1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Karva Chauth to all married women

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Amicable, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

This is my first Karva Chauth. Wishing you all married women a very Happy Karva Chauth.
    [​IMG]
    A festive as well as enjoyable occasion for newlyweds​
    The day of Karva Chauth is celebrated mostly amongst the entire North Indian community settled either in India and other parts of the world. The most important aspect of this day is that a dawn to dusk fast is undertaken by the North Indian ladies and seeing the moon they finally break the fast. The fast is unique perhaps because nowhere in the world does a wife go without food or water just to pray for the longevity and well-being of her husband.

In modern day, with all the trappings of commercialization attached, Karva Chauth, the big fasting day has turned into a full-fledged event. The event is growing bigger with each passing day. Karva Chauth celebrations promise to grow bigger with each passing year. The Halwais, the Mehendi and Churiwallis have traditionally been busy on this auspicious day. But joining the bandwagon in recent times are the beauty parlour owners, the event managers and the restaurant owners.

Karva Chauth special eateries are gearing up for now. Cashing in on the popularity of 'eating out' most restaurants have special menus for this special day. No wonder almost every happening-eating joint around town is offering plenty of attractive options to choose from. Various clubs organize special events on this festive day with various stalls, bumper Tambola and even a dance competition. With so much feasting and fun added to it, fasting had never been so good before.

courtesy by: SCFI

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

:thankyou2: :thankyou2:

Thanks for wishing everyone. I have also kept the fast. I was wondering if you keep without water. I have tea and water. How about you?

Cheers,
    Ria

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Happy Karva Chauth to all!
    Thanks Amicable, for explaining what it is and how do they do and why they do, for people like me, who don't know anything about Karva Chauth.

sriniketan

4. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Ria...Congrats... Its a tough fast...drinking no water and eating anything the whole day. But some people have tea or milk in the evening after 4 pm. I also had tea in the evening. Now, waiting for moon to come out soon. Write your expierence, how was it. Mine is going good so far. Few more hours to go.

regards
    quote=ria2006;166647]:thankyou2: :thankyou2:

Thanks for wishing everyone. I have also kept the fast. I was wondering if you keep without water. I have tea and water. How about you?

Cheers,
    Ria[/quote]

5. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

Thank you. I sighted the moon at 9 45 pm and broke my fast.

i am married to a Jain. we dont drink water or any liquids till 'harikatha' or puja paat.

6. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the information

7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I also kept the fast yesterday, and it was my First karwa chauth tooo...

My MIL told me to have water after pooja but i thot lets wait for moon

it was okey till evening but moon dint show up here till 9.30 p.m. it became difficult after 8 or so... but it was great....

i hope everybody had a great karwa chauth

~Abha

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  8. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Oh I have water all through day. IN our place moon dint show up at all. I waited till 11pm then I offered water to clouds assuming there was moon. There was no way moon was to show up here. it was all cloudy.

It was fun. Hubby got my favorite bouquet. He was all too obliging for whatever I say.. Since I was the "Hungry" one. Got nice pampering. :spin

9. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

We were invited at our friends house. There were 20 couples with kids got together, younger and senior ladies all dressed up beautifully. It was fun to participate in performing the puja and then played Karva Chauth katha on the CD player. The host offered the food, guys were having snacks in the different room. The smell of the food was making all the ladies more hungry. We waited the moon till 9.30 pm, but then it was getting late, so we all did "Chander ardh" (i.e moon puja) facing towards the moon supposed to come out. I defintly love this festival.