Happy New Year to all Ilites

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by rosema, Dec 27, 2006.

1. rosema

rosema New IL'ite

May god shower upon all friends with lots n lots of blessing in the coming year ....2007
    :clap :clap :clap :clap

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hai friends,
    happy new year to all..regards sunkan

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Make this New year outstanding.

Hi friends,

Before going in i would like to give a thanks greetings to sunkan :clap who have posted a newyear wish before stepping into it and to all others who have posted the same which i would not have viewed it.As said by even i don't prefer celebrating newyear by going outside(restaurants,theatres).But I don't have any reservations on that.I would like to share my experiences on how i celebrated the newyear in 2003.It rates first among the unforgettable and memorable events in my life.Myself and my brother thought that why not we visit some orphanage and spend time with them and donate some thing to them. Every year we post new year greetings,give away gifts to our friends and relatives.But the fact is our wishes and gifts are one among many for them.Don't think me otherwise as i am not enticing anyone to ignore relatives& friends.But more than them our help and wishes are badly needed by the people who literally do not have any support(physical as well as moral support).They are the one who feel extremely thankful and lighthearted by the love we shower on them and and their difficulties are easily surmountable by our support.They can even manipulate things better.As decided we went to a local orphanage ,collected our old clothes (good and useful job on a new year day) bought some stationeries,eateries.We handled all our contributions along with some money(It depends on each and every body's capability).We are able to see the happiness and heartfelt thanks on their faces.More than them we felt that we celebrated the new year wholeheartedly.I agree that there are controversial opinions on what i said.Now a days charity is becoming a publicity and media is playing a lot on it.Also there is one more controversial idea which is spreading around.Even i :confused: have a doubt in that.Some say that our contributions are not reaching them properly.Even as we all know that two years before Tsunami changed the whole scenario.People from all over the state,volunteers who collected dresses for the Tsunami affected persons and the like situations will be known.But whether the contributions really transferred to the other hand? There are lots and lots of messages on that.The fact is that the middleman enjoyed(there are exceptions).My idea is keep all things aside.If you feel pity for the deserved,we can proceed. If we give it whole heartedly they will definitely get benefitted.So friends discuss your ideas regarding it.

Thanks for your patience (As you have spent time so long for reading my article)
    Its me BhargaviChakravarthy .
    I wish a :-D happy and peaceful newyear.

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi, here is something interesting

Youmay send your contributions to the.interface@gmail.com .
    They will make sure your contributions reach the right place and are used properly.
    If you want more information visit www.theinterfaceonline.org .

Regards and Happy new year
    Meenu

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2007
  5. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Same to u...

Hi Sunkan
    ur card is really very nice.
    May Lord Ganesha fulfils every Ilite's and their family's wishes....
    I wish u and all Ilites

Very Very Happy New Year...

Gayathri..:wave

6. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Hi all :p
    I wish all of u a very happy new year.
    Enjoy the year.
    May God bless every one of us.
    This year, I found so many friends through this wonderful site.
    So I thought of sharing my wishes with all of u.
    Here I attached friendship messages. Plz go through them.
    Thanks to all for being my friends...
    Once again I wish all a very happy and joyful new year.

Gayathri..:wave

Attached Files:

7. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Wow !

What a colourburst !
    Thank you Gayatri for the soothing Blue and the happy Sunshine Orange - the apt colours to usher in a peaceful new year.

VS

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

great and colorful

great vidya,
    now this place is becoming more colorful...wonderful pictures..regards sunkan

9. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi
    Its a nice thought to spread cheer among the less privileged during New Year or other festivals. Unfortunately we do hear reports of mismanagement of funds sent as charity and even misappropriation. Two days ago there was a report in the newspapers about a foreign couple who were shocked to find that the boats they had given to the tsunami victims were being rented out instead of being used for their livelihood. Some NGO here had also taken money from them to educate the orphans but had done nothing. How shameful !
    When we give money, we can select well known agencies like CRY that do good work. Or we can personally do, whatever we can to the underprivileged in our own neighbourhood.
    But I will not give up celebrating with family . I like to keep it Fifty-Fifty !
    Cheers !
    VS

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i appeal here for an orphanage i came across

dear bhargavi,
    i spend on charity every month, though we shouldn't mention what and how much, i happen to go to thali near hosur. where my son in law giri is a great contributor. so we spent his birthday in september among those kids, and my !!what a raw exposure, with all those children dressed in their best but very boney in structure and a small baby also being bottle fed and to avoid the flies they cover his face to sleep and when we took a round around the home all the beds were patched and very very pathetic, it took me 3 months to recover and mr luke who takes care is a lone man. living on contributions, i would appeal here if someone is interested to contribute, i will see to it they get the authorised receipt and all things go there, there are 20 children of different age group...at present my daughter sends koozhu mavu for their monthy consumption, mr luke is of the opinion that the children are gaining a little weight and to hear that is a pleasure, i have sent clothes and sewing maching as those girls stitch their own clothes, so if any one is intersted pl do let me know i will post his site here for their benefit, if some children get something of kindness, i would consider my small help of streching my hands to u all for that help....even as cotton beds and blankets, everything will go directly to them...with kind regards sunkan