Happy Friendship day !

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Chitvish, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear I L ites,

It gives me great pleasure to wish each & everyone of you on this Friendship Day.

I feel I have 1400 friends in this forum, eventhough I may have directly interacted with just a fraction of that number ! The bond of friendship I have formed with those who regularly interact with me, is so joyful to me that I cannot thank God enough.

In my life, from an early age, friends have played an important role. I have had " fair-weather" friends, " I know better than you “ friends, " goodwill in spite of long silence" friends, " I am there whenever I need you" friends, “ confused and confusing ” friends, “understanding and reassuring ” friends. All of them have made me realise the worth of friendship. I believe it is rightly said that
    " relatives happen to you", but friends are chosen by you !

I, for one, believe that we have to contribute our best to nurture a friendship & never take friends for granted. I cherish them, love them & wish them the best in life. It is very easy to lose a friend in a trivial argument, but gaining a good one is not easy.

Let us cultivate friends. To have a friend is to make life easier and richer. A friend is a present that you give to yourself. But you can neither pick up nor purchase a friend. We cannot compel anyone to be our friend . We have to discover one. A true friend is discovered not by searching outside for a right person to be a friend, but by your growing to be the right person to deserve a friend. Let us first give and then receive from our friends - Caring, Trust, Understanding, Acceptance, Respect, Appreciation, Devotion, Admiration, Validation, Approval, Reassurance and Encouragement.

The more friends we have, the more beautiful the world becomes to us.

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

me too want to join u dear chitvish ji

dear all ilities,

happy frndships day frm me also.

dear chitvish ji,
    ur post is a very true saying abt frnds.I m also very needy for frnds n I could get so much gud frnds here on this site.I m really thankful to INDUSLADY for starting this site.I can share all my problems,sorrows n happiness wd all of my grt frnds here.
    I wish to GOD on this frndships day that all my great frnds will b able to fulfill all their wishes in this coming year.I consider myself very lucky to have all of u.:mrgreen:

once agn

HAPPY FRIENSHIP DAY TO ALL OF YOU.

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

special day

Dear friends,
    Remembering you all specially on this special day and wishing you all the best.
    Regards,
    Meenu

4. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

happy friendship day

WISH U ALL HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY

Attached Files:

5. jayana

jayana Senior IL'ite

Hello,

WISHING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF U ON ILs....A VERY HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY :-D

Luv n regards,
    Jay

6. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Wishes for all ILites

Dear ILites,

Happy Friendship Day to each and every one of you.

Let us Celebrate and Cherish the Friendship.

Chithra,
    Like your postings in other forums, this one abt Friends too is wonderful. Lucky to have a friend like you around.

Have a gr8 Sunday.

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO ALL!:wave

[​IMG]

8. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Happy Friendship Day - Friends!

Hello Friends,

Wish you all a very Happy Friendship Day on behalf of the IndusLadies Team.

As mentioned by Chitvish, Friends are "chosen" by us and we to turn to them for our joy, sorrow & whatever the needs be. They are always with us (emotionally, if not physically!) whenever we need them. So let's celebrate this day to celebrate the wonderful friends we have made and would be making in our life.

Hope each one of us make lots of wonderful friends in this community!

Special thanks to Chitvish for being so thoughtful to start this thread on Friendship day.

Warm Wishes,
    Shakthi

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

A true friend indeed

Hai all,
    WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY. Whoever thought that I will get so many friends, that too all over the world, even when sitting at home! I thank the Induslady specially for starting this wonderful forum and binding all of us in friendship.
    And being a true friend , Chithra had started this thread on a wonderful note.
    Thankyou Chithra.
    I used to have a brood of friends in my school days, around 15 to 20. I used to miss them. Now, I have all of you. Thanks to all of you, for being friends with me and helping me whenever I need you.
    I also would say that I am there for you all, whenever you need me.
    AGAIN, HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

thats what friends are for..............

Dear Chitra, Meenu, Sonia, Laxmi, Cheer, Jayana, shakti, Varloo.........

Its so refreshing & rewarding to read this thread on this special day.
    when I wish you all a very happy friendship day - I feel so wonderful.

Chitra, yet again, you've brought us together for another occasion & you've said it rightlly about friendship & thnaks to you, we are all growing younger.

I've been here for a long time now & have thoroughly enjoyed interacting with everyone of you. For any relationship to work, we need to have Love, respect, appreciation, happiness, forgiveness, sharing, honesty, integrity, compassion & finally peace & I've found all this & more here in this site & I thank each and every one of you for making me feel sooo good.

Thank you Chitra (my youngest & darlingest friend) - for being there always & just speaking to you makes me cheerful that my hubby tells you are my vitamin pill.