi.My father was teacher from 1910 to 1947 in St. Joseph's Trichy and later upto 1975 in Tutorial institute.His teaching experience for 65 long years.Many ICS officers were Appa' students in American History.Those days!1

Jayasala 42

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:I learnt from this feedback several points .
    Thanks for explanation that tamil letter nga -ங -look like Nandi is a preceptor.
    Regards.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks bro

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks akka for your lovely feedback. Ya everyday we are learning from so many people. Glad your father was a teacher

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello: @iyerviji
    On Teachers day a friend shared these anecdotes. The philosopher's day and humour!

Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the great teacher, philosopher and the president of India in whose honour Teachers' Day is celebrated today, was an exceptionally witty man.

The King of Greece came to India on a state visit. President Radhakrishnan welcomed him at Palam airport. “Your Majesty. You are the first King of Greece to come to India on invitation. The last time, Alexander the Great came uninvited.”

Gandhiji: Don’t drink milk, which is the essence of beef.
    Radhakrishnan: “In that case we all are cannibals.
    For we drink our mother’s milk, which is the essence of human flesh.”

Winston Churchill while having a cup of tea said to Dr. Radhakrishnan:" Sugar is the only English word where "s" is pronounced as "sh" Dr. quipped: "are you sure?"

Once Winston Churchill hosted a State banquet in honor of Dr Radhakrishnan, who washed his hands before eating and used his hands for having the food while Churchill used spoons and fork.

Churchill could not stop himself from advising Dr.Radhakrishnan to use spoon and fork saying that they were more hygienic.
    Radhakrishnan replied, “Since nobody can use my hand to eat, my hand is more hygienic than any spoon or fork you use”.